Let me start by saying that we never actually spent the night here. We were staying at the Sun Palace in Cancun (which is the best, period). We decided to venture out and took the ferry to Cozumel, and decided to visit a sister hotel, the Cozumel Palace. When we inquired at the front desk about spending the night, the person (Sara - who - IMHO - should not be working the front desk) was quite rude in her approach to telling us that since we left our things in our room at the Sun Palace (yeah no [--], we paid for that room), that we would have to pay for a room at the Coz Palace. OK - I didn't actually expect to get a room for free. But when she said we would have to pay $402 for a room, that's when the conversation went bad, the UGLY. She was so rude about it. We walked away, and went and had our way with the place, since we could. We swam in the pool, ordered a few drinks, enjoyed the sunset and the band. They did give us a hospitality room to cleanup for dinner. The room was dirty, already used and used towels all around. Not impressed.........at............all. We went to dinner at the Mexican restaurant. It was just so/so. After dinner, decided to check again at the front desk about a room, and now the price was only $300. Isabel was very nice about it. It's amazing how two different people can basically be telling you the same thing, but because of a better attitude, it comes off so much better. She even got the night manager (Alfredo) involved. The price was getting better, but still not good enough. Not when we could take advantage of everything else here. I could not pay that much just to rest our heads. So I looked up another hotel on Kayak (Hotel B) and stayed there for $110 with tax. Just a bit of a scooter ride up the street.
I do not understand why the Coz Palace would do that? They knew we were staying at their sister resort, so we could take advantage of the all-inclusive bene's at their hotel too. They obviously had a room open, since they were quoting us prices. They chose to leave the room empty for the night instead of getting a couple hundred bucks out of us? I probably would have paid $200 if they would have just said that in the first place. It cannot cost that much to clean the room.
So we left and slept elsewhere. We came back to Cozumel Palace the next day and got some towels and waters, the staff was very nice. While leaving our bags there, we took off for the day of sightseeing around the island.
Overall - Cozumel Palace left us disappointed, and hence the bad review.
- Isabel: She was so nice and pleasant. Again she was pretty much telling us the same thing as Sara, but in a much better way. She even tried calling the Hotel B to make us a reservation, but I could get a better price myself on Kayak. I gave her $10 anyway.
- Other servers and waiters, front desk staff - holding bags, getting towels, waters, etc.
- the view - the western exposure makes for a beautiful sunset
- Alfredo, the night manager - who should have made a better decision to offer us something other than the street price - especially since we were staying at a sister hotel.
- no beach
- hotel seems kind of small and cramped
- Sara, very rude leaving a terrible first impression. She should be in the back room somewhere, not at the front desk.
- the dirty hospitality room
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Not too long ago, Cozumel Island was revealed to the world with all its charm. Now adventure travelers, divers and nature lovers are discovering the all-inclusive, luxurious Cozumel Palace, the stunning resort bathed by the blue waters of the Caribbean Sea. Experience the true meaning of luxury and fun. Enjoy the amenities and attention to detail from the moment you arrive. Our Cozumel Palace will take your breath away! Ideal for families, couples and adventure travelers who love diving and snorkeling. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, BookIt.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Travelocity, Hotwire, Hotels.com, HotelsClick, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com, Priceline and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cozumel Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cozumel Palace Hotel Cozumel
- Palace Hotel Cozumel
- Plaza Las Glorias Cozumel
- Palace Cozumel
- Cozumel Palace Resort