“Super-Sized & Seriously Sweet - Jump in!!”

Careyitos Advanced Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Come on down to Cozumel for the best drift diving experience on the Island. We depart from the Marina Caleta at 9:00am getting in the water for the first dive around 10:00am. On our dives we avoid other dive groups and concentrate on the pristine areas. We will take you to some of the magnificent wonders of Cozumel National Park and seldom traveled reefs. Our dive program is computer based and allows the divers to manage their air consumption up to 75minutes, including a 3 minute safety stop on a buoy line at 15 feet. Our boat will be there to pick up divers as they finish their dive. The first dive is the deepest. After 90 minutes surface interval at a quiet beach where a delicious fresh mexican lunch buffet style is served, we will be heading to the second dive site, a shallower dive, again for 75 minutes. We return to the dock mid afternoon. Dive Masters are there to assist as needed, find and point out turtles, nurse sharks, eagle rays, splendid toadfish, and other elusive creatures. We are glad to help you improve bouyancy and air consumption, and to make sure you safely ascend to the surface at the end of your dive. Usually there is a dive master in front of the group and one at the end. We are safety conscious but try to be unobtrusive. Divers are expected to be responsible for their own actions and dive profiles. Since 1982 Careyitos Dive Team has always been comitted to Cozumel`s coral reefs and its marine life, taking action and participating in conservation efforts long before designated a National Marine Park. The Team’s proactive and service oriented attitude makes for a comfortable dive experience on the boat and underwater. We offer also free gear care, wash and storage.The Boat Careyitos is a Twin engine 40 foot Bertram refurbished for diving, Covered Deck with plenty of room for gearing up, Sun Deck, Galley & Head, Sink and fresh water Shower. Modern Aluminum Windows and Wind Break Curtains, Large Swim Step with two ladders for easy entry & exit. We can take up to 17 divers but we like a Maximum of 12 Divers. Anchored in the Caleta Harbor which is 3.5 km south of town, local taxi is the best way to get there. Our storage place is conveniently located at the corner of the main building turning right once at the Marina entrance.
St. Petersburg, Florida
54 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 167 helpful votes
“Super-Sized & Seriously Sweet - Jump in!!”
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Another outstanding dive experience with Careyitos Jan 27-29. Captain and Simone remembered me from my last trip in July so that made me feel even more welcomed.

With Careyitos your entire day is like a perfect tropical breeze - from the time you arrive at the boat till the time you leave, you will be treated with respect by accommodating crews who go above and beyond making sure everyone is happy and well-taken care of.

And of course the dives with Simone are always spectacular because, from decades of local diving, he knows all the sites and marine life so well that he can show you some of the most incredible underwater scenes - effortlessly. It really is amazing how he can always spot Turtles/Eagle Rays/Sharks from a distance, as if he'd placed each creature himself in advance so he can just point as we go along. He is so good at what he does - it's almost ridiculous...

Added bonus worth mentioning again is their lunch "Grande." The freshly prepared Guacamole is NOT to be missed. The mouthwatering Mexican buffet served on their custom-made table that "drops down" from the ceiling is simply priceless and unforgettable.

I missed Ricardo this trip as he was taking some time off but the entire crew is such a joy to work with. So glad I found Careyitos on TripAdvisor and I truly feel fortunate to get to dive with such an excellent team of dedicated professionals at Careyitos. I am looking forward to my next Extra-LONG turtle dives (in warmer water) ... you should start packing your gear too!!

1 Thank sydneytheturtle
Simone R, Manager at Careyitos Advanced Divers, responded to this review, February 22, 2013
Dear friend, you make us feel very special and lucky to have customers like you, it has been a great pleasure to have you back onboard with us, congartulations for the eagleray picture.
Hope to see you sometime in the summer in the middle of turtle nesting season April /October.
On behalf of Careyitos Dive Team, thank you very much for your writing such beautiful things about us.

Plover, Wisconsin
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“A new experience of diving”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

I just got back from my second consecutive year of diving with Careyitos. My girlfriend introduced me to my first dive last year with a resort course. I paniced at first and did'nt think it was going to be for me. The divemaster's extreme patience and knowledge helped me get thru that. This year after 16 dives I am certified and have to say it is the most relaxing and enjoyable thing I want to do. I want to thank Ricardo,Simone and my girlfriend Teri for the wonderful experience. We are planning to spend our yearly vacation to see the great people at Careyitos and to keep diving. I know that I still have more to learn about diving and that Ricardo and Simone will make it easy,enjoyable and comfortable to do so.Thanks again and can't wait untill next year.

1 Thank Randy H
You did great improvements in a very short time, it has been a pleasure to have you onboard for 2 consecutive year and we look forward to see you again in 2014!
Thanks on behalf of Careyitos Dive Team.
Arcata, California, United States
“Great time, long dives”
Reviewed January 14, 2013

We had a great experience with Careyitos Advanced Divers again. Simone and Tony were our dive masters and they led beautiful, long dives. They took input on where we wanted to dive and catered the level of diving to the experience level of those on board when choosing dive sites. We usually went to sites with no other divers. On each dive Simone and/or Tony pointed out lots of animals I might have missed. Just like last time I dove with Careyitos I felt like my diving had improved so much by the end of our trip! Yea for 70- 90 minute dives! The boat is clean and comfortable and the included lunch is just what I wanted after a dive.

1 Thank Beatrijs D
Simone R, Manager at Careyitos Advanced Divers, responded to this review, February 6, 2013
Time fly when you are having fun...75 or 90 minutes...sometime does not seems to be enough....thanks for the review, we`ll see you next year!
Careyitos Dive Team.
Des Moines, Iowa
“Excellent Dive Operation”
Reviewed December 24, 2012

Ricardo and Simone are very knowledgable and helped us improve our drift diving performance to increase bottom time. The staff is friendly and helpful. The boat is clean, well organized and spacious. It was a wonderful experience diving with Careyitos and we hope to go back.

Visited August 2012
Thanks alot for your coomments, we will continuously make our best to keep our divers wanting to come back for more exciting diving experience.
Careyitos Dive Team
New York City
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Diving with Careyitos- Exceptional”
Reviewed December 16, 2012

I just came back from my third visit to Cozumel as well as my third time diving with these exceptional guys, Ricardo and Simone. I have been diving since 1996 and have visited Indonesia, PNG, Australia, Red Sea, Saba etc. and I do believe this operation is truly world-class. The boat, large and very comfortable, leaves promptly at 9am from Caleta Harbor. After a dive restricted by your own air consumption/computer, you have a nice long surface interval the highlight of which is lunch! You help yourself to resh guacamole, cold cuts and cheese, fresh rolls, chips, cookies and fresh fruit! After some rest, you have your afternoon dive and return to the harbor in mid-afternoon. What I love about these guys is they watch over you but do not hand-hold unnecessarily. They are knowledgeable, fun and respectful of the fragile environment they work in. Like me, most of their divers are repeat clients and if you dive just one day with them, you will see why. Now I have to save up so I can go back for the fourth time!

Visited December 2012
2 Thank ZeynepNYC
We will look forward to your return, on behalf of Careyitos Dive Team and the crew thak you very much for your kind words, we just love what we do!