When the Palace ran the kids stay free promo, they probably didn't bank on a family with 5 kids cashing in. We stayed there for 6 relaxing nights and everyone ages 14 months, 5, 9, 13, 15, 40 and 44 had an absolute ball. Our family are seasoned travelers and no one wanted to leave. Here are a few of our tips and pointers:
The staff: What warm and friendly people we met. They truly do bend over backwards to accomadate you including bringing quarts of warm milk for our baby via room service.We did tip because the staff does work hard and they made sure that all of our needs were met.
The food: Guacamole to die for! The food was good and we were satisfied with the selections. If you go expecting 5 star dining, you will be disapointed but if you want decent all-inclusive fare, the palace is it. One suggestion would be to hit the outside buffets early, they didn't have an adequate chill method for deserts and salads and that worried me.
The accomadations: Rooms were very nice and well stocked. These are the most comfortable beds and linens we have had in Mexico. The fridge is well stocked as are the bathroom toiletries. The marble can get slick when wet so watch out if your wet. Loved the hammock at sunset.
The water and pools: Aqua Safari is a great dive operation, right on time, great dive masters, and appropriate dive briefings which emphasize preserving the reef. ( important to us). The snorkeling is fun and accessable even for kids. My kids didn't do much with the kids program, but instead lived in the pool. I have no complaints about the lack of sandy shore and enjoyed the rocky one. There are plenty of places to go for some privacy. Try the site by the dive dock with sand, plenty of shade and not a soul around.
If you are looking for the 5 star pampering, big huge resorts of Cancun, this is not it. If you are looking for the Disney babysitting, entertain my child while the parents leave for hours, this is not it. If you want a place that is clean, relaxing, fun, laid back, close to town with a great friendly staff, this is the place. We would take our family back in a heartbeat.
Make sure you follow all the security procedures departing the airport, we had one security lady who I really disliked by the time we got on the plane as she required my 14 month old to hold her own ticket and passport. At least the other passengers got a good laugh. Adios Amigos!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Not too long ago, Cozumel Island was revealed to the world with all its charm. Now adventure travelers, divers and nature lovers are discovering the all-inclusive, luxurious Cozumel Palace, the stunning resort bathed by the blue waters of the Caribbean Sea. Experience the true meaning of luxury and fun. Enjoy the amenities and attention to detail from the moment you arrive. Our Cozumel Palace will take your breath away! Ideal for families, couples and adventure travelers who love diving and snorkeling. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Orbitz, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Travelocity, Hotwire, Expedia, Jetsetter, Cancelon, Priceline, TripOnline SA, Cheap Tickets, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cozumel Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cozumel Palace Hotel Cozumel
- Palace Hotel Cozumel
- Plaza Las Glorias Cozumel
- Palace Cozumel
- Cozumel Palace Resort