“It's a nice dive.”

and up
Cozumel Diving Day Trip from Cancun
Ranked #42 of 159 things to do in Cozumel
More attraction details
Owner description: Brightly colored brain and star corals, sea fans and lots of sea life make this a popular diving site, especially for night diving.
Sarasota, Florida
14 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“It's a nice dive.”
Reviewed March 16, 2012

Truth is, there are a lot of dive spots in Cozumel, and Paraiso Reef is just one of many. I visited this site during my first trip to Cozumel, and I thoroughly enjoyed myself. So if you're this reef popped up as a dive choice, don't hesitate.

• Korean first
Tampa, Fl
37 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 40 helpful votes
“Amazing”
Reviewed January 24, 2012

Great beginners' dive. Water was warm, no current, crystal clear and abondant sea life. Saw some spotted eels and spotted rays, seahorse, huge variety of small and large brightly colored fish. I would do it again.

Visited January 2012
1 Thank Jeb1217
Midland, Georgia
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“Perfect get away from the cruise, got a massage on the beach and Eli was WONDERFUL!!”
Reviewed July 28, 2011

The food is ok, drinks are cold, not too many kids, plenty to do, store sales people aren't pushy and you can get a wonderful massage under a tent right on the beach. Eli did a great job, I was totally relaxed for the rest of the day!!

Visited July 2011
Budapest, Hungary
65 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 141 helpful votes
“Amazing diving and snorkeling area”
Reviewed May 28, 2011

I've done several dives here including a night dive, and all of them have been fantastic. While I did some more shallow dives, accompanying children were snorkeling above us. The water is clear enough that even down to 20 feet the kids could easily see everything we saw and did.

One of the things I also really enjoy about this area is that it's an easy shore dive. There is minimal to no surge usually, currents are easy, and waves won't knock you over when you're trying to get in the water. You also don't have to go very far to see the wonderful marine life, including eels and octopuses, that inhabit the area. Visibility is outstanding, and the water is warm.

Visited May 2011
los Angeles, CA
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 36 helpful votes
“Nothing Special”
Reviewed May 5, 2010

I snorkeled this place on the recommendation of the guy who ran the dive shop at our hotel. He said we could get there on our own, it's free and there were beautiful things to see. When we got there,m there were lots of snorkeling groups/tours of people who paid money to be brough there by bought. We got there by cab. I saw the same thing they saw.

Basically, there was not MUCH coral, and not huge amounts of fish either, but everything that was there was pretty big. All the fan & brain coral we saw were bigger versions of what we found snorkeling in front of our hotel, same thing with the fish. But there wasn't THAT MUCH to see. Plus, I got stung by two thimble jellyfish.

This was my 1st time on Cozumel, I've snorkeled off the mainland several tims, as well as Jamaica & Hawaii, and I still have never seen reefs as amazing as the ones in the Dead Sea in Israel. I keep hoping I will find ones that can compare, but so far, nothing has come close.

1 Thank Rissanela