“Most wondeful excursion in Cozumel”

Discover Mexico Cozumel Park
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Discover Mexico Park Admission Ticket: Mexico...
Ranked #13 of 161 things to do in Cozumel
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the full sweep of Mexico's history, culture and traditions at Discover Mexico Park, the country's only theme park that showcases its diversity and many marvels in one place. New: Crazy Cantina, Tequila Experience by Jose Cuervo(R) Tour and Papantla Flyers (voladores) shows available regularly. Instagram, Twitter: (at) DiscoverMexico
Reviewed December 27, 2013

My family, (seven of us total) recently went on a pre- Christmas crusie with Carnival and one of our destinations was Cozumel. This was our 4th or 5th time to travel to Cozumel, and we have always enjoyed our visits, but this one was best. My 24 year old son had been in a recent automobile accident and was wheel chair bound for the trip. Carnival excursions suggested this excursion because it was 100% wheel chair accessable. They called it the Jose Cuervo Tequila experience. It was indeed that, but so much more as well. It started with a one hour tequila tasting and included a history of tequila making, how to taste tequila and everything you would ever want to know about tequila. Our guide Chucho was very knowledgeable and a lot of fun. I had the BEST margaritia I have ever tasted as well. Following the tasting and the margarita, we went and saw a brief film on Mexican history followed by a tour of a museum with very beautful mexican art work. After this, we went to a covered area outside for a wonderful homeade Mexican taco meal complete with salsas and hand made off the grill corn tortillas. There was a beautiful park to roam through and see complete with beautiful plants and miniature Mexican buildings and even small scale myan pyramids. At the completion of the tour we got to watch an ancient Myan rain dance performed by the Amazing Papantlan flyers. It was a magnificent show to see. And if all this was not enough.... we were then transported back in the air conditioned van and then allowed to receive a free margarita at the Tres Amigos restaurant/bar at the base of the dock for our cruise ship. It took the whole morning.....but it was so much fun and we will be sure to book this trip again on future cruises. Did I mention the tour guide...Chucho? He was Wonderful!!!

4  Thank TracieB_1_11
Write a ReviewReviews (1,923)
All reviews
in 41 reviews
"tasting room"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed December 26, 2013

We booked a Tequila experience tour off our cruise ship, and were treated to a nice snap shot of Mexican history, culture and architecture. The park is not huge, but very interesting. The tequila seminar was very informative, and the free samples were excellent. The price of the tour included three samples of tequilas, as well as a couple Margaritas. We had two great tour guides (Ruy and Carlos), who took great care to meet every need and show us a great time. We were also treated to a lunch featuring local dishes. Make sure to check out the air show. If you are looking for a fun, educational and tasty experience, this is certainly the place to go! Did I mention you get free Tequila?

Reviewed December 26, 2013

This tour and the accompanying tequila tasting experience was one of the best excursions I have ever been on. The food was great, the tour enlightening and very detailed, and Martin, our guide, was very knowledgeable. This whole tour really reminded me of the long and illustrious history of Mexico, and to top it off, the tasting blew me out of the water. I have never been fond of tequila, but this experience has changed my mind.

1  Thank Trektech20
Reviewed December 26, 2013

We booked this tour through Royal Caribbean while cruising. We truly enjoyed it. We were transported via air conditioned, very new vans to Discover Park. When we arrived we were escorted inside a nicely cooled building. Our tour guide Ruy, was great; very knowledgeable and funny. He kept things lively. There were many historical Mexican artifacts inside that he gave us background on, and afterwards the tour continued outside. We watched a show that outside that reminded me of something close to what you may see in Las Vegas; four men a top a very skinny telephone pole spinning around effortlessly. It was pretty remarkable.

The "Tequila class" was next. I learned some things about the liquor I didn't know. We sampled tequila in three different stages of "ripeness", and we had one of the best mango margarita's ever. After that a nice taco buffet lunch with a drink. Everyone was very pleasant and smiling constantly. The bathrooms were very clean and up to standard as well.

Afterwards were transported back to the docking area.

A major pro was the fact that there are zero and I do mean zero mosquito's in this place. I wore shorts and a thin top and didn't get bit or even see any of the nasty little creaures. In Roatan, Honduras, I got jabbed several times and when I pointed out my concern the tour guide denied having mosquito's in the country before sundown. However when we saw the driver trying to bat them away and our fellow van mates doing the same he said, "Oh unbelievable, that never happens..." Yeah right. Anyway, I highly recommend the tour, whether or not you're a tequila lover like me.

1  Thank Celeste J
See more reviews
Reviewed December 26, 2013

All in all it was all about Jose Cuervo. How tequila is made, sample tasting, margarita making. Learned "HOW" to sip tequila. I learned I like tequila better in a margarita than straight. There was also a small museum with homemade artifacts, Mexcan Flyers demonstrating a rain dance, and walking through the park admiring miniature replicas of building in Mexico. We were also served an authentic Mexican taco meal of beef and chicken. Our guide Arturo was very informative, wonderful teacher, and great personality. He was with us the whole time and always eager to answer any questions. Arturo was great. We made our visit on Dec. 14. Just a small group of us, about 15, made it very personal and fun. Booked it from the Carnival Triumph and the cost was $140 for a couple. Was a nice afternoon as it lasted a little over 3 hours. Arturo was in no hurry to take us back to the dock. AND it was only about 5 minute drive from the dock. Really close.