“5 Days of great dives!”
Review of Del Mar Aquatics

Del Mar Aquatics
Ranked #5 of 44 Shopping in Cozumel
More attraction details
Owner description: A fast fleet of diving ships, well-equipped with diving equipment and knowledgeable and friendly guides.
Reviewed August 13, 2011

Nice large dive boat and not too much of the cattle dive feel! I usually prefer a small dive boat w/just my groupso we control the dive sites but Del Mar Aquatics tookus toall the ones we requested over the 5 days. Juan, Gabriel and Mario were all good but there were 4 new divers on the boat and often there were 10 divers to a dive master and not too much attention to the new divers. We did have a great time and I took many photos of fish not seen before. All great dives. I just think 6 to a dive Master is a safer approach when new divers are going though several swim thrus.

2  Thank GolfDiveTravelGirl
There are newer reviews for Del Mar Aquatics

Reviewed June 28, 2011

My family and I planned a dive vacation to Cozumel, Mexico. We stayed at the Casa del Mar Resort which has Del Mar Aquatics on premises. I had made reservations for all our dives to be with this shop. Our first day of diving, we went down to the shop just to be told that the ports were closed because of high winds/seas. Since you can't argue with Mother Nature, we decided to take a tour of the island and the Mayan ruins. Jorhey was a wonderful tour guide and even told us another dive operator we could contact if we encountered the same problem. Lucky for us we listen to Jorhey because the next day was the same story from the dive Del Mar Aquatics. I case you're wondering where I'm going with this, we encountered the same story for the 4 days we were supposed to dive with this shop! We NEVER did dive with this operation and they never offered us any alternatives (alternate location, night dive, etc.); I didn't get the impression that they were too interested in our business. Obviously there was no charge and we ended up going with 3 other dive shops (see other reviews) and got to see different areas than we had originally planned, but I found it incredibly frustrating that they weren't willing too offer more help.

3  Thank caligirl1967
Reviewed April 20, 2011

Alex and his team are great. From the first moment I met them I knew it was the right choice to dive with this outfit. Juan was great! Did the Drift Diving Certication class while there. It was very cool. The boat crew was awsome! Would definetely dive with DMA again and again.

Reviewed March 27, 2011

We had a large party, so we had the entire boat. The Captain did a great job of picking up the divers fast and the first mate did a great job helping everyone with equipment & spoting divers etc. The dive masters Wan, Mario & Guerdo did a great job! Cezar took the most fantastic dive video of everyone!! Top notch outfit!!!

Reviewed March 21, 2011

Very professional set up. Juan was an excellent instructor who was both thorough and clear when teaching the PADI open water dive certification. At no stage did I feel rushed or stressed when learning either above, or below water.
Highly recommend obtaining certification with Del Mar Aquatics. Will definitely be planning on going on a boat dive with them when I go back to Cozumel.