“Great Tour Guide Chucho - Very Educational & Fun”

Discover Mexico Cozumel Park
Book In Advance
More Info
and up
Discover Mexico Park Admission Ticket: Mexico...
Ranked #13 of 161 things to do in Cozumel
More attraction details
Owner description: Experience the full sweep of Mexico's history, culture and traditions at Discover Mexico Park, the country's only theme park that showcases its diversity and many marvels in one place. New: Crazy Cantina, Tequila Experience by Jose Cuervo(R) Tour and Papantla Flyers (voladores) shows available regularly. Instagram, Twitter: (at) DiscoverMexico
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We toured Discover Mexico from Jewel of the Seas. My husband is handicapped and a full time scooter user. They picked us up from the port in a handicapped van and took us to Discover Mexico. Chucho rode with us and gave us the tour through Discover Mexico. We learned so much about Mexico and their culture. He was the best tour guide, informative, friendly and helpful. They even had some authentic Mexican food that you could purchase that was great!

Highly recommended! Especially to anyone that is handicapped but still wants to enjoy themselves in Cozumel.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,926)
All reviews
in 41 reviews
"tasting room"
in 24 reviews

Reviewed May 14, 2013

My husband and I visited Discover Mexico in May (on Mother's Day in Mexico and also my birthday - how special). We have been to Cozumel several times. We booked our excursion through Royal Caribbean.

I have a degree in history, and it's pretty hard to impress me with historical tours, but our tour guide, Ruy, did just that. He didn't just spout out facts. Everything he said seemed to come from his heart. It was nice being taught Mexican history by someone who has so much passion for the topics. He also cheerfully answered all my questions in the bus ride on the way to the park.

Chankenaab Park was gorgeous, as usual. They have done much to improve it since the last time we were there (two years ago).

1  Thank Pamela L
Reviewed May 14, 2013

My family and I took a Discover Mexico tour through Carnival cruise ship in Cozumel and had a wonderful totally enlightening experience. We had an outstanding well informed guide named Maria who told us many important points about Mexico including history, art and commerce. We were amazed at the tequila tasting to learn about blue agave tequila and had such good food for our lunch. Everyone was so kind and we discovered another way to serve a margarita from David, who put chile pepper on 1/2 of the glass. I will come back again and bring more people!!!

1  Thank BarbaraZ Z
Reviewed May 11, 2013 via mobile

This place has an amazing history of Mexico through the miniatures of the landmarks. Our tour guide Martin was absolutely amazing. He was insightful and provided us with a very detailed tour of all the landmarks of Mexico. Highly recommended!!

See more reviews
Reviewed May 11, 2013

Discover Mexico was awesome! I went with my mother and younger sister. We didn't get to see too much of the area, as we went here on a cruise line and had some time restraints, but we can definitely say it was cool. The museum section was filled with great cultural finds and our tour guide Sebastion helped to make the experience! (I highly recommend him as your tour guide!) We even got a free sample taco (delicious!) and a picture with a boa, a mule and an iguana. There was outdoors, A/C, great buys, gorgeous scenery, ect. It was a beautiful park and I would LOVE to go back! You should definitely go!