Casa del Mar Cozumel Hotel & Dive Resort
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
  • Pool
  • Pool
View Hotel
Hotel Cozumel and Resort(Cozumel)
Scuba Club Cozumel(Cozumel)
Cozumel Palace(Cozumel)
Safari Inn(Cozumel)
  • Beachfront
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsswim up barnice poolrooms are cleandive resortair conditionerstaying at this hotelbeach arearestaurant staffocean viewcruise shiptowel animalsplenty of lounge chairsscuba geareach eveningtennis courtsper dayplenty of hot water
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 5, 2008

just got back from cozumel, mexico and a wonderful stay at the hotel casa del mar. what a great little hotel. the only problem we had all week was our flight into cozumel. the was mechanical problems and they couldn't get another plane in for us in time (cozumel has a curfew and the airport closes down). besides that, the trip was perfect.
i do not recommend this hotel for people who do 5 & 6 stars all inclusive. you will not be happy. if, on the other hand, you want your basic amenities, this is it. food was good. breakfast was all most the same with a new item every day or so. the menu is two pages and doesn't change. we got little snacks off it and were satisified. the staff was great, by the second day the waiters new us by name. HOLA!!!!!! ANTONIO!!!! i do not recommend doing an all inclusive here, unless you don't mind the same menu.
we booked this trip with a standard room, when we got there they showed us the room plus a few others. i suggest upgrading out of the standard. standard is 2 full size beds(i believe) a window view and shower area. we upgraded to a balcony room (100.00US extra well worth it) had a nice view of the pool and the sea. sunsets weren't that great because of the cruise ships in blocking the view, but not the hotels fault.
i've read some reviews about the shower water not being warm. i must say, we had HOT water all week.
yes the hotels beach is small, but your on an island, EXPLORE!!!! there are beaches EVERYWHERE!!!!!!!!!
all in all this was a great place to stay and we will most likely be back next year.
gracias!!!!!!
if we don't stay there we will at least go back for a meal!!!!

• Stayed: January 2008, traveled as a couple
7  Thank nwindianatravelers
Reviewed January 21, 2008

Our Family and Dive group has been staying at Casa Del Mar for the last fifteen years, i recently discovered this sight and want to let everyone know from our past experiences at staying in Cozumel. Check in has alwasy been quick and efficient, accomidations are always taken care of with complete satisfaction. The Manager is always helpful with our dive groups and they are always taken care of, the staff for most part have been there for years and have always remembered me and my family along with the divers that attend with us. The staff is always friendly and courtious. Rooms are always cleaned every day and you can trust the maids , there is always hotel security walking the grounds at night and the grounds are lit appropriatly, you always feel safe and comfortable.
Casa Del Mar has a pool with a swim up bar, Hot tub and a good restaurant, service is as good as it can be in Mexico. The Hotel also provides you with a private beach club with a restaurant, pool and hot tub along with a fantastic beach.
We dive with Del Mar Aquatics and book directly with the dive shop and I highly recommend this dive shop for courtisy and safty, they have even supplied us with extra dive masters when we have some elderly divers aboard. I cannot say more for a shop that takes care of their clients as well as they do at Del Mar Aquatics.
we are looking forward to our next trip in Feb of this year, taking 20 divers with us ...

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family
7  Thank MN_Deep_Diver1
Reviewed January 14, 2008

We stayed at the Casa from 28 Dec - 05 Jan 08. Our plan was to dive for five days, and when we're diving we don't look for luxury in a hotel. Casa del Mar is not luxurious, but it is clean, the staff helpful, the food average.

We booked our diving through the hotel with Del Mar Aquatics, which is right across the road using the bridge. Del Mar was GREAT! Unfortunately the weather didn't cooperate as much, so we missed two days of diving, which the hotel refunded.

We chose to do the all-inclusive for an additional $35 per person per day. By the end of the week, we'd tried what we wanted off the menu twice... They could use adding perhaps a special or two a day just to change things up for those staying for more than a weekend. Breakfast every morning was a buffet, with a wonderful Mayan woman cooking omlettes and eggs to order. Otherwise it was a little bare. The coffee is instant and not impressive. I wouldn't recommend the AI - it's only a $5 taxi ride to town to many very good restaurants (Casa Mission is great, along with the Wynston Prima II)

Our room was a standard room on the first floor. Every day there was a new towel animal on our bed - a wonderful touch. The room was cleaned thoroughly every day. The bed was firm (which we really like). We could easily leave the room through the patio door which locked behind us. There were hooks on the patio for us to hang up dive gear to dry.

There is a computer in the lobby with an Internet connection, but it is quite busy. You can access the wireless network with your own equipment in the lobby though.

While there, we also spent a day at the Beach Club. It's quite appropriate, but make sure to make your transportation reservation early!

I'd recommend this hotel for an inexpensive trip - a place to sleep for your dive trip. I'd highly recommend Del Mar Aquatics.

• Stayed: December 2007, traveled as a couple
10  Thank Marswell
Reviewed November 14, 2007

Arrived at Casa Del Mar and looked forward to my long needed vacation. Well it was more like my misadventures at Casa Del Mar.

Arrived with another couple and we were told that we would have ocean view rooms. Well that wouldn't happen only if we paid an addtional $120.00 bucks. Did provide a credit card and I did get a room with a balcony that faced into a bunch of palm trees, but the room did have a kingsize bed and was on the corner of the building so it was quite large and cozy, so I opted to just stay in it as it was on the 2nd floor and our friends had to be on the 3rd floor due to the hotel being so busy. (slow season)

Well to start off most of the staff was wonderful. The front desk staff was a mess. I knew I was in trouble when I asked for a piece of paper to write on and the girl gave me the whole list of the hotel guests and their confidential information, which I did try to give back to her, but she said it wasn't a problem. That is how I know that hotel was not busy.

Well then I ended up with sand fleas in my bed. Well I must say it is not very romantic.

When we went to happy hour, they decided to change it on a moments notice, even after it was pointed out to them on the sign that we were there at the correct time and that we had been coming there at the same time for 3 days. Well they changed the sign right then and there and told us happy hour was over.
I boycotted drinking anything from the bar after that for the rest of my trip.

Well then the air-conditioner broke is our room. The desk told me they fixed it and the hotel maintenance said it would have to wait till tomorrow. Well they did offer me 4 or 5 different rooms in the hotel that were musty and very dirty and small and that I would have to leave my belongings in the other room and come back and forth to get personal items. Well thats when I lost it, it was now midnight and all I wanted to do was go to bed. I told them I was paying $120 bucks for an oceanview room and now I didn't even have a room that I could sleep in. Well finally they showed me a beautiful room on the 3rd floor with an oceanview and that I could stay there for the rest of my stay which was now 4 days left. Why couldn't we have done that 2 hours prior or even on the first day and all would have been well.

I did enjoy my new room. It was lovely inside. They left towel animals and it was very clean. It was a welcoming surprised.

Well then they decided that the rooms around me had to have the doors all sanded and stained, well between the noise and the smell, I try to put on a smile, stuck a towel at the door and sat out on the balcony to enjoy the terrific view.

The location of the hotel was excellent and the view was fantastic, but I will never stay at this hotel again.

It is just ashame as this hotel does have lots of potential, but they just didn't seem to care.

They did take off $20.00 off my bill for my headaches but that is only a drop in the bucket, to all that I experienced.

• Stayed: October 2007, traveled as a couple
8  Thank CharCharV
Reviewed November 12, 2007

Had a great time again in Cozumel. Have stayed at this hotel a couple times before and have always had a great time. We did the AI again this time, did not book it ahead of time decided when we got there, paid the day we arrived. It was $35/night, which I felt was a good price for all the food and drink you wanted. We had a first floor room which was clean, the maids were great and made towel animals every day. The waiters were all very friendly but in the restaurant and by the pool. Then front desk help was also very friendly. Will hopefully be back in March again.
We dove with Del Mar Aquatics and they were great as always.

• Stayed: March 2007, traveled with family