“Perfection!”

Careyitos Advanced Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Come on down to Cozumel for the best drift diving experience on the Island. We depart from the Marina Caleta at 9:00am getting in the water for the first dive around 10:00am. On our dives we avoid other dive groups and concentrate on the pristine areas. We will take you to some of the magnificent wonders of Cozumel National Park and seldom traveled reefs. Our dive program is computer based and allows the divers to manage their air consumption up to 75minutes, including a 3 minute safety stop on a buoy line at 15 feet. Our boat will be there to pick up divers as they finish their dive. The first dive is the deepest. After 90 minutes surface interval at a quiet beach where a delicious fresh mexican lunch buffet style is served, we will be heading to the second dive site, a shallower dive, again for 75 minutes. We return to the dock mid afternoon. Dive Masters are there to assist as needed, find and point out turtles, nurse sharks, eagle rays, splendid toadfish, and other elusive creatures. We are glad to help you improve bouyancy and air consumption, and to make sure you safely ascend to the surface at the end of your dive. Usually there is a dive master in front of the group and one at the end. We are safety conscious but try to be unobtrusive. Divers are expected to be responsible for their own actions and dive profiles. Since 1982 Careyitos Dive Team has always been comitted to Cozumel`s coral reefs and its marine life, taking action and participating in conservation efforts long before designated a National Marine Park. The Team’s proactive and service oriented attitude makes for a comfortable dive experience on the boat and underwater. We offer also free gear care, wash and storage.The Boat Careyitos is a Twin engine 40 foot Bertram refurbished for diving, Covered Deck with plenty of room for gearing up, Sun Deck, Galley & Head, Sink and fresh water Shower. Modern Aluminum Windows and Wind Break Curtains, Large Swim Step with two ladders for easy entry & exit. We can take up to 17 divers but we like a Maximum of 12 Divers. Anchored in the Caleta Harbor which is 3.5 km south of town, local taxi is the best way to get there. Our storage place is conveniently located at the corner of the main building turning right once at the Marina entrance.
Reviewed October 25, 2012

Can't tell you how wonderful it is to be on The Careyitos! I have been diving with Ricardo and his crew for many years. It is always a fabulous perfect vacation. They keep me completely safe so that I can be a confident (and adventurous) diver.

Simone R, Manager at Careyitos Advanced Divers, responded to this reviewResponded November 1, 2012

Thank you for reminding us that how lucky we are... "we have the best job in the world!"
We wish to keep sharing Cozumel´s Reefs with all our divers friend for many more years.

Careyitos Dive Team.

"hose"
"buoyancy"
in 4 reviews

Reviewed October 16, 2012

These guys were great to dive with! Friendly, professional and some beautiful long (70-75 minutes) dives. There's a lot to see and Simone and company cared to make sure we saw as much as possible. The boat was great, the group was small (4 people) with two dive masters and the equipment I rented was first rate. I'm very happy with Careyitos and definitely recommend them to divers in Cozumel!

Dear diver friend, we are glad to know from you and we will look forward to diving with you again sometime soon.
Thanks on behalf of Careyitos Dive Team.

Reviewed September 9, 2012

I was already a certified diver, but Simone taught me how to really dive. I always have an exceptional experience. Diving with other operations in different parts of the world has left me longing to return to the Careyitos. Few dive outfits have allowed me the 70-80 minute bottom times I experience with Ricardo and Simone. The homemade guacamole at lunch is to die for. Assorted meats, fresh fruit and maybe a stash of cookies all make for a wonderful lunch. The short siesta before our second dive is an added bonus.

This is truly a five star dive operation. You need look no further, these are the professionals who will show you the best part of Cozumel.

Thanks guys for always delivering the best. Writing this has made me homesick for Cozumel. Hope to see you soon.

Simone R, Manager at Careyitos Advanced Divers, responded to this reviewResponded September 13, 2012

Jasper, bottom time improves real fast when one masterize breathing control....by the way summer 2012 has been a fantastic sea turtle season, I finally got the shots of baby green turtle hatching and running to dive into the sea for the very first time!
On behalf of the Careyitos Dive Team, thanks for sharing your experience with us, see you soon.

Reviewed July 26, 2012

What a fabulous operation they have!!
I wish I was still in Cozumel diving everyday...

When I didn't receive e-mail response over 24hrs and was told my first e-mail probably went to junk mail after my 2nd e-mail I was a bit concerned, BUT Ricardo & Simone run such solid dive operations together and I'm so glad I didn't give up and go with other dive operator.

The best part is that you can stay in the water VERY LONG.
If you are good with air consumption and don't go into 'deco' you are not forced to go up.
Both Ricardo & Simone are like Energizer Bunny - they can keep going and going and so can you. I was in Cozumel for 3 nights so I only had 2 days to dive, but we were able to do 90min dive both days - my longest dive ever!!

The next best part is, like others said, the FULL Lunch they serve. Most dive operators usually have drink & some kind of snack onboard but nothing like this. Their custom-made wooden table drops from the ceiling and there they serve delicious Mexican feast - buffet style! Fresh Guacamole, salsa, beans, meat, cheese, tuna fish, bread, tortilla, fresh fruits, cookies, chips etc.

Cheers to Careyitos Advanced Divers - Thank you for EXCELLENT dives!
Will be back to see those turtles again.

We feel honored to be able to receive such great feed back from you and look forward to dive with you again sometime soon.
Careyitos Dive Team.