“Awesome place.”

El Cozumeleno Beach Resort
Ranked #21 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
Reviewed March 24, 2014

This was a beautiful place! The people here are amazing, the pool is great and there are a lot of fun things to do! We wanted a resort with a mixture of snorkeling and beach, and that is what we got! Right out front is a beautiful place to snorkel and just to the right are beautiful beaches! In the mornings we would take a walk along the beaches early in the morning. I highly suggest walking along the beaches, and when you are ready to turn around, go a little further. There are so many awesome things to look at and see! When we were here, the rooms got messed up so we got upgraded to the penthouse suite. This room was incredible! So beautiful. Overall, this resort has some amazing scenery surrounding it. Such a great place!

The workers here were amazing! One of the Activity Guys, named Jair, is a great guy! He was extremely nice and very knowledgeable. He would always come talk to my group and I to see how we were liking our stay. I highly suggest participating in the activities that he is in charge of! Jair also put on a Spanish class that was extremely helpful! He is a great guy and an extremely hard worker! Keep it up Jair!
Another person that I suggest meeting is one of the bartenders. His name is Aaron. Ask for Aaron and he will take care of you and your group. He was extremely timely and was a crazy hard worker! Keep it up Aaron!

The only downside is that you get sick of the food, but I feel that this happens at any resort you go to. They did have a good selection of food, but for the most part the selection was the same day to day.

Overall, this was a very great family vacation! I suggest going here. Remember, ask to see Jair and Aaron!

Room Tip: The penthouse was amazing!
1  Thank Tyler M
There are newer reviews for El Cozumeleno Beach Resort

Reviewed March 24, 2014

The property was great for what we went to Mexico for, the weather and the ocean. The resort has a very fun water front. Beautiful pools and the best snorkeling I have ever experienced at a resort. The rooms were very nice, very roomy, but somewhat "dated". The resort was well kept and in a very nice location. Unfortunately we were there at a peak week when they were overbooked. This was our second trip to El Coz and it was noticeable on this trip that the staff could not keep up with the number of guests. Buffet trays were constantly empty, there were a shortage of beach towels and it was very difficult to get dinning at the ala cart restaurant at a desirable time. If management stepped up and addressed some of these issues would most likely return, but until then I think we will look elsewhere.

Room Tip: Book an ocean view room on the third floor or high in the south tower.
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We really liked El Cozumeleno Resort. The food at the pool buffet was average but the restaurant that required reservations was fabulous. We really enjoyed the themed dinners and activities. The Mexican dancers and music along with the outdoor buffet was a great night. As was the ballroom band and dance buffet. For those that complained about the limited food selections, I wonder if they used the à la carte option at the buffet restaurant. The quality and selection were much better and was included in the all inclusive. You just had to pick up a menu and the waiter served you almost immediately.
I thought the service was top notch also. Everyone was friendly and super attentive. Bartenders would mix up almost anything and would give you doubles upon request. I liked that things shut down kinda early since we have kids. People got a little crazy during the day but everything died down around ten. The accommodations were nothing fancy but it was clean and well kept. We would highly recommend to others.

Room Tip: People get up really early. Avoid the first floors by the pools. Make a reservation for late Veranda...
Reviewed March 23, 2014

We had a great time at El Cozumeleno. There were lots of activities and fun pools. The staff were very pleasant. There was very limited seating with shade on the beach. My husband got up at 5:30 every morning to insure we had a spot for the day. Food was average to poor. Breakfasts were good and we ordered off of the menu for most lunches. Dinner was very disappointing with limited selection and poor quality.

Room Tip: Avoid ground floor-very noisy.
  • Stayed: March 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed March 23, 2014

Good Value however there were some things to be aware of. Room has no fridge or good tv. Bring some containers for room beverages. Our room a/c was very noisy, turned off at night for sleeping, worked well. Beds were really firm almost too much. Beach Is great, good snorkeling right out front of hotel. Great view of the cruise ships coming and going. Played golf at the Country Club, good golfing watch out for he Gators! Food was average, the upgraded restaurant was average. Good people working there, special thanks to Jair for making our stay a pleasure.

Room Tip: Stay on the beach side better views.
Reviewed March 22, 2014

Wonderful resort for families with kids. Lots to do and beautiful water to snorkel and swim in. The variety of food was good both in the buffet area and dinning room, no complaints, we could always find something we liked. The staff was very nice and friendly. The rooms had wonderful views but on the down side they were a little dated and the beds and pillows were hard as rocks. I would suggest bringing your own pillow. The internet was spotty at best and could only be used in the lobby sitting area. I didn't mind this because it actually got my kids off their iPads to play and explore versus sitting in front of a screen. I would also recommend renting a car through your vacation package before you get to the resort, much cheaper. I would definitely come back and stay again!!!

Room Tip: Beds on the North side were good sized, great views, but dated and the beds and pillows were like sl...
1  Thank jen h
Reviewed March 22, 2014

First time to Cozumel; 8th trip to Mexico. 1. OVERALL - AVERAGE to VERY GOOD. We were satisfied with experience at the Cozumeleno. 2. LOCATION - EXCELLENT, away from all the hustle and bustle; approx 3 miles from downtown San Miguel - w/ 1 way travel by cab costing $8.00 - $11.00. 3. FOOD - AVERAGE to POOR. You're not going to go hungry, but definitely NOT great food. Our kids LOVED the room service - they said the chicken nuggets and nachos were awesome delivered to the room; it took between 20-45 minutes for delivery. We LOVED the omelets in the morning - best feature as far as food. (I ate an omelet at 7:00 am, and another one at 10:45 am!) 4. POOLS - EXCELLENT - Loved the pools; there were pools for partying with loud music, and pools for relaxing with a book and a beer, and pools for little ones. Clean and well-maintained. 5. SNORKELING - Not most experienced in this area; we enjoyed our experience, but we heard from others that the Southern part of the island was much better than where the Cozumeleno is located on the Northern part of the island. 6. ROOMS - VERY GOOD. Exactly as advertised on Cozumeleno web site. EXACTLY. Very clean. Housekeeper was such nice a nice person and very detail oriented. 7. BARS - I thought the drinks were very good. I heard some say that they asked for a double to get a good drink. I drank most beer and pina coladas, and I loved every one of them! 7. POOL CHAIRS - I'm an early riser, so we had five chairs all together before 7:15 am. I saw several people that were not happy because they came down to the pool after 10:30 am looking for several chairs together. I think that management there should invest in more chairs. 8. INTERNET - Yes, there was intermittent internet, and when I could get online, their ISP was very slow. No huge deal, but if you're looking to do an hour or so of work down there each day, you will be frustrated with the internet. 9. POOL TOWELS - How frustrating! Went one whole day without towels because they "were out". Several days they didn't have five towels available for us to start the day. Didn't bother me, but my wife and daughter prefer to lay on the chairs with a towel underneath them, and there were frequently none to be had. Again, not a huge deal... 10. RESTAURANT - AVERAGE to POOR. Servers were very nice, there was an older gentleman playing the piano, and the ambiance was nice. Food was the same served in the other restaurant. Our dinner experience lasted about 1 1/2 hours, which was a bit much for us. But, many groups were really enjoying the extended dining experience. Just don't expect excellent food; it is just like the rest of the food - average. 11. LOBSTER HOUSE - Approximately 10 minute WALK from the Cozumeleno. ONLY thing on the menu is LOBSTER, and it costs approx $40.00 per person. BUT IT IS REALLY, REALLY GOOD! I'll return to that place on our next visit. Very neat place to eat. 12. WOULD WE RETURN? Probably not - unless we found a really good deal. Would prefer to check out something with better snorkeling and with better food.

Room Tip: We were on the 3rd floor, and were satisfied with our two rooms (5 family members with connecting do...
6  Thank Todd J