“There is something for everyone at Cozumel Palace.”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cozumel Palace

Cozumel Palace
Ranked #2 of 51 Hotels in Cozumel
Covington, Georgia, United States
“There is something for everyone at Cozumel Palace.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 22, 2013

We just returned from a 2 week stay, and it's our favorite spot on the planet. We've been going to this same resort for 14 years, even before "Palace" bought it. One of my favorite things is to snorkel steps away from the two pools, and the friends we have made of the excellent staff members make us feel welcomed every year.

Room Tip: We like rooms on the 4th & 5th floors for the gorgeous view.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank tlj6113

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,276)
  • Hebrew first
Bowling Green, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 19, 2013

If you want to stay in Cozumel, there's no reason to pick anywhere else. We were just 2nd time guests at the Palace and really glad we came back. The service is just lovely. The food is generally quite good. Occasionally I find something that could be slightly better, but not often. The drinks served are strong and not a bit watered down. There is no hot tub outside, likely because most of the ocean front rooms have Jacuzzi tubs. The city view rooms are much smaller and do not have Jacuzzis. So I think they still need a hot tub for the cool nights. Back to the staff- they make you feel like you want to find them on Facebook and be their friend. They are so sincere. We did have to be a little forceful in declining to go for a sales presentation, but they were just trying to do their jobs.

Room Tip: As above, city view rooms do not have Jacuzzi tubs like the oceanfront.
2 Thank PamBinBG
Crystal Lake, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 18, 2013

I'll start off with something important--I AM NOT A PALACE MEMBER. The reason I think this is important is, when researching the resort on tripadvisor, I could never tell if the reviews were from members or not. Also, since I'm more of a pessimist, I always click the "terrible", and "poor" reviews 1st. Not the best idea, but I still like seeing the differences in peoples opinions.
Now for my review-
When we arrived by shuttle (Oct. 2) to the resort it was hot and humid. When we were all greeted by the resort staff, they brought us cold towels and refreshing cocktails. Great 1st impression. After check-in, we raced up to the room to change into our swimsuits. WOW-what a room. We got the 2 level suite (kids stayed upstairs) and it was incredible. We were on the ground floor, but could see the ocean and pools. The bed was unreal comfy. I had no back aches when waking up each morning. More importantly for me--The A/C was COLD! After our wedding we moved to a Junior Suite on the 5th floor. Great view and same amenities. Couldn't be happier with the rooms. The resort pools and patio areas were great too. Swim-up bar was great, the staff awesome! he snack bar food was delicious-my fave was the fresh Ceviche! Snorkeling right off the resort piers was also fantastic! Saw so much just in that area-Barracuda, Parrot fish, Needle fish Etc. I could snorkel every day! I convinced myself to get scuba certified for next trip, as we met other resort guests who dove a lot. Anyway- our wedding took place at the on-site gazebo area. I will give all the credit to my wife who's hard work organizing the wedding along with the wedding coordinator at the resort, got the beautiful ceremony we wanted without any problems. Except maybe for the heat! It was HOT! But it was a great time. The minister the resort provided was great, along with the photographer who took awesome pictures. He also had them delivered to us 1 day after we were home. As for the restaurants on site--I loved them all! The Asian restaurant was great-including the Sushi. The Mexican place was great, and so was the Italian place. The Buffet for breakfast was great, also lunch, but we never had dinner there. Room service helped us out a few times, and we really enjoyed the service and the menu. I loved sitting at the Lobby Bar before dinner for cocktails chatting up the bartenders and meeting other guests. In fact, we ate dinner there once! You can have the menu's from all the restaurants and get the food at the bar! The entertainment team for the resort were great. From hosting the drinking games, to volleyball in the pool, they had great enthusiasm, and were never pushy. The shows in the evening were also great. There's something for everyone, and we had a ton of laughs! I'm sure I'm forgetting details, but I can't wait to return. Hopefully next year-1 year anny? Don't make the mistake I did-stay away from bad reviews here-This place is the tops!
I have to thank these staff members who made our stay so much fun, and relaxing-
Lobby Bar- Juan, Miguel, and Sylvia (Vodka on rocks-MUCHO ONIONS!)
Asian Restaurant- waiter Carlos-skilled with the fried tempura dessert!
Mexican restaurant- Ricardo-Hilarious, and fun!
Breakfast Buffet-Maria-Cooked my chorizo and huevos for me every day with a big smile!
Swim-up bar-Jesus (great tequila lesson to my buddy and I), Antonio (Bumble Bee shots! He LOVES to make 'em!!), and Ruben (never did I have an empty drink!)
Tours-Jeep rental- Darwin and Miguel
Entertainment staff- Daniel (made my 1st day at the resort great while it rained), Josue (Great volleyballer-"Rotato!"), Roger (great at hula hoop catching), little Gabriel ("AYYY CHIHUAHUA!"), and Manuela (Always a HUGE smile to brighten our days)

5 Thank sh1520
Plymouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 17, 2013

My husband and I renewed our 25th wedding vows at CP, Sept.8th-13th, flying into Cozumel and the resort being 15 min. away(est.) was very convenient. Upon arrival check in was smooth and seem less. The cool facecloth and fresh fruit drink was a refreshing welcome. We had upgraded our room(@ time of booking) to a jr. suite with an ocean view (highly recommended) which was clean, very spacious, and the bed was very comfortable. The air conditioning in the room worked very well and was great when we returned from our after breakfast walk. From check in they direct you to another desk where a person helps you plan your excursions. They do ask if you would like to visit one of their resorts ( yes..a time share), but if you politely decline they don't pursue it any more. The resort credits were very helpful, the amount is dependent on # of nights stayed and you only pay 11% on what you use. These credits can be used towards room upgrade (when you arrive), excursions, scuba diving, spa, romantic dinners, ect. There are amount restrictions on golf and some other stuff but look into it it's well worth it. The excursions applicable for resort credit use are on specific days, finding out the days before you get there might be helpful. The staff are AMAZING, they are so attentive and truly make you feel welcomed, they made our anniversary/vow renewal (vacation) the MOST MEMORABLE time, so much that we DID'NT WANT TO LEAVE. Five star quality food in it's presentation and taste. Sara (front desk) took care of our every need; Danny, Gabriel, Roger and all the entertainment staff kept things lively. I definitely would suggest participating in the activities, you'll have so much fun ; Gaberiel (dive instructor @ the resort) was patient and attentive, my husband had a great time learning to dive. Manuel, Isadore, Louis Angel and all of the dining staff impressed me with each meal; Belem, Bernice and all the wedding/guest relations personnel surpassed what we could have ever imagined our 25th renewal to be, their attention to detail made it the MOST ROMANTIC that we could have asked for. Even though there is not a beach there are sandy "beach areas" with thatched roofed umbrellas to sit under and have coffee/drinks while you watch the cruise ships come in. Snorkeling right there at the resort was amazing and we saw different fish each time. My husband was reluctant to go to an all inclusive but found, especially with CP, it is well worth the money. From the staff making you feel like family, the quality and presentation of the cuisine (We still haven't found a restaurant back home that is equivalent). All the staff made our trip SO GREAT they treat everyone with the best hospitality.
WE HIGHLY RECOMMEND COZUMEL PALACE for your next vacation/wedding/vow renewal.

Room Tip: upgrade to Jr. suite 4th floor great ocean views
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Gail B
Lenoir City, Tennessee
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

We have stayed at other Palace Resorts in the Cancun area. We decided to try Cozumel Palace and we were GLAD we did. It is a smaller property which we like. You get to know the staff and the guests - it starts to feel like family. Flying into the Cozumel airport was easier than the Cancun airport. Transportation from airport to the palace was a breeze and a quick ride. Check-in was simple and easy and everyone was friendly. We had a room on the 5th floor and it had a great view and the room was quiet. We did not experience much hallway noise (that I read about in other reviews). Beds and pillows are comfortable. Towels are big and soft. Towels are available at the pool and at the lounge chairs. There are so many great people who work there I would not want to list names because each person contributed to a wonderful, restful vacation.

We did not do any of the tours because we have done several of them in past Mexico visits. We did rent a jeep and drove around the island which was fun. Driving 'downtown' was a bit nerve racking because the local drivers (of cars and motorcycles) seem a bit reckless to us and zip around any vehicle that they consider going too slow. You have to keep your eyes open both to the left and the right of your vehicle because you don't know which size they will choose to zip pass the vehicle you are driving. Other than this it was a great experience. There are several bars along the drive where you can stop for the type of refreshment of your choice. We stopped at three and felt the food prices were a bit marked up but at the third stop it was reasonably prices and the food was good. People need to realize that everything has to be shipped to the island which can add to the cost of a product whether it is food or a product. The people that live and provide a great vacation experience for the tourists do this as their lively hood and we, as visitors, should try to remember they are not getting rich off your purchase but they do deserve to have make a bit of a profit.

All of the food at the restaurants was good. Our favorite meal was the 'Romantic Dinner' which we paid for with our resort credits and it was well worth the 11% tax we paid. DELICIOUS food and great service.

We enjoyed our fall visit because it was not at full capacity and not crowed. We will go back to Cozumel Palace!

Room Tip: Five floors at this palace. The first floor are the handicap rooms - second floor is a smoking floor...
1 Thank Becky J
Los Angeles, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 16, 2013

We came to Cozumel because many online articles said it was one of the best places in the western hemisphere for scuba diving. The prices at the Cozumel Palace are very reasonable, which is why I didn't expect such great personal service. It was clear that they wanted us to be fully satisfied with every interaction. From car rentals, spa services, 24-hour room service, and open bar, I was pleased. One day we asked for (off-menu) strawberries and whipped cream from room service around 11pm. The manager came up to apologize that they couldn't do it, but that they'd be happy to deliver them tomorrow. I got the sense they sent someone to buy the ingredients, and the strawberries were perfect the next day after we got back from scuba diving.

We had "concierge-level service." Every time we'd leave the hotel, they'd come and clean up our room. Even 2 or 3 times a day. And every day they'd leave a "surprise," either mints, house-made chocolates, or cake. It was a great daily surprise.

They also have four hard liquors available in an in-room bar, right out of big bottles.

To get better service than this in the United States, you'd probably have to pay well over $1500 per night.

Cons / Tips:
* The room doors seem to have a lot of space under them. Put a towel at the bottom of the door to deaden some of the sound transmission while you're sleeping (or while you're being loud in your room!).
* The food was mostly adequate. But maybe that was me; most of the food in Cozumel, either here at the hotel or around the island has not impressed me. I'd say don't come to Cozumel for the food.

Room Tip: Pay for the "concierge-level" service if you like to be pampered a bit.
2 Thank fragglespock
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 15, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here for 15 nights for our honeymoon we thought the resort overall was very good.
Pro's:
- Check in check out was efficient and friendly - plus no one during our stay tried to hassle us to buy a timeshare or membership which has happened at other resorts in Mexico.
- Beds were very comfy, rooms nice, clean and spacious.
- staff were friendly and helpful.
- resort credits meant we could drive for next to nothing.
- we received cakes and sparkling wine twice in our room for our honeymoon and also got a free package including the honeymoon dinner which was the BBB eat meal we had in resort.
- close to town for a change of scenery and although there is no beach we like being able to jump straight into the sea and snorkel
- nice pool area with a fast and frequent drink service
- room service is inclusive which is a nice touch and the fridge and coffee maker in the room are bonus

Con's:
The system for booking diving was ridiculous book a one counter get two different vouchers as we booked bigger tanks, then walk to dive shop give them the voucher and pay marine park fee. They really need to look at an integrated system where you can an do all this at once in one place. Also it would be nice if you could use credit for afternoon diving.

Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple