The pool is NOT 'tiny' it's adequate for the size of the hotel. The food is NOT 'mediocre'...it's very good. We ate the coconut ice cream everyday...and enjoyed fajitas, grilled fish, tampiqueno steak, shrimp cocktail, beautiful and delicious fruit platters etc. etc. Breakfast is sometimes a buffet or partial buffet depending on how busy the hotel is...there's always somebody to make you a fresh omelette w/ the filling of your choice.
If the previous reviewer had researched properly and looked at photos they would know that the manmade beach area is small. We had a car to go elsewhere when we wanted. You can still enjoy sunsets from Casa Del Mar and relax in a hammock.
This was our 2nd visit and we chose to get 2 cabanas and the 'penthouse' this year.... and they were lovely. Very spacious and decorated so nice! Last year we had a standard room and while it was O.K. the bathroom was tiny and water pressure pretty bad.
This hotel is small...which is what we like. Caters to divers...so it's usually quiet. Grounds are so pretty and well kept. Rooms are very clean...A/C ice cold. ALL staff were very kind and nice and we tipped accordingly.
If a person was looking for a resort/hotel w/ a great view, not near the cruise ship pier, wants more than one bar/restaurant and more than one pool...this place is not for you....but we LOVE it!! And we aren't even divers!!!
There is some road noise if your room is near the front of the hotel...we are early risers so it didn't bother us...take ear plugs.
We like that Casa Del Mar is not too far from town or the southern beach clubs.
We'll be back...you should try this place!!
Thanks to all at CDM.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Hotel Casa del Mar Cozumel is a charming Mexican hideaway facing the magnificent Caribbean Sea. Situated across the main boulevard with 98 comfortable rooms and eight recently restored Deluxe Cabanas, the property is surrounded by beautiful and exotic garden area with a Mexican town feeling. Casa del Mar Cozumel is located two and a half miles south of downtown, less than five minutes away from the famous "Paraiso" reef. Our hotel is ideal for vacation, business, honeymooners and divers. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Travelocity, Orbitz, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Casa del Mar Cozumel Hotel & Dive Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Casa Del Mar Hotel Cozumel
- Casa Del Mar Cozumel
- Casa Del Mar Resort Cozumel