This is hands down the best resort we've ever been to. It's impeccably clean, the staff gets to know your name, the food is better than the food we eat in Canada, and it's so nice inside.
We traveled April 29th - May 5th for our honeymoon.
The staff is super friendly and the best customer service I've had in a long time. The resort is smaller, so they get to know your name personally! Therestia (I'm probably spelling her name wrong) the hostess at the restaurants is adorable! She is so sweet and kind. Abraham the doorman is great. Loronzo the pool waiter is attentive and hardworking. Carlos at the Mexican restaurant is great as well, and their entertainment staff are FANTASTIC. They are too much fun! We really enjoyed playing cards and volleyball with them.
The resort credits are nice, but you have to pay the 11% tax on your spa visits or trips. Which is fine - $30 for a couple to swim with the dolphins is a great price. You can only use $300 of the resort credits at the spa however, so don't think you're going there for massages, pedicures and facials every day like I thought, haha.
Rent a Jeep and drive down the coast. It is beautiful. You cannot use the resort credits for this, but it's worth the $99.
Let's go back to the food again - the buffet is out of this world. It's so fresh and changes often. We did not get bored of the food there. The restaurants have many gluten free options which is nice. However, they do not have very many vegetarian options - maybe 1 or 2 on each restaurant menu.
The rooms are beautiful with the spa tub in the middle - definitely a couples thing though. If you have a family with children, it might not be your cup of tea. That being said, I think I only saw 5 kids the week were there. More of a couples place.
You get to use their sister resort, PlayaCar Palace, if you want to take a day trip to Playa del Carmen which is a nice perk! All inclusive drinks and lunch on the mainland is a great idea! Plus, they have the white sand beach Cozumel dose not, so it's nice to be able to swim in the ocean.
We chose Cozumel Palace because we love snorkeling and we were drawn by the fact that we can jump off the deck into the ocean. That being said, the snorkeling was just okay. Maybe the time of year was off for us. We went to Chankanaab National Park, and the snorkeling there was better, even though it was really choppy and rough in the water that day (there were a few storms when we were there).
The ferry ride to and from Playa del Carmen is ROUGH. Bring Gravol and watch the horizon to get through it. We both almost got sick.
Overall, one word to describe this place: AMAZING. We will return to Palace resorts because of our outstanding visit to Cozumel Palace.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Not too long ago, Cozumel Island was revealed to the world with all its charm. Now adventure travelers, divers and nature lovers are discovering the all-inclusive, luxurious Cozumel Palace, the stunning resort bathed by the blue waters of the Caribbean Sea. Experience the true meaning of luxury and fun. Enjoy the amenities and attention to detail from the moment you arrive. Our Cozumel Palace will take your breath away! Ideal for families, couples and adventure travelers who love diving and snorkeling. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Hotels.com, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cozumel Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cozumel Palace Hotel Cozumel
- Palace Hotel Cozumel
- Plaza Las Glorias Cozumel
- Palace Cozumel
- Cozumel Palace Resort