Playa San Francisco
Review Highlights
Not exactly relaxing

The beach is very small and you are squeezed in like sardines. The water is not too bad. We... read more

Reviewed February 10, 2020
kneedeepinsnow
ottawa
A getaway from the cruise port.

We didn't know which beach resort to go to while at Cozumel port from our cruise ship. A taxi... read more

Reviewed April 14, 2019
nanrh
Fort Wayne, Indiana

Recommended experiences in and around Cozumel
from $60.00
from $69.75
from $73.00
from $29.99
More Info
All reviews fun beach cruise ship beach resort an excursion miguel server
Selected filters
Reviewed January 11, 2017

I had a day off from diving and took a taxi out here hoping for a lovely relaxing day on the beach. After paying $10 to enter I went onto the beach area. There were beer bottles and wine buckets from the night before lying around, and dirty baby nappies under the sun bed. Five staff were sitting around busy on their mobile phones - I went back and told the man that I couldnt stay there and he gave me my money back straight away. Then I tried the beach area a bit further down but to be honest, the number of jet skies and the smell of petrol was really too much. I got back in a taxi and headed to Jeanies in the town - not much of a beach but much better

Date of experience: December 2016
1  Thank 37Bluesparkle
Reviewed January 2, 2017

We were dropped off here for lunch (from a dive operator), and unfortunately we chose the worst of the beach clubs to eat at -- high priced and very poor quality food, a crowded beach, many hawkers bothering you to buy purses or sunglasses, purchase photos with iguanas, etc. The bathrooms were not that clean, and the place looked more run-down than the other beach clubs that surrounded it.

My recommendation -- avoid.

We should have eaten at the food truck at the Paradise beach club, or returned to the Money Bar which was infinitely better for the same price.

Date of experience: December 2016
Reviewed December 3, 2016

Pretty place with good food and drinks but the guys coming around every 5 mins trying to sell you stuff is annoying. I would recommend trying elsewhere more peaceful.

Date of experience: April 2016
Reviewed October 17, 2016

I was here with some other travelers and just along for the ride. As you can see by my other reviews, I'm a huge Isla Mujeres fan and after that, well.... not much else compares. Especially when they take a very naturally beautiful beach and put a bunch of floating "toys" in the water. Then they want an extra $10 on top of the regular $10 (for the beach chair/umbrella) to use those ugly toys. I just lay on the beach chair and enjoyed the view of the water right in front of me. The drinks were strong though. Don't order a long island iced tea -- they're horrible. Stick to the margaritas -- they're strong and good. The chicken nachos were also excellent. There are also waaaaay too many sellers trying to get you to buy trinkets. There was one at least every 5-10 minutes of the 2 hours we were there. That is way too many people messing with my beach relaxation time. If I wanted to shop, I'd be back in the shops BEHIND the beach. No need to bring that cheap stuff out and block my view with it.

Date of experience: October 2016
3  Thank jwistin19
Reviewed September 1, 2016 via mobile

Our original plan was to visit playa palancar but a taxi driver tricked us into going to San Francisco beach club. We paid 170 pesos for the taxi ride and he also got commission from the property. When we got there, it costed $10/person to get in. The property looked very depressing and the service was bad. We decide to leave for Mr Sanchos beach club which was about 1/2 km away or 3-minute away but the taxi driver asked for $10. We didn't have other choices but to pay the taxi driver to get us out of this place. There's nothing good about this property.

Date of experience: September 2016