“Cozumel Palace - incredible service at a very good price”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Cozumel Palace

Cozumel Palace
Ranked #2 of 51 Hotels in Cozumel
Pinehurst, North Carolina, United States
“Cozumel Palace - incredible service at a very good price”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 8, 2013

From the fresh juice, flower, & fresh towels at check-in to the incredible service in the restaurants, this is definitely a resort we will return to soon. The staff went out of their way to provide excellent service. The service, location, & value were what you would expect and deserve on family vacation. The dive shop was outstanding, with pickup at the resort's dock.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,276)
  • Hebrew first
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 6, 2013

This was our fourth trip to the Cozumel Palace and it keeps getting better very time. Upon our arrival one of the staff Heri recognized us and got us drinks and food while we were checking in. The cleanliness of the palace is beyond belief. The food is amazing Chef Vitalli and his staff doing an amazing job there was not a meal that we ate there that was not outstanding. The service and everything about this place is what keeps us coming back again and again.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
4 Thank Michael J
St. Louis
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2013

My husband and I travel to Mexico once a year; we just love this country. I am a middle school Art teacher and find the culture of Mexico very interesting. I learn so much each year that I go and am able to take this culture back to my students. We have stayed in several hotels and found we really liked the Palace Resorts. We have stayed at, or visited most every one. We liked the cozy relaxed atmosphere at the Cozumel Palace. Most of the reviews of the hotel are accurate, it is a nice hotel and the wait staff is great. If you are looking for the negatives,you will find them. The hotel is a nice retreat and I will have to agree with most of the good and bad reviews.
After years of traveling in Mexico, my husband and I decided to buy into their Palace Premier package. We have always stayed away from time shares in the past, but once we sat down and met with the people, we went ahead and purchased a 15 year program.
We were offerd all these "extras" to buy into this plan. We were promised extra Spa time, a rental car, golf cart usage and this was all written in our contract. Actually, here is the first line of our contract, "The member may apply the amount mentioned above by utilizing the membership in the following products and/or services offered by Palace Resorts: Spa Treatments, Car Rental. Golf rounds and Golf equipment rental."

We arrived at the Cozumel Palace and wanted to book these services. We usually book a jeep each year and explore around the island. We tried to do this with our new package and were told NO. At first I was confused, I asked the man why he would not book these services and he told me that is not in my contract. I explained to him that it was and he ignored me. He asked if I brought my contract and I told him that I did not travel with my paperwork. He told me to have someone at my home fax it down. I told him that was not possible and I asked if he could gain access to my signed contract. He told me no. At this time I was a bit upset, I had paid them thousands of dollars to belong to this so called "premier program" and they would not even take the effort to help me. All he wanted me to do is go for a breakfast meeting to go over my package. He was upset with me that I did not want to review my membership. I told him I just purchased this membership two years prior and did not want to waste my vaction meeting with people. He told me they would have this meeting at the Playacar Palace and he would take me there for free. I told him we have already stayed at that Palace and did not want to see the properity again nor did I want to hear someone try and sell me anything else. By this time I was angry they he would not help with my contract and he was trying to push another sales pitch on me.
The next day I then tried to use these extra points to book Spa services that were listed in my contract. They again told me NO. The man at the spa told me I could use it for more trips on ths island, but not spa services. The credit card they give you for these points even says, "SPA credits" on the front. I had no problems the prior year using these services at the Palace in the Dominican. They were more than eager to help me. I spent every day at the Spa at the Hard Rock(Moon Palace) in the Dominican.
I was angry that the Cozumel Palace was giving me the run around. I went to one desk and waited in a long line, and they would just send me to another desk where I waited in even a longer line. My trip was spent in the lobby trying to fix this problem. I tried to email and call the represenatives at the Palace Premier since I was getting no where with the hotel staff. They too ignored my emails and calls. I would get auto response emails letting me know they would contact me in 72 hours and I never heard back from them. By this time I was getting pretty angry. I would talk with the staff daily about this issue. They would just tell me that Palace Premeir would not release these points and they couldn't do anything about it. It was only because of these "extra" services that I agreed to purchase this package. I felt cheated and lied to. I finally got someone to speak to me on the phone at the Palace Premeir; the desk had to call over and then they answered the phone for customer service. They were very rude to me and asked why I would call them on the Spanish speaking line if I did not speak Spanish. I explained that no one would answer the customer service line and the desk had to make this call to get throgh. I asked him to email me my contract. I spoke to him on the phone and asked him to explain the reason for denying these services. He told me that car rental did not mean renting a car. I asked him then what did it mean, and he got off the phone with me. Finally on the fifth day, they agreed to let me use the Spa points, but as I tried to book appointments the spa was full. I then asked about the car rental, they were still telling me no. I was extemely angry by this time. I spent another day talking to staff at the resort and they kept telling me they are working on it, come back in a few hours. Each time I would come back, a new manager would be on duty and I would have to go over the story again. One manager told me they no longer honor car rentals. I said it is written in my contract, she said they changed their policy. I told them they can not just change a contract at will. She told me she could do nothing for me. This then made me even more upset. She put me on the phone with another customer service rep. and he told me the same thing. He told me he had got my past emails. I then asked why he didn't respond and he told me that he had. I argued with him and told him that he did NOT responded to my emails and asked him to forward his so called responses to me. He would not do it (obviously this was another lie form this company). The Palace Premeir package was not going to honor this service. I spoke to several people, emailed several people, called several people and they refused to honor what they put in my contract. My vaction was spent arging with this company.
I had paid a large amount of money to get added services during my trip and they decided not to honor them. The day manager found me and offered me a rental car for one day from the hotel. He said he was sorry for how Palace Premier had treated us.

All in all I was upset with this program, they cheated us and lied to us to get us to sign a contract. They took thousands of dollars from us and promised us all the "extra" services, but had no intention of following through with them. BEWARE OF THE PALACE PREMIER!!!! If they ask you to meet them for breakfast, run the other way as fast as you can! Nothing is worth the headache and misery that this program has caused. It is not worth one dime of extra money. Actually, they offer discounted rooms and better accomidations for the Premier Members, but Apple vacations runs better specials and for the "better" accomidations, they put my in-laws in a room next to they gym on the second floor. I have stayed at the Cozumel Palace several times before becoming a Palace Premier member and have stayed in much better rooms booking though my travel agent. Yes, they did follow through with the 25 minute back massage and mani and pedi that each Premeir member receives, but I am telling you that these services are not worth the thousands of dollars I payed for this program.

SHAME ON YOU PALACE PREMIER!

Room Tip: Do not get a room near gym, poor view and loud.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with family
26 Thank JN6059
Oswego, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 3, 2013

Upon arriving I felt relaxed from the greeting and after that all was simply to nice. Any employee anywhere would try to help anyone,wow.Then the cleanliness A+,Great food a great mix of entertainment and relaxing pools.I scuba also and there is a pier on premises to hop in the boat and go. My wife and I would surly visit here anytime in the future.

Room Tip: I prefer to face the ocean and enjoy the view.
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank Byron O
Dallas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013 via mobile

This was our 10th trip to Cozumel. Usually stay at the adults only Aura. As they are going through changes, we decided to give the Palace a shot. What an amazing place. From the time you enter until you leave, you are treated like royalty. The thing that we noticed that was different than any place else was the amount of staff and the happiness of staff. There were plenty of folks working, they enjoyed working together, and they really understood the importance of customer service. The food selection and quality was better than any place we've ever been in the world. Combine the great service, exceptional food, and quality property, Cozumel Palace has some new clients. I applaud the owners, managers, and company for being in tune with the customers needs and wants. Rarely do you find a place that has it figured out so well. For the price and the resort credit, you can't beat the incredible stay at Cozumel Palace. Beds are firm, diving is a longer boat ride, but the trade off of everything else being superior to any other place on the island is worth it. Trust me when I say you'll love your stay at the Cozumel Palace!

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
5 Thank Tubby_KA
Cleveland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 2, 2013

Glorious, awesome, wonderful, terrific, unbelieveable need I say more. Cozumel Palace defines completely what a true all-inclusive resort should be. The attention to detail, the customer service, the hospitality of all the staff members from Concierge to wait staff and maintenance people was superb. Their friendliness was genuine and everyone who is employed there has an infectious smile you can't help but love. Talk about "work ethic" exemplary!!!!! Only wish we could find those same qualities here in the USA.....I have never been on a true vacation, and this certainly comes as close as I will ever experience. Here's a short description,wake up go to a bountiful breakfast buffet, cooked to order eggs, waffles, pancakes fresh fruit, meats and on and on, then relax by the pool , where the outside staff are johnny-on-the-spot to refresh your drinks, time for lunch ooh my what a luncheon menu, fresh everything cooked to order burgers, fresh fish, pasta light desserts, (chocolate cake yum) so many choices it's hard to decide, relax again, do a little snorkeling(best I've experienced and right at your doorstep) come in for dinner either get refreshed or eat in your cover-up and the same delightful cuisine again and again. No need to worry about variety, you can have whatever you want to eat where you want to indulge. There are three great restaurants and a poolside grill. Oh and did I mention desserts "incredible"!!!!! The evening entertainment was terrific and there is a different show every night. For a truly splendid, relaxing, indulge yourself vacation in Cozumel you need look no further, stay at the Cozumel Palace. I realize this is not a professional podium for reviews, but this is as honest as it gets. Go there, enjoy and you will be saying the same things. Say "hi" to FILI for me he is awesome.

Room Tip: Ocean view rooms, hammock on the balcony, hot tub in the room, the fridge is stocked with abundant...
  • Stayed June 2013, traveled with friends
3 Thank MsCBJ
illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 1, 2013

Cozumel palace is by far the best resort in cozumel. Beautiful rooms with great views.comfy beds. Delicious food and drinks. Every staff member here is a 10! Very courteous and they are always so friendly. They actually act happy here. They work very hard. I really appreciate their hospitality. Wonderful pool. This was our second visit here.the last time we were there,I enjoyed a beach area that was away from the pool and noise. To my dismay there are signs there now that state the area is reserved for VIPs. Which I understand members are important to them,but so are regular guests. Does it have to say vip? Incidentally we paid for concierge level,which was considerably more money. Would I come back? Yes,very nice resort.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple