“Awesome Hotel, Wonderful Staff, Best All Inclusive, Good Value”
Review of Cozumel Palace

Cozumel Palace
Ranked #2 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
Reviewed July 28, 2010

Stayed at Cozumel Palace with husband, 13 yr old and 11 yr old 6/28-7/4. We have been to all inclusives in Cancun and Tulum in Mexico, and in The DR and Bahamas. This was the absolute best.
-Facility: Stayed in a Jr Suite. Rooms are just as pictured, spacious, clean, and the fully stocked frig is great. Had a rollaway brought in so the kids didn't have to share a bed. Plenty of room. Pool and public areas immaculately maintained. Snorkeling right off the pool deck is nice, especially for beginners. Take some bread and be surrounded by sgt. majors!
-Staff: Can't say enough! Did not encounter a single staff member that was not exceptionally helpful. My daugher has a peanut/tree nut allergy, and after letting Bernice at guest services know, all the waiters were informed. It was also my daughter's birthday,and a cake was arranged at no extra charge. If you are hanging by the pool, you don't have to get up to eat and drink if you so desire. The service is that good.
-Food: The breakfast and lunch buffets every day were excellent. Didn't have any problem finding things for picky kids to eat either. Great not to have to get reservations at the specialty restaurants in the evening. They were all very good, and make sure to get a Mayan coffee at the mexican restaurant. It is quite a production complete with flaming alcohol. Room service also included, very prompt, good food there also. If you are off an excursion, you can call the front desk and they will pack a picnic lunch for you and deliver it to your room with an hours notice, again, no extra charge.
-Car Rental: We got a car for 4 days at Rentadora Isis in downtown Cozumel. Arranged via e-mail at half the cost of the big name companies. Car was fine and the office is about a mile walk, or short taxi ride from hotel. Make sure you drive to the other side of the island at least once. Beautiful beaches, but not swimmable except for ChenRio.
-Activities: Staff was great, kids loved shows every night, Fire show in particular. Mexican Carnival night was also a lot of fun.
-Excusions: Make sure to book your activities (1500 promotion) in your first day or so to ensure availability. I arrived on a Saturday, and booked that day, Spa was already booked out to the following friday. Dolphin swim is awesome, Chankanaab has very good snorkeling. Snorkeling boat trip was good also. Booked the romantic dinner just to use up the rest of our promotion dollars. It was incredible. Wouldn't have paid full price cash $, but as an extra, couldn't be beat.
-PlayaCar: Took ferry to Playacar for shopping and visited Playacar Palace. Probably only thing we would skip if we go back. Cozumel Palace much nicer, and shopping was just as good in Cozumel. Ferry ride a litte rough on way back.

Kudos to Cozumel Palace management and staff for making their resort, and our vacation, truly first class.

Overall, best family vacation we have had. Kudos to the Cozumel Palace

2  Thank mjr_mom
Write a ReviewReviews (3,793)

Reviewed July 27, 2010

My husband and I made our first trip to Cozumel in June. I selected the Palace by reviews on tripadvisor. They weren't wrong.

The hotel is small, beautifully situated on the water, the staff is so wonderful and we couldn't have asked for a better place to stay. If you want a calmer, pampered small hotel this would be my choice for you. The rooms are adaquate in size, comfortable, very clean and the view is beautiful.

It is only about a 5 minute walk to get to the shopping area and only a couple of dollars to take a taxi to the ferry boat.

The pools are beautiful and the first thing you see when you walk into the hotel. The thing I didn't like much, the water was like taking a bath, it was warm when we went in June, but the swim up bar helps cool you off. The bartenders are so much fun to joke around and have a laugh while you are sipping the cocktail of the day.

I wouldn't recommend paying for transportation from the airport to the hotel. Take a taxi. Much cheaper and only about 7 mins to the hotel. I didn't find one person that didn't speak english so it is easy to get around.

You can visit other palace hotels while you there by taking the ferry to the mainland. It is fun to see what the other hotels are like and if one of the others fits your style better. You can use all of the facilties at the hotel, you get a wristband so they know you are a palace guest. and return back to your hotel in cozumel for the night.

I have to say, my husband didn't want to go to Mexico but i talked him into for our 40th anniversary. He loved it and we are planning on going back next year.

The dolphin experience, it is next door to the hotel, is worth every penny you spend. What a great time we had playing in the dolphin pools.

We also found that the guests come from all over and they were all so friendly. We really enjoy this trip and can't wait to go back to the Palace.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 20, 2010

We will be going back again next year, and the next, and the next! Thank you so much for the great service. We felt like royalty the whole time we were there.
The food was great and the room service was so quick!

Tip: Rent a car and drive the whole island. Be sure to stop as much as possible at the beach huts and bars. The other side is amazing! Chaakanab is a great snorkeling park to visit also.

• Stayed: June 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank TXJess006
Reviewed July 20, 2010

Having never been on an "All Inclusive" vacation before, I was not sure what to expect. My girlfriend had even warned me that chances are the hotel would be nothing like they showed in the pictures. With this in mind, I was ready to accept a mediocre hotel as being acceptable. Much to my surprise, what you see in the photos of the palace is exactly what you get….and more. The rooms were well maintained, spacious and clean. We even visited a few other Palace properties while on the mainland and hands down, the Cozumel Palace was our favorite. Not too big where you have to walk a mile to get breakfast and the rooms were better in Cozumel.
When we arrived, we were very warmly greeted. Our room was ready to go and check-in was simple. From the minute we walked through the front door until the minute we left a week later, the staff was top notch, friendly and simply a pleasure to see every day. Being in the food service industry, I know how hard the work is, and the staff at the Palace was some of the hardest working people I have ever seen. The staff at the palace made the experience just that much better.
There was never a shortage of food or beverage; with three indoor restaurants and outside dining you always had a place to eat. The palace offers some great local flavors and many traditional American favorites. My suggestion; don’t be afraid to try something new. Being a chef I am usually more than critical of food when I dine out. I will honestly say I have no complaints. The food was flavorful, good variety and very well presented.
The island has plenty to offer; I suggest renting a Jeep and spend a few hours enjoying the backside of the island. If you want to shop, do it in Cozumel, the vendors in Playa del Carmen were unbearable. There is a ferry that will take you over to Playa del Carmen. The time change daily so make sure you check.

Addy, Luiz, Francisco, Paulo, Alberto, Joseph, Miguel, Brenda, Sara, Darwin, Louis, Daniel and everyone else who worked so hard to make our stay at the Cozumel Palace a excellent stay.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank rfloccari
Reviewed July 20, 2010

We stayed at the Palace 6/27-7/6. This was our 9th stay at Cozumel Palace. We have stayed several times as a couple and this was our 2nd stay with our 7yr old daughter. It was fabulous as always! They even had a special celebration for the guests on 4th of July. That was unexpected but it was fun!
Because we have stayed so many times it was like coming home and seeing old friends. We have really gotten to know several of the wonderful people that work there and it makes our experience with the hotel even better. I won't go into the details of the hotel since so many others have other than to say the attention to service and detail are amazing. The staff truly is exceptional and will go above and beyond to make sure your stay is great! The hotel is very clean, the food is good, drinks are good, and the views are beautiful!
Depending on the time of year you stay the resort has something for everyone; families or couples. Our daughter loved going to kids club, she would ask every morning if she could go as soon as they opened. Dulcie, in charge of kids club, was great and all the kids really seemed to love her. When just my husband and I stay we spend most of our mornings diving and relaxing in the afternoon but because we had our daughter it was a different experience than when we are alone. That is not saying anything negative it is just different but still wonderful!
Because the resort is so great it is tempting not to leave during your stay but the island and the people that live there are too wonderful to miss out on. Get out and see the east side of the island, walk around town, and dine out at a few places. You are missing out on a great experience if you don't.
We will continue to visit this hotel and look forward to our 10th stay in November!

2  Thank atatt
Reviewed July 19, 2010

The Cozumel Palace is a gem on Cozumel. The staff is superior when it comes to customer service, the facilities are top notch and verycomfortable. The location is convenient to the water, downtown shopping and the attractions of Cozumel. The place is applicable to those with teenagers, young kids and couples. If you are a scuba diver or love snorkeling you have gone to paradise. After a long day in the sun and water, a good meal and entertainment is on the program. The shos were great and always included the audience. After the show a good night's sleep in one of the most comfortable beds I've experienced.This is a great get away!!!!

1  Thank JPLeesburg
Reviewed July 17, 2010

This was our second trip to Cozumel Palace. We were not dissappointed! Another amazing week in an amazing resort.

Booked the week through a member selling some of their member weeks on eBay. I highly recommend booking this way for great savings, and a few added extras such as free airport transfers, 2 free 25 minute massages,2 manicures and 2 pedicures per room, in addition to the $1500 vacation buck to be used for tours or spa services, etc.

The staff at the reception desk were very helpful and made the check in experience very smooth and fast. Angel was very professional.

The rooms were cleaned twice daily. Maria was most helpful with anything we needed. The halls are al little noisy, as has been mentioned in other reviews.

All of the wait staff were superb, and really treated us like royalty. Francisco always greated us with a smile, and helped us practice our spanish daily. 24 hour room service was great and very fast!

My daughter and I had mani/pedis done and they were great.

The tour staff were most helpful in assisting us in scheduling our trips.

The activities staff really work hard to make sure all of the guests are having a great time. Ricardo, Daniel, Gabriel and Sujey are all superb people. They were all so good to us and our kids.

We snorkeled several times in front of the hotel and saw many fish. The only downside is that there is no beach at this resort. It is a little rocky and slippery to get into the water, so be careful!!

My husband did 4 dives with Aldora Divers and had a wonderful experience with them. They picked him up right from the hotel dock!

I highly recommend the Cozumel Palace. Overall, It is a great place to stay!!

1  Thank np2003227