Cozumel Palace
$169
$106
Melia.com
3,930 results
All reviewsresort creditaqua safariloft suiteromantic dinnerchef's dinnervacation plannerspay taxthe concierge levelitalian restaurantoutdoor grillspa treatmentssandy areashour room servicehammock on the balconymy pleasuredolphin swimplaya del carmen
FilterAll languages
Reviewed February 17, 2010

We stayed at the Cozumel Palace from 2/5 to 2/13 and can't wait to return. The staff and facilities exceeded our expectations. The food and beverages were of of higher quality. We enjoyed the waiter at the pool who was called "Super Mario". He had a good sense of humor and seemed to enjoy his job. The hostess, Abby, at breakfast and lunch always referred to us by our name and welcomed us with a smile. We can not wait to return. It is a small Palace facility but that added to the experience.

Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank stressreliever
Reviewed February 16, 2010

We went to Cozumel Palace for our honeymoon and we're glad we did! Our room was very roomy and clean. It had a very beautiful view of the water and cruise terminal (it was just fun to see the cruise boats docked every other day or so). We upgraded to the Concierge level which was well worth it. We got little snacks every afternoon and free 25 min back massages. It also came with a pillow menu and aromatherapy. The staff was very accommodating and they remember who you are by the time you leave. The snorkeling was ok, you could definitely find better snorkeling else where in the island. The only draw back that me and my husband didn't like was how salty some of the dishes were. Definitely bring one dressy outfit (for men, a collared shirt) and go to the Italian restaurant. They have a dessert there called the 5 passions (or something like that). It was by far the best dessert! The tours were also very fun! Be sure to book the tours at the Elite Tours desk, not Guest Services. It's located around the corner from the Front Desk. The Guest Services folks will talk you into going to Playa Del Carmen to for a presentation of how to be a member. If you don't want to be hassled by that, definitely avoid them when you check in. The business center has free internet access. You only get 30mins, so be sure to log off any sites you visited before the time runs out because it doesn't do it automatically. It says free 30mins each day, but we logged on more than once a day and it didn't charge us for doing so.

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank joeannay
Reviewed February 15, 2010

We just returned from a long weekend at the Cozumel Palace. It was Carnival weekend - Cozumel's Mardi Gras! We had an oceanfront suite on the 3rd floor.

The staff make this hotel. The service is excellent and there are lots of people to wait on you. The rooms and the common grounds are all very clean and well kept.

We really enjoyed the Mexican restaurant. The Italian dinner was just OK, as we get great Italian food in the US. So for our 3rd night, we opted to go back to the Mexican and it exceeded our expectations. We skipped the Asian restaurant all together. Breakfast buffet was fantastic and the poolside grill was great for lunch. Overall the food and beverage service is very good.

We utilized the Avis car rental service in the front lobby and rented a jeep for a day ($108). It was very convenient. We drove around the island and took our time stopping at different beaches along the way. I wish I had packed insect repellent as there were a large number of flies that entered the jeep when we stopped. We also drove out to Punta Sur and paid the $10 park admission. We enjoyed climbing to the top of the light house and taking beautiful pictures. Definitely a great excursion.

The walk into town is short and very safe. We enjoyed walking through the shops and visiting with the salesmen.

The only negatives we can say regarding this hotel is that the hallways are very noisy. All of the floors are marble, so the sound echos through the halls as guests slam doors, talk and walk. The street noise was loud too as there was a parade every night for the carnival. The hotel's night time shows were also pretty loud and did not finish until 11:00 each night.

• Stayed: February 2010, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Brayball
Reviewed February 12, 2010

My favorite Palace Resort (after visiting all the Palaces in the Cancun area many times since becoming a member in 2001) was always Sun Palace because of the great beach with windex blue water, the "Welcome Home" ambiance and the extra large rooms with great balcony and views.

We just got back from a week at Cozumel Palace and now Cozumel Palace is our new favorite.

The Cozumel Palace is walking distance to the town. It is smaller and more like visiting friends than some of the larger Palaces. It is kind of like being on a luxury cruise ship except you have a nice big room with a balcony and all tours and drinks are included.

Some say there is no beach, but there are 2 sandy beach areas with Palm trees and palapas right at the waters edge. There is a huge ocean swimming area with lifeguards on duty, and 2 docks where you can get in the crystal clear water to snorkle, swim or scuba.

Everything else is the usual Palace standards, great restaurants, service, pools, swim up bar, activities, tours and shows.

I think I will find it hard to go anywhere else !!!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled with friends
4  Thank Paradisechazer
Reviewed February 10, 2010

Where do I begin?? My new husband and I chose this Resort for our honeymoon, because we saw all the GREAT reviews from others on this site. BOY WAS I BLOWN AWAY!!!!! We took a red eye to start our vacation RIGHT away and landed in Cozumel at 11am. We got to the resort at 12pm...we were greated with a mini martini and a cool towel! We felt so special from the moment we walked in. We got situated in our room and then got the vacation started! The food is SOOOOOOO amazing....and so are the drinks! We both LOOOVED every restaurant, except the Italian. The Italian you have to dress nice for, so we did that one night. What I ordered was good, my husband ordered a pizza and it wasn't that good. But that doesn't mean ANYTHING compared to this resort. The staff was BEYOND accomodating to our every need. We were on one of the beaches far from everyone, and we weren't forgotten about! Had fresh drinks at all times! They had the best nachos that i've ever eaten. This is a small resort but I loved that! You get to know people and the staff. I was really sad to leave because I felt like I made so many friends with the staff members. We had lost our camera and so many staff members asked us everyday if we found it. They remembered!! The staff here is so genuine, so pleased to serve you. I honestly felt like the president of the united states for a week!! The resort also comes with included excursions that we took part in. This is such a GREAT value for your dollar! I would go back in a heart beat. This resort really puts the bar up high, and I'm actually scared to try anything else because we were treated like such royalty!

• Stayed: January 2010, traveled as a couple