“Awesome!”

and up
Cozumel Private Luxury Catamaran
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Escape to a gorgeous secluded island. A beach paradise, known as Passion Island, the perfect place to relax and enjoy the Caribbean at its best! Just 15 minutes away from downtown, once in paradise you are invited to submerge yourself in a world of palm trees, hammocks, lounge beds, picnic tables and beach games. All age activities. Buffet lunch and open bar complementary.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Wheelchair access, Bathroom facilities, Activities for young children, Activities for older children
New Orleans, Louisiana
“Awesome!”
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Four of us booked this excursion through Carnival cruise line. We had an amazing time! The Twister speedboat ride was awesome and Santiago and Willie did a great job of making the ride exciting and fun. Isla de Pasion was a beautiful beach (the best of all we visited). Aida is funny and a very hard worker and was wonderful at making sure everyone had a great time. Also picked up some beautiful talavera pottery here. Would definitely book this tour again.

Birmingham, Alabama
84 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 80 helpful votes
“Isla Pasion via Twister!”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

We booked this excursion through our cruise. I was very pleased with our ride to the island and our day there. The twister was sooo fun, safe and left you absolutely soaked at the end. The drivers were very meticulous in ensuring our safety and stored our personal items to stay dry. We were on the first boat delivery to the island, so we got prime pickings in beach chairs. Bring your towel! Most of the chairs have something you might not want to sit on (bird poo, dirt, tan oil). The food leaves much to be desired, so I would bring a few snacks of your own. The all-inclusive drinks are the usual watered-down mixed drinks, so we stuck with beer and there are non-alcoholic options as well. Don't buy anything in the shops unless you really want to spend double what an item is worth. Many people have commented on the seaweed and dirty water, but we didn't encounter this at all. We did travel earlier in the year when fewer storms have occurred, which might make a difference. One thing that I did like about this beach versus others in Cozumel is that I wasn't constantly hassled by people trying to sell me their stuff while I'm relaxing on the beach.

Prescott Valley, Arizona
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Passion Island - Cozumel”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

This was a great excursion! We got lucky on our port of call day as we were the only tour group on the island, so we basically had our own private island for 40-50 people. The sand is beautiful! Pure white and so soft. The water was a bit chilly at first (mid March) but once you're in it's fine. They have a big trampoline in the ocean as well as inflatable slides, climbing walls, and even a log rolling activity to keep the kids busy. Paddle boats and kayaks are included as well. On shore they have volleyball nets and other sand activities. There are plenty of beach chairs, trees if you'd prefer shade, and even a few hammocks to hang around in. The included all-you-can eat buffet offered yummy chicken, pasta, salad, fruit, chips and salsa and even chicken nuggets for the kids. There was unlimited soda, water, fruit punch, beer and various other adult beverages as well. There is a souvenir shop on the beach run by locals. And our guides were friendly and funny. Not sure how different it would be if there were several groups from several ships on the beach, but we had a very fun, relaxing day. My only complaint was how short it was ... three hours on the beach just didn't seem long enough. I have to agree with ladybug northeast ... hide from the boat people or they'll make you leave. We would have stayed forever, if they would have let us!

Visited March 2013
Spartanburg, South Carolina, United States
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 20 helpful votes
“Wasn't too bad but hoped for better”
Reviewed May 18, 2013

Overall, we had a great time. It was our 3yo first real vacation and she loved the beach. Here's our break down.

Catamaran - it was a peaceful trip there, some waves which made the trip a little more exciting. On the way there they played native music but on the way back more "American" dance music like cupid shuffle, gangnam style etc.

Beach - It was a very nice beach. The sand was white, the water was pretty, trees and scenery were breathtaking! They take a private picture of you and your family as soon as you get there. It was rather windy so the floats in the water had a tough time staying down and the waves were numerous and decent sized so it made standing on the trampoline difficult. There was a lot of seaweed at a certain point in water but it could've been because of waves and wind. But it was like a row of seaweed in the water. There was plenty of activities on the beach, hammocks, volleyball, massage, play area for kids.

Service - Service was good and fast. I thought the drinks were rather weak but they were good enough for free drinks. We asked if there was any alcohol at all and he said he'd bring back a stronger one... it tasted the same though. We were constantly reminded to tip. Tip the server, tip the captain of catamaran, tip the guide, tip the bathroom attendant, tip tip tip. I'm accustomed to tipping but the tour guide spent a lot of time reminding us to tip, before we got to the island, after we got off the catamaran before we enjoyed the beach, and then again before we loaded up to go back and again before we got off the boat. I guess people don't like to tip so they felt the need to tell you.

Food - wasn't anything spectacular but it was included. It wasn't bad but don't have expectation set too high. If we ever go back, we will eat there again but didn't go back for 2nds. I was surprised they didn't have any kind of salsa for the chips. Guacamole and pico de gallo only. Maybe that's their "salsa" but I was really surprised they didn't have something in addition to cater to everyone who may not like those. I get that it's part of the culture but was still surprised.

Overall I'd give this a 3.5 so I rounded up to 4. We would do this again in hopes of a different and better experience but wouldn't do it again if we had the same experience again. This was our first time to Cozumel so we have nothing to compare it to.

1 Thank Reed D
Boardman, Ohio, United States
3 attraction reviews
“Just a fantastic time - Great excursion!”
Reviewed May 17, 2013

My wife and I took our first cruise on the Carnival Imagination for our anniversary, setting sail this past April 29th. We had a great time all around but I would have to say that the highlight of the our times at port was the excursion to this wonderful beach. We booked the Powered Catamaran to Passion Island excursion to enjoy some relaxation time on a beach. The excursion includes an open bar and a buffet as well as a cash bar and a little spot on the beach to get a massage if you want. The 40 minute catamaran ride over was very enjoyable, the crew was fantastic and entertaining. I read some reviews complaining about crew members asking for tips (they do not ask they only remind you that if you are enjoying yourself and want to reward them to please do so), they absolutely deserve it. At least that was our experience. Not very crowded, only about 40 tourists on the island and probably 20 staff members. We found ourselves a couple of chairs with an umbrella, spent some time enjoying a swim in the beautiful water, checked out the hammocks, had a lunch buffet that was not bad (particularly the Mahi Mahi) and had a few drinks from the open bar. Three criticisms that if possible to correct, would make it a perfect excursion; 1) Three hours flies by quickly - I know this is unavoidable because of the ships itinerary. 2) Drinks were a little watered down but still enjoyable. 3) The only beer was Dos Equis, which I do enjoy but come on... This is THE beach where the Corona commercials were filmed.