“Love the Careyitos!!!”

Careyitos Advanced Divers
More attraction details
Owner description: Come on down to Cozumel for the best drift diving experience on the Island. We depart from the Marina Caleta at 9:00am getting in the water for the first dive around 10:00am. On our dives we avoid other dive groups and concentrate on the pristine areas. We will take you to some of the magnificent wonders of Cozumel National Park and seldom traveled reefs. Our dive program is computer based and allows the divers to manage their air consumption up to 75minutes, including a 3 minute safety stop on a buoy line at 15 feet. Our boat will be there to pick up divers as they finish their dive. The first dive is the deepest. After 90 minutes surface interval at a quiet beach where a delicious fresh mexican lunch buffet style is served, we will be heading to the second dive site, a shallower dive, again for 75 minutes. We return to the dock mid afternoon. Dive Masters are there to assist as needed, find and point out turtles, nurse sharks, eagle rays, splendid toadfish, and other elusive creatures. We are glad to help you improve bouyancy and air consumption, and to make sure you safely ascend to the surface at the end of your dive. Usually there is a dive master in front of the group and one at the end. We are safety conscious but try to be unobtrusive. Divers are expected to be responsible for their own actions and dive profiles. Since 1982 Careyitos Dive Team has always been comitted to Cozumel`s coral reefs and its marine life, taking action and participating in conservation efforts long before designated a National Marine Park. The Team’s proactive and service oriented attitude makes for a comfortable dive experience on the boat and underwater. We offer also free gear care, wash and storage.The Boat Careyitos is a Twin engine 40 foot Bertram refurbished for diving, Covered Deck with plenty of room for gearing up, Sun Deck, Galley & Head, Sink and fresh water Shower. Modern Aluminum Windows and Wind Break Curtains, Large Swim Step with two ladders for easy entry & exit. We can take up to 17 divers but we like a Maximum of 12 Divers. Anchored in the Caleta Harbor which is 3.5 km south of town, local taxi is the best way to get there. Our storage place is conveniently located at the corner of the main building turning right once at the Marina entrance.
Reviewed May 8, 2012

Another super great week of diving on the "Careyitos" they are the BEST. I am so comfortable diving with the Advanced Divers team. They are so knowledgeable and carefull, they make every dive better then the last. Thanks to the whole crew.

Management response:Responded June 27, 2012

Kevin, it was fun as always to have you and the "Chicas malas" onboard the Careyitos...see you next year for another week of high voltage drift diving!!

There are newer reviews for Careyitos Advanced Divers

Reviewed April 25, 2012

Just back from another great dive trip to Cozumel. I can't stress how great the Careyitos is...TRUST ME! My friends, family, and I have been diving in Cozumel for years. My 80 year old grandmother is still diving and will not go on any boat but the Careyitos or the Anita while in Cozumel. Jaime Mezo is our favorite dive master, but Tony Perez, Cielo, and Simone are all a close second. Don't waste your time with any other dive operator that will treat you like a bunch of cattle and make you surface after 45 minutes. Get the personal treatment and expertise from the crews on either of these boats. The lunch on the boat is something I always look forward to as well!

Reviewed April 25, 2012

If you are truly looking for a consistently good experience DIVING IN COZUMEL we cannot say enough about ADVANCED DIVERS on the CAREYITOS. We are veteran recreational divers who yes have been fortunate enough to see many of the world's great and famous dives sites and might even be labeled close to addicts in some Pacific locations... YET... every year we MUST and do return to COZUMEL to dive for a few weeks on the CAREYITOS. This boat and crew offers something you cannot find in many places. That is experience, ability to share, teach and find on every dive SOMETHING we can enjoy and learn from. Enthusiasm can only be caught not taught so be prepared to meet the enthusiasm of these fine aquaphiles.

Now this is not one of those silly fast boats where while already being suited up in your wetsuit you are bounced, jarred along, splashed , sun baked or frozen till you reach the site of the day... and then rushed back so they may take out another group. No, this is a comfortable, camera friendly, multi-level ability, even paced large boat which leaves at 9 AM and returns anywhere between 2:30PM and 3:30PM. There are 2 long dives and a lunch with a generous and appropriate surface time between dives.

With always 2 dive masters in the water, one leading and one in the rear, every diver has the LUXURY of staying down as long as your computer and air allows. Generally most choose 65-80 minutes then go up SAFELY. If you are diving for a few days, this boat also offers to store your equipment and have it on the boat the next day all rinsed and ready for another day of diving. And this service also involves the careful treatment and respect for your equipment. Ricardo Madrigal, Simone Rossini and Ceilo Hall have never disappointed us in the 18 years we have returned to see what the waters offer that day. Most of the divers we meet on this boat are also repeat clients.... and that should say it all!

1  Thank claudiarosed
Reviewed April 12, 2012

My family just returned from our vacation in Cozumel. After Wilma we looked for a new dive operator as we were tired of the cattle boats and short dive times. My husband and I are experienced divers and won't dive with any one else in Cozumel after diving with Advanced Divers. There are many many dives where I have been able to dive for 100 minutes. As they say "If you have air, we have time." During our last visit in April of 2012, we brought the whole family. We had two divers who were just certified last year, one getting certified this trip and two Discovery Scuba with our other five certified divers. They gave us each a wonderful experience. All felt safe and extremely well treated. Cielo, Simone, Ricardo and the entire crew make sure we get an unforgettable experience. Each of us did. We will be back again and again.

2  Thank DiverJaneVV
Reviewed March 19, 2012

Just finished another great trip with Advanced Divers (Careyitos Dive Team). The entire crew makes every effort to make you dives as enjoyable as possible. They will not put you in the water on top of other dive groups as so many of the operations do here in Cozumel. We had multiple dive masters on every dive, which allowed those of us that could to use our entire tank within the safety limits of our computers. I know that every dive operation in Cozumel can spot the different critters on the reefs at any time but the Careyitos Team found us all three turtle species one day. We found and photographed Turtles every day and Eagle Rays on 4 of the 7 days I was with them this past week. I could not be more happy with this trip and I here complaints about currents, lack of things to see and all sorts of other things from other divers I meet at meals and in the hotel. What it means to me is that this team works to make you vacation dives the best and that separates them from most of the other dive operations. I am posting a few of the hundreds of photos I took this past week. I highly recommend using this operation.

1  Thank fishpicturesbybob
Simone R, Manager at Careyitos Advanced Divers, responded to this reviewResponded April 17, 2012

Bob, the great logger head pictures are just fantastic, is always fun to dive with underwater photographers like youself, thanks on behalf of the Careyitos Dive Team. We are looking forward to see you and Scott in July 2012.