“Amazing Coral Wall that drops off into the Abyss!”
Review of San Francisco Reef

Ranked #29 of 159 things to do in Cozumel
More attraction details
Owner description: While not very long, this reef is full of brightly colored fish and coral.
Dallas, Texas
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Amazing Coral Wall that drops off into the Abyss!”
Reviewed March 27, 2014

I loved this dive. It was so cool to swim off the "top of the wall" and be hovering over the Abyss. Just a sheer drop into the Deep Blue. You could go explore the massive coral wall at any depth you can safely dive at. The current was just enough to keep you moving but wasn't overwhelming as in some areas of the reef system. Lots of marine life in the reef, with some glimpses of huge animals in the depths in ocean behind us. Another incredible dive experience in Cozumel.

Visited March 2014

Winnipeg, Canada
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Awesome dive!”
Reviewed February 7, 2014

Had a great time. I dove with a group that I didn't know,.I saw a giant stingray, also what may have been a tuna or marlin, as well as other various fish! There's a place where the wall drops off, that apparently goes down 3000 ft! Very good experience.

Visited January 2014
Dallas, Texas
16 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 13 helpful votes
“Best of both worlds”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

Fish, coral, and clear water - it doesn't get any better. It offers the wall and some very nice shallow dives as well.

Visited May 2013
Saint Clair Shores, Michigan
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Total surprise, happened there by mistake but we are glad.”
Reviewed May 30, 2012

We took a late taxi from our cruise port to what we thought would be Carlos N Charlies beach. Our overpriced taxi driver ($30) dropped us off at this place. We think he knew the owners. We ordered a drink, the beach was bare but the bar was open. We took a seat and were approached by "Fernando" who offered us a free gift for stopping in. Fernando told us about how he had just reopened this establishment after being closed for 5 years. He took us to his souvenier shop and gave my daughter and I a free handmade bracelet. He also gave my daughter a free shot of tequilla. All he asked of us was to tell our cruise ship about his place and his service. I promised I would. This is a great place to start a review. The beach is clean and beautiful and the service was remarkable. Fernando and his staff are the friendliest people we came across on our trip. We enjoyed our very short stay and wished we had more time.

Visited May 2012
1 Thank kvanbec
Sarasota, Florida
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Enjoyable!”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

I dove with Del Mar when we visited the San Francisco reef. The vista is awesome! I would visit it again. You just have to be there !