6,513 results
All reviews north tower fish la veranda new tower indoor restaurant order off the menu fancy restaurant reservation restaurant sit down restaurant ocean view fajitas make reservations buffet food dress code snack bar dive shop mexican night
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

We had a great time and were very satisfied with our stay. All the staff was so friendly and kind. We will definitely be going back again next winter. Very simple to grab a taxi and head downtown for shopping.

2  Thank deneenn2020
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

First .. the pros , this resort is very close to the airport and to town (lots to see and do , very safe , lots of fun bars/ bands )
The staff are so attentive!!, everyone from the front desk lady to all the waiters and bartenders , even the grounds keepers were super friendly , couldn’t have asked for better !!!
Hotel was older , but clean and the elevators worked great and were fast.
Food was good , always lots to choose from and the drinks were delicious!

Cons .... THE MUSIC !!!!... the main pool played 2 DIFFERENT types of music all week. You basically had to be sitting on one speaker to not hear the music from the other side of the pool. It was ridiculous and by the end of the week I felt like I was going mental. The most ironic part is there is a second pool with absolutely no music at all ... all or-nothing I guess.
The beach was very small , very rocky and very choppy.
Also right next door there is an abandoned hotel ,, my husband and I on a walk through it and discovered an alligator!!!... trapped in the old pool. Enough water for him to survive but not enough for him to get out ! Idk how this hasn’t been addressed .. with unknowing tourist so close by it could very quickly turn into a bad situation !

All in all we had an amazing trip , thanks to the staff!!

4  Thank 1983mellissa
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

We all smelled something bad in room. Kept doors open Then one night had to keep doors closed because of weather. Woke up, did not feel good. Confused. Ended up being carbon monoxide poisoning, had to go to hospital in Cozumel. PLEASE do not stay there, we don't want to hear about your death on the news. Black mold in A/C ducts with standing water in ducts. With that air being blown all over hotel. Worst vacation ever, terrible food, too. Staff was great, I am concerned for the staff's safety along with future guests. Like I said, this is for real, this place is a DEATH TRAP!!!

3  Thank C5427TRpaulg
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

My fiancé and I are just returning home from a weeks stay here. After reading bad reviews for 2 weeks before we left for our trip, I was very nervous to say the least.
To our surprise, the resort was amazing. Of course there were some cons, actually I wouldn’t even call them that, more so just areas for improvement!
We asked for a room on a higher floor as I don’t like the noise of lower floors, and we were pleasantly upgraded to an ocean view FOR FREE- THANKS AGAIN! Although basically every room is an ocean view, it was nice to be on the top floor!
-They charge $35 US at check in as a “resort fee” which I don’t think is overly fair or needed. If the resort truly needs more money to keep up with things then that should be included in the trip price.
- There are no fridges in the room, I personally haven’t been to a resort where there wasn’t one, so that was odd but not too big of a deal.
- 1 bottle of water per day per room (which again I’ve never experienced anywhere else), but they have water stations everywhere throughout the resort, so it didn’t bother us at all as we just took cups from downstairs up to our room & we also brought our own bottles.
- Most of the staff are extremely pleasant and friendly. Staff walking through the beach & along the poolside to take peoples drink orders was awesome.
- Food was surprisingly good. DO NOT listen to other people’s reviews who say it’s anything less than decent. If you go down south with expectations of eating at a steakhouse every night, you’ll be disappointed. We personally found the food not only edible, but good. Their “Custom Station” as I will call it, where they do omelettes in the morning, tacos in the aft/Eve are very good, however most of the staff that work these are painfully slow. There would be an entire grill empty, but the cook would only put 2 people’s orders on at a time. I did not understand this and therefore there were often line ups here, but worth the wait for me! *please encourage staff to work more briskly at this station.
The buffet is certainly smaller than most resorts I’ve been to, but nonetheless a large variety of foods. We didn’t have ANY stomach issues at all. We are mindful of what we eat and how long things have been out, but we don’t restrict ourselves completely. Just be careful & use your head and you’ll be fine! You can also order off the menu at the buffet!
The a La carte was excellent! Highly recommend this. We didn’t have to get up at the crack of dawn and wait in line, one day we booked it at 3pm and we were still able to get a seat. Great food and service in there.
- As I’ve seen lots of others complain about, our room was beautiful with no problems with hot water or rusty water or mould or anything like that. Beds are firm but not impossible.
- the beach area is small but we never had to reserve or fight for chairs or a cabana, there were plenty to choose from. The snorkelling off the beach is awesome, we saw 4 stingrays and tons and tons of cool fish. Sometimes the waves stir the water up a bit, but most days it was great snorkelling. Swimming is limited but there are still spots to swim. Entrance to the beach is rocky, you may want water shoes. We went without & were fine, however kids and older people may find them easier to get into the water.
- Pools were nice and kept very clean (again no idea what people are talking about in previous reviews when they say filthy pools). The only downside is they are VERY cold. Passed the point of refreshing. * a heater of some sort would be a good investment. You hardly ever saw people swimming in the pools, likely for this reason.
- The drinks are VERY good. Our favourite was strawberry banana daqauri- they use real bananas and it was soooo good! A definite must try. (Once again, it truly frustrates me that some people say the drinks are horrible, or the last review that they taste like soap) the drinks are excellent. We had no complaints there. Very good & we had a large variety.
The resort was very quiet. There was night entertainment only one night throughout our week. Again, I haven’t seen that at a resort before. I understand numbers may be low, but there should be something at least twice a week. Not truly a whole lot to do after dinner time.
- Downtown feels more than safe. Most of the people are cruise shippers so it’s quite busy. We felt very safe taking taxis and walking downtown. The shops are nice and interesting and some are different than most other Caribbean towns.

All in all, our vacation was very relaxing. Clean room with a beautiful view. Good food. Good service. Good location (10 mins from the airport). Great weather. We would return here & would recommend it to others !
*** when reading bad reviews, keep in mind people’s expectations. We overheard some people whining about the STUPIDEST things it irritated me (paint chips missing from the pool- seriously?!) But if you’re looking for a great location, good food & a relaxing and clean resort- El Coz is your place!

7  Thank Jadenbates
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Really great place, the hotel is beautiful and the site gives us the chance to do many little activities like mini-golf, tennis, ping pong etc. The food is ok, but no more, there is not a big variety of food. For the animation, it's great! There are different activities that we can do at each hour during the day. Thank you to Roger who is really nice and funny, he does a great animation! If you want to have some fun, he's the man!

Trip type: Traveled with family