“Once again a great week of golf”

Cozumel Country Club
Ranked #111 of 281 Tours in Cozumel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Cozumel Country Club, on Cozumel's north shore, features 18 holes of great golf from Nicklaus Design Group. Home to Mexico's first Audubon International Cooperative Sanctuary Golf Course, we also offer tours for bird watchers.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase, Lockers / storage
Gatineau, Quebec
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Once again a great week of golf”
Reviewed September 11, 2012

Thanks to everyone at the Country club we had a great time and great food at the restaurant. We will be back in December.

Come and join us :o)

Visited August 2012
1 Thank lyner

Sterling, VA
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 48 helpful votes
“Rudest encounter I have had at a Golf Country Club!!”
Reviewed August 10, 2012

My wife and I went to Cozumel for a 10 day vacation July 31, thru Aug. 9th, 2012. We are avid golfers, playing 2-3 times a week. Had a golf package with our hotel, as charged only for the golf cart - $50 for two - green fees were free. On our first time there, was charged $60 rather than the $50, and Ivan Cueva, the assistant golf pro there, said, I will charge you only $40 tomorrow - even after I corrected him on the fee to be charged before he rang it up. Then he had the gaul to say, and I quote - "You can't bring your water here, as we sell it on the course" - noticing that I had a small cooler with 6 small bottles of water inside. My wife is very sensitive to heat issues, we are 66 years old, and it's 90 degrees, humidity around 85% (early am), and I have to buy his water? There is no drinking water on the course - period. And no bottles of water in the cart to start you off. Ivan really needs a course in customer relations. The same small bottle they sell for $2.00 from the cart lady is .20 cents in town. One day we didn't see the cart lady till the 7th hole.

Played the course 5 times while there. The helpers were more than cordial and nice. Nice course, but bring plenty of balls. Balls in the pro shop - cheapest are $4 US per ball (or a sleeve for $10), and the largest store in town - Mega - sells no golf equipment or balls.
Expensive to play without being on a golf package - was quoted $169 US per player, or $88 before 8am. Only course on the island.

Visited August 2012
1 Thank Cliff39
Marshall, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“Great Golf - Horrible Service”
Reviewed July 24, 2012

Cozumel Golf Club

This is a Jack Nicklaus design and generally kept in good order. I find Jack Nicklaus golf courses are better maintained that Arnold Palmer courses.

The golf course is laid out over a mangrove jungle. The fairways are wide and greens are large. That is the good news.

The golf course is not easy to play because any ball not in the fairway, or short rough, is a lost ball. Snakes, crocodile, iguanas and wild bore still inhabit this modified jungle. So misdirected golf balls are simply best left to the elements.

The employees, Manager and Golf Pro, seem molested by one’s presence, so do not expect a pleasing or warm reception. They prefer to stow await in air-conditioned comfort rather than receive your payment, deliver your golf cart, prepare range balls, or even offer a welcomed return have 18 holes in a devastating sun.

I hate those who lack respect for one…as a person, as a guest, as a client. Against my better judgment, I left my clubs on site since it was easier than bringing them back everyday. The result was stolen golf balls and clubs that had been used, or practiced with, in my absence.

If you are thinking of playing elsewhere, or at another golf club…that is not possible, since this is the only golf club in the area.

Visited July 2012
4 Thank Wylie C
CozCClub, General Manager at Cozumel Country Club, responded to this review, July 26, 2012
At Cozumel Country Club all of our staff recognizes the value of every customer and we are disappointed and apologize for not delivering a quality experience in this case. We appreciate the comments, as they help us get better.

We want to assure future guests that their clubs are safe with us. We have been operating for 11 years and we understand the responsibility and trust that each golfer is giving us when they entrust us with their equipment. We have guests who have been coming back for years with no problems and who receive excellent service on every visit.

It is true that we are the only golf course on the Island but we value and respect every golfer who decides to play here and do not take their visit for granted, we want them to return and play again.
Whitmore Lake, Michigan
20 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Skip it , go to playa to play.”
Reviewed July 18, 2012 via mobile

Course is in need of a lot of repair and restoration. Is not worth the price at all. :( the animals and flora is nice but course is in horrible shape. Have played other club corp courses, they would be ashamed of this one if it was in USA

2 Thank spedteacherytown
Milwaukee, WI
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Great place for golf! Bring bug spray!”
Reviewed June 5, 2012

I played Cozumel Country Club on vacation and it turned out to a wonderful experience. I would do it again in a heartbeat. Upon arrival, your clubs are carried to your cart and the girls in the clubhouse are very attentive. They mentioned bugs and offered bug spray but I declined. (if you don't have it with you, buy it, you'll need it!)

I went to the cart and discovered the place was deserted and I was probably the only player heading out. I took my time, one single (looked like a local guy) came up behind me and I let him play through and I still finished in four hours. Very well kept course, though they were setting up for a tournament so that may have something to do with grooming.

Lots of wildlife, though I didn't see any crocodiles, they make sure that you know they're out there. Iguanas everywhere!

After I finished my round, my clubs were whisked off the cart and the attendant cleaned them for me and offered an ice cold towel to cool me off.

If you play golf and go to Cozumel, this golf course is a must play!

Visited May 2012