$241
Melia.com
$238
$203
4,081 results
All reviewsresort creditloft suitechef's dinnerromantic dinnerthe concierge levelvacation plannerspay taxitalian restaurantoutdoor grillspa treatmentssandy areashour room servicemy pleasuredolphin swimhammock on the balconyplaya del carmenentertainment staff
Reviewed August 16, 2017

This was the third time that we have stayed here and it was the best trip yet. We keep coming back because of the amazing staff at Cozumel Palace. Our concierge, Fernando, made every wish we had a reality. He checked in with us everydayto see if we needed anything at all and made the experience unique. The other star was Pablo, our waiter at the pool. He made sure that everyday we were treated like queens and was always there with a smile on his face. My mom is slightly handicap and these two gentlemen made sure that she could get wherever she wanted and enjoyed herself to the fullest.

I scuba dive and it was lovely to go right downstairs and catch a boat to dive some of the most beautiful reefs in the Caribbean. The reefs in Cozumel are simply stunning.The biggest downside was that it was $26 a day to rent equipment on top of the points I used and taxes I paid. It was not nearly as expensive the last time I was down. Also, if I am renting equipment, I want to have help getting everything on the boat or in checking our gear. The boats are definitely no frills, but the dive masters were very knowledgeable of the area.

Room Tip: great sunset views and snorkeling right in front of the property.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank nikbelo
Reviewed August 16, 2017

The rooms are nice with great views. the housekeeping staff was acceptable as long as you don't ask for to many changes. We paid for the concierge level where you get little treats in the evening and other little perks. The first night we received some treats but that was it. We also asked for Bud Light vs Bud in the fridge. After the fourth request on day three we received the Bud Light. I agree with the other reviewers that the pool and bar staff are great. The wait staff was also good at the buffet, Mexican and Asian restaurants. That is the only ones we went into. I would not pay for the extra stuff we did as I could not see any advantage to doing it. Most people had the yellow wrist bands. Ours were different but we did have a room on the top floor. If you can avoid the "presentation" do it. IT was about 2.5 hours of pressure sales. The people were nice but it is a bit like a used car sale. you need to go through 2 managers before you are released.

The views are beautiful and the location an easy walk to downtown restaurants 5-10 minutes. The jeep rental on site ifs very good and the jeeps are in pretty good shape. While we were out we saw many other rentals broken down on the side of the road. If you get time go visit the east side and check out some of the beach bars. Rent a jeep as it is very safe and easy drive.

Room Tip: Far Far from the elevators as the halls are loud. Bring a white noise app on your phone to use at night.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank Mark C
Reviewed August 14, 2017

We had our honeymoon in Cozumel Palace and stayed on an ocean front suite. It was fabulous! My husband and I are both divers so we spent majority of our time diving. Their facilities (a little expensive) were great and it was nice to go diving right from the resort. Most reefs were about 30 minutes to 45 minutes away and the night diving was spectacular (we saw an octopus, shark, crabs, lobsters). The food was spectacular and the staff was extremely patient. Overall, great service! Highly recommend it!

Room Tip: Avoid the honeymoon special dinner - it takes too long to serve and it's actually not that good compared to their usual restaurant food.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
2  Thank BBB_Darwin
Reviewed August 10, 2017

Trying to decide exactly where to start with my experience at Cozumel Palace (CP). My wife, two kids (12 year old twins) and I just returned on 08/05/2017 from a six night stay at CP. To say it was a week in heaven would almost be an understatement for us. Everything that the resort had a hand in was absolutely amazing. I'm going to break it down in to several areas to keep myself from just running on.

Food - Amazing. The fact that all four restaurants do not require reservations for dinner is a huge plus in our book. I hate having to have my day on schedule if I want to eat in a certain restaurant and here you don't! Due to the smaller size of the resort most nights we didn't even have a wait and the longest we did have was thirty-minutes one night!

The food was expertly cooked on all occasions, though a steak off the buffet one night was slightly to rare for my daughter (we switched). All steaks seem to be cooked to mediumish and were juicy and succulent each time. My favorite dish was a Tempura Fried Poblano Pepper stuffed with calamari, octopus and other stuff. The deserts were wide ranging and very enjoyable. I will say the appetizers are single serve, so don't expect to share them with several people. We simply each ordered our own after the first night if we desired them. The sushi in the Asian restaurant was always fresh the wait staff was top notch at all of them.

Rooms - Very spacious and comfortable. Having the Jacuzzi tubs in each room was a nice added bonus. There is some aging showing on the rooms and hallways but all in all it is still a beautiful resort.

Staff - This is where the resort really stands out. Everyone was encountered while there treated us great. They all seemed to truly care that we were having a great time. From the front desk to the wait staff to housekeeping all took great care of us.

Activities - Sadly we didn't get to take part in as many of these as we would have liked, but what we did was very fun. The Chocolate Party was an enjoyable evening with good music, the Three Tenors put on an excellent show and the poolside staff did their best to make sure you were entertained throughout the day.

Pool/beach - Pools were great, plenty of room to relax and/or play in them. Man made beach was nice if you wanted to be in the sand or lay out. One knock on the resort which is common it seems regardless is the "reserving" of beach chairs. Often people would place their items out and not show up until two-to-three o'clock with little (no) policing done by the poolside concierge despite pointing them out. There is a resort rule regarding this, but again no enforcement of same.
Snorkeling out the front was awesome in my opinion. Yes there isn't the abundance of sea life that there is out on the reef, but the ability to go whenever you want makes it a great experience. We were able to see dozens of types of fish, crabs, eels, what appeared to be some type of sea snake, starfish and more without having to go out in a boat or pay extra.

Excursions - Having the resort credit really gave us an opportunity to do more than we would have. Yes you pay a 16% tax/fee but it still winds up being a good deal for most of the things. The stingray encounter was top notch and getting a t-shirt, pictures and the experience was well worth it and much less than the price you paid if you just went there. Chankanab (spelling?) Park was another excellent day you could do for just a little or a lot depending on what you wanted to do.

All in all as stated this was an amazing experience. We met some great people, had a ton of fun and can't wait to go visit again. Be it here or elsewhere we have decided it is #thepalacelife for us.

Room Tip: All the rooms are excellent, though the rooms on the first floor don't have a balcony.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family
3  Thank Jody S
Reviewed August 10, 2017

This was my second time staying at the Cozumel Palace. Loved the room and snorkeling, watching the beautiful sunset, swimming in the ocean or pool. What makes the stay so wonderful, however, is the staff. They are all so amazing. They always greet you, even if passing in the halls. They meet any need you have with a smile. I would like to give a shout out to Alfredo (room service) and Sitka (pool-side server). Such sweet young people who truly appreciate their jobs and the patrons of the Cozumel Palace. Loved our stay!

Room Tip: Might want to stay away from elevators or service doors. Hall noise is clearly heard in rooms.
  • Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple