“Colombia Shallow is the best” 5 of 5 bubbles

and up
Cozumel Snorkeling Tour: Palancar, Columbia and Cielo Reefs
Ranked #5 of 158 things to do in Cozumel
More attraction details
Owner description: Giant sea turtles and groupers await those with the courage (and the experience) to brave the fierce currents at this diving site.
Olympia, Washington
56 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 152 helpful votes
“Colombia Shallow is the best”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 23, 2013

Colombia Shallow is the best garden reef in Cozumel. It is very shallow, only 25 ft deep, but it packs a wallop. I feel I have missed something if I make a trip to Cozumel and don't get a chance to dive this reef.

Visited November 2013
2 Thank CommanderChip

• Hebrew first
Miami, Florida
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Very nice but dont recommend when it rains the day before”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2013

We had a great time taking a snorkel tour in Cozumel, and Columbia reef was nice but dont recommend going after it rains, because the visibility isnt very good since its a deeper reef. Make sure you tell your tour guide youd rather visit shallower reefs.

Visited November 2013
1 Thank deannashaffer712
Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
25 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 124 helpful votes
“Many different types of fish.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 17, 2013

I dive this site annually. This year I got to see some really neat fish. I got to see some Bahamian Groupers, they were huge. Maybe as big as me and I am 5' 8". Queen parrotfish are abundent here, many sea turtles, stingrays, lots of lobsters, angel crabs, brittle starfish, lionfish, queen angels and many more. Columbia is like swimming in a huge aquariam, but much better. I will be back soon Eagle Ray Divers to dive this gorgeous reef again! See you all soon!

1 Thank Bonnshack
Omaha, Nebraska
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 12 helpful votes
“A wonderful place to snorkel”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 28, 2013

Truly a beautiful place to snorkel. We saw tons of fish, a turtle or two and even some rays. We visited three seperate reefs that day and all were simply lovely!

st louis
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Wow! What a place to snorkel!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

This location has to be the best when it comes to snorkel trips. What amazing sea life! We had a school of fish that followed us the whole time we were on the water.

1 Thank StLouisMaureen