“Room with a view.”

Ranked #3 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
Weston, Florida
“Room with a view.”
Reviewed December 12, 2013

The resort is absolutely beautiful and the staff is amazing! From the moment that you check in, to the time you check out, they cater to you. We had a junior suite and found it to be very comfortable and the view from the hammock on the balcony was amazing. All rooms have a view of the ocean. We were there for the ironman event and the hotel was booked 100%, we had no trouble finding chairs by the pool or being seated in one of the three restaurants. Since we follow a plant-based diet, I was concerned that we would not find things to eat. I was so wrong! They had so much variety every day we were there, I actually gained three pounds! If doing Ironman Cozumel next year, stay here, it's walking distance to the finish and packet pickup, bike course goes right by hotel. My only con that I found was the noise in the hallways, since everything is tile/marble and glass, you can hear people talking as they are walking down the hallways. Other than that, excellence!

Room Tip: I understood floors 3 and above are nonsmoking.
1 Thank RoscoesMom231

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,296)
  • Hebrew first
Santa Rosa, California
Reviewed December 12, 2013

The Cozumel Palace is a jewel of a resort. More of a "boutique" resort, the Cozumel Palace is small enough for the staff to become aquainted with guests and provide attention and pampering on all levels. There is no beach front to this resort, but the ability to put on a diving mask and snorkel and jump right into beautiful corral reefs is a real treat. The restaurants were all very good - the food was high quality and very yummy, the non-stop drinks (including full bar in each suite), and the availability to get what you need whenever you need it, made our trip stress-free and relaxing. The staff is wonderful, professional and friendly. The $1500 resort credits was enough for us to enjoy massages, a trip to Tulum, swimming with the dolphins, a day trip to Chankanaab, and a snorkeling day trip by boat.

The hotel is close to downtown, which made it easy to go out for the day on foot and take in the sights.

The beds and amenities in each room were very nice. Salon quality bath products that smell great, thick white cotton bath robes and slippers were all a nice touch. The beds were comfy and clean. New mattresses were being delivered the week we were there. Each room (suite) has a view of the ocean which is incredible and a hammock to relax on. Nothing but the sea for miles...

The hotel is not huge, more of a boutique feel, but everything you need is there. The pool and swim-up bar is very nice and there is always something going on in and around the pool area. Our ten year old son had a good time. If I had one comment for improvement, it would be to bring in more authentic Mexican entertainment for the nightly shows. The variety was good and aimed at pleasing all ages and tastes - and it's hard to please everyone - but I would have liked a mariachi band or traditional Mexican dancers.

I highly recommend Cozumel Palace. We will be returning again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room on the 3rd floor or higher to get an unobstructed view of the ocean.
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Carolyn C
Yorba Linda, California
Reviewed December 12, 2013

Stayed at Cozumel Palace for 9 nights in June2013.The location when you get out of taxi is not so great but as soon as you step I to resort you forget about the mess outside.I upgrade our room to a suite with a loft location was wonderful right on the " beach".The food for all inclusive resort was five star.The service perfect,by the 3rd day the waiters know your name,they could be happier having you in the restaurant.The dive shop needs some work the equipment was old and the boats not as nice.Overall a great vacation and we will return

Room Tip: Upgrade if you can !!
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Leoice69
Reviewed December 10, 2013

Hubby & me vacationed there the week before Thanksgiving and I must say that it was one of the best times that I have had. We have stayed at other Palace resorts and they are all fantastic. But I must give shout outs to Jessica she was the best....she was new there but made sure that we were taken care of and all of our needs were met such a sweetie. Alejandro (Alex) makes the best Spanish coffee it is a must...One of the activity directors Roger is a hoot. I actually tried yoga and water arobics on Monday with him ..uugghh..although I must say that I avoided him afterwards...hehehehe only kidding. All of the staff was very attentive and made sure that our stay was fantastic..... Did my first dive with Ricardo from the scuba shop again another awesome experience such a different world under the water....There is not one bad thing that I can say about the Cozumel Palace. I can tell you that we will be back there again. First time that I didn't want to head home....

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Jennicabral
Charlotte, North Carolina
Reviewed December 10, 2013

A group of 6 of us stayed at Cozumel Palace for the dates of 11/30-12/7/13. It was a set of 3 couples.

I am going to break the review down into sections so it is easier to read:

Check-In

This was handled the way that it is supposed to be done. Upon arrival we were given a drink, and then asked to take a seat in the lobby area. Then a resort employee checked us all in at the same time. All the while they explained the credits, and features of the resort. We were also serviced for drinks, food, and cold towels while sitting

Booking resort credits.

Immediately following check in the guys in the group took care of booking the activities that involved redeeming resort credits. This was a quick and painless process (spa booking was done by my wife prior to arrival).

Rooms

The rooms were just as expected. Large, clean, and top notch CHI amenities. The only room issue I saw was in our friend’s room someone had put a hole in the Jacuzzi tub. This was repaired, but to be honest it looked horrible. Didn't affect the function, but looked like crap. The views from the room were amazing. The only gripe I had about the rooms was the way the noise carried from the halls into the rooms. It was horrendously loud each time someone would talk while walking down the hall. We also had some very rude people that were loud late in the evenings. There are signs posted requesting guest to be quiet, but some [--] forget how to read. I doubt there's anything that can be done about this any further as it's the design of the hotel, but the noise really travels a long way!

Food across the resort was very good and amazing in the Italian restaurant. It's also very nice to be sitting outside with friends and 10pm after having dinner and ordering another steak for a snack to be grilled on the outside grill! The Buffet was very good every day with a short order cook manning a grill that puts most people to shame. She could handle 5 orders at a time and get them all right every time!

Drinks
Drinks were very good and top shelf was used when requested.

Pool
The pools were very nice and kept very clean. There's a nice infinity pool connected to a lower pool.

Location
The location was very good. Walking distance to the main part of town. And excellent waters in front of the resort.

This is where Cozumel Palace puts others to complete shame. Our group has never been taken care of so well. Each and every person that was there seemed to genuinely want to help, and was beyond grateful for any tip we gave. We even saw Ricardo out of the resort and he stopped and talked with us for 15+ minutes (he was in street clothes, so wasn't representing palace). I could write a book on all the things done right in this area, but here are a few:

Drink service was the absolute best. Hardly did a drink get completely empty.

Wait staff was phenomenal in the restaurants. I only had one small issue in the Mexican restaurant, and it could have been the waiter was having an off night.

Room service did an awesome job keeping the rooms spotless and was very apologetic when it ran late in the afternoon.

Front desk went out of their way to make sure everything was going perfect.

The doorman even went and got us towels when he saw we were going to need them for the stingray experience.

It's so many things that I really can't list them all. The service made us feel like we belonged there. They knew our names, our drinks, and how many people were in our party. They would ask where the others were when they saw one of us on our own. I'm rambling, but only because it was that good. I wish I could remember all the names but here's some that made it special:
Alexandro
Manuel
Heri
Roger
Gaberial
Angel
Ricardo
and many many others.

The resort credits make staying here amazing as well. We were able to use ours for Spa Services, Scuba, Facial Kits, Tequila Gift Sets, Sting Ray Experience, and a few other things. People may complain about having to pay taxes on this but I can tell you that a two-tank dive cost a whole lot more than the $12 in tax you have to pay. In the event you are a diver this will save you tons!!!! Just call Aqua Safari to book before you come and pay with resort credit when you get there.

Wedding
We had our symbolic wedding while we were here and Bellimi (I am 100% that’s spelt wrong) made this an amazingly easy endeavor. It was beautiful and planned perfectly. We had a staff of 8 for only 6 people. Everything was outstandingly perfect. To top this all off the wedding was included for free with our stay.

This place is the best value I’ve ever found in a vacation. My only regret is that I didn’t stay longer!!!!

3 Thank Dallas N
Conifer, Colorado
Reviewed December 8, 2013

If you want to be treated like you are special and have an amazing family vacation - this is the place. Our family of 5 (3 adult children), had one of the most memorable vacations we have ever had at the Cozumel Palace. What a beautiful place! The food, rooms, service, entertainment, location are all 5 star!!! You will not be disappointed!

Room Tip: Ocean View on a high floor will give you the best view.
1 Thank Pamela F
Concord, North Carolina
Reviewed December 8, 2013

Wife & I visited the Palace again over Thanksgiving and as prior visits, almost perfect. The staff knew of my Mothers recent passing and were very sensitive to this. They again went beyond our expectations to insure we had as delightfull time as possible. I can't say enough about this resort, the Management and its people. The weather was nice for the first part and a norte arrived mid week for the rest of the stay. If you are considering Cozumel, I would strongly suggest this resort. My sincere thanks to the entire staff and Management. We will be back soon!

Room Tip: The concier level and Junior sweet is to die for.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple