“One of the best experiences I've ever had!!!!”

Atlantis Submarines
and up
Cozumel Shore Excursion: Atlantis Submarine Adventure
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Take a trip on a real submarine through an underwater world of coral reefs, colorful fish and ship wrecks.
Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

How many people can say that they've been on a trip on a submarine in the beautiful Caribbean ocean? (well besides the navy and the fictional stingray puppets!) my fiancé convinced me to do this trip even though I'm terrified of deep water and all that swims about in it! It has always been on his bucket list to go on a real submarine so how could I say no??? I do not regret one second of it! The safety aspects of this trip alone put your mind at ease instantly! The views of the reefs were absolutely breathtaking and even with my fear of open water I enjoyed the whole adventure 100% I didn't even flinch when we saw a nurse shark resting at the edge of the reef. Paul our guide was so great, he completely impressed me with his knowledge of the reef and the surrounding area not to mention his charming and friendly personality. He genuinely made me feel at ease throughout the whole trip! I will definitely be looking to try this out again perhaps in Hawaii next!!!!!

Lumen62, Director of Sales at Atlantis Submarines, responded to this reviewResponded April 30, 2013

You are correct, less than 1% of the earth habitants have been in a Submarine and could share this experience. We love to hear our guests enjoy the Tour and that in some cases we even help to defeat some fears. If going to Hawaii you should try the tour there it is a completely different scenario therefore a different Experience. Paul, would love to read your comments.

There are newer reviews for Atlantis Submarines

Reviewed April 12, 2013

We were not sure if we would like this... 2 kids plus my 78 year old mother. The waves were pretty choppy and we were nervous about the transfer from the boat to the sub - but we should not have been! It was very easy and so enjoyable! We saw a sea turtle, shark and many fish. The sub glided through the coral and we were amazed by the true beauty below the sea. This was such a great way to enjoy the reef - well worth the price. Thank you to the crew!

1  Thank Jane H
Reviewed April 9, 2013

For myself this is the only way I was going to get near a reef as I don't know how to swim. Even though we did not see a huge amount of colored fish we did see the reef and some fish. The crew were super and spoke great English. Our daughters enjoyed trying to match the fish we did see to ones on the cards near each porthole window. We as a family enjoyed it and it is not everyday that you can say you went for a dive in a submarine.

1  Thank newfiegirl42
Reviewed March 31, 2013

Took this tour in mid late March. There were too many fish to count and the guides and crew were excellent. They were both informative and funny. Everyone spoke English as good as in the states and my kids enjoyed having the cards with the fish names near the windows so they could determine the names of the fish that they were seeing. The booze at the end was a nice touch.

I get a kick out of the reviews complaining that all they saw was a bunch of fish... What exactly did you people expect to see down there? Check out my picture. Those were not forced smiles on my kid's faces.

Reviewed March 21, 2013

unique excursion, each person has their own port hole, submarine cruised along the coral reef at first 40 feet, then just below 100 feet, great view of life in the reef. Didn't see anything extreme, but saw lots of different types of coral, a giant lobster, lots of different fish, in all a worthwile and educational trip.

Lumen62, Director of Sales at Atlantis Submarines, responded to this reviewResponded March 24, 2013

Janet

Thanks for your comments, always motivating heard our guests enjoy the tour.