“Great tour guide”

Book In Advance
More Info
$84.99*
and up
Cozumel Combo: Jose Cuervo Tequila Tasting plus...
Ranked #11 of 161 things to do in Cozumel
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the full sweep of Mexico's history, culture and traditions at Discover Mexico Park, the country's only theme park that showcases its diversity and many marvels in one place. New: Crazy Cantina, Tequila Experience by Jose Cuervo(R) Tour and Papantla Flyers (voladores) shows available regularly. Instagram, Twitter: (at) DiscoverMexico
Reviewed November 4, 2013

My wife and I booked this tour through Carnival. The park was good and the guide Ray, was very knolageble of the history and the culture, he was very freindly and helpfull. The experience was great, becouse of the guide. Thank you Ray for great experience.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,950)
All reviews
in 44 reviews
"tasting room"
in 25 reviews

Reviewed October 27, 2013

Chankanaab is a national park on the island of Cozumel Mexico. It is paradise and well worth the Admission fee (adult $21 USD and kids $14 USD).You can for additional money book a swim with the doplhins and a lot of other things. What has happened in the last few years is that a private company has open a separate attraction called "Discover Mexico". Most of the cruise ships now offer a package deal to "Discover Mexico" and Chankanaab. I would not do "Discover Mexico" again, conversely I have been to Chankanaab many times and would never miss the opportunity to go there.
DISCOVER MEXICO consist of a slide and audio presentation, a small art museum with some wonderful pieces, and then the main event of a walking path along which you get to see scale models of many of the significant Mayan ruin sites throughout Mexico, plus some other significant government and cultural buildings in Mexico.
What brothered me on this visit was the drastic difference between Chankanaab and how beautifully it is maintained and the poor and unkempt appearance of "Discover Mexico".
All the scale models are dirty, mildewed covered and are not being maintained well.
I would not go back, nor would I recommend it for that reason. Maybe it was great when it first opened, but it looks bad now. Toilet facilities were lacking toilet seats. So bottom line, get off the ship, take a cab to Chankanaab, you do not need to book this through the cruise line, skip Discover Mexico, and enjoy the beautiful surroundings.

7  Thank dennis w
Reviewed October 26, 2013

Visited as part of a shore excursion on the Carnival Liberty. Loved it! Fun and interesting! Well worth the $69 per person. A short (5 min.) ride by van from the port provided as part of the tour I booked. If visiting on your own, it is not walkable, but should be a cheap taxi ride. The "park" consists of a small museum, scaled down replicas of numerous ruin sites and other landmarks throughout Mexico, a gift shop, and it is home to the Jose Cuervo Tequila Tasting. (Clean restrooms, too) The tour included the museum and grounds, a tasting, and lunch. The tasting takes place in air conditioned, renovated cargo containers and included a detailed explanation of tequila production and the differences in types of tequilas. You taste three different tequilas - similar to a wine or beer tasting - look, smell, sip, etc. After the tasting, we had a margarita and talked more about various tequilas. Of course, there is an opportunity to buy some :-) Lunch was provided, and it was great! Tacos, rice and beans, and sweet potatoes with chorizo plus one beer and one soft drink. If you're looking to buy tequila - I found that the prices there were cheaper than the duty free shops and my ship; something to consider. Cash and credit cards accepted in the gift shop.

9  Thank Rider2003
Reviewed October 26, 2013

I would just like to say that our tour guide (Chucho) was the best!! I myself can not swim
but I wanted to experience Snorkling and Chucho was with me every step of the way.
It was a great experience and I would do this again with Chucho as my guide of course.

See more reviews
Reviewed October 25, 2013

This was an excursion I purchased with a few friends on my very first cruise, it was more than I expected. I was expecting a few shots of tequila, some run of the mill tacos and an adios as we walked away. Our tour guide Ruy was very knowledgable, friendly and very pleasant. The tour that he gave through the park was fun and very interesting. Diego, our tequila instructor was also amazing and knowledgable. We learned how to properly drink tequila and how to make some tasty margaritas as well! The "taco bar" was amazing. Hand made tortillas mashed and baked right in front of you. The pork was delish and the rice was killer. We had so so much fun with them!