“Fabulous resort”
Review of Cozumel Palace

Cozumel Palace
Ranked #3 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
Reviewed March 3, 2013

We loved this resort & felt totally pampered our entire stay. The staff was so attentive & gracious & always helpful. The food was delicious with a daily array of fresh fruits and vegetables and fish. The selection of drinks was unbelievable. The staff at the pool was so hard working and always there with another drink. We enjoyed the variety of restaurants. We had stayed at this resort 9 years ago when it was Plaza Los Glorios. We enjoyed it then, but it has really been upgraded. A real first class resort. We were certified there by Aqua Safari in 2004 and came back mostly to scuba dive. The amazing diving with Agua Safari was the highlight of our trip, but we really enjoyed the rest and relaxation afterwards at the Cozumel Palace. We will definitely come back.

Room Tip: The higher the room, the better the view
1  Thank Luv2scubacozumel
There are newer reviews for Cozumel Palace

Reviewed March 3, 2013

I just returned from my second time at the Cozumel Palace. It was even better the second time around if that is possible! Many of the staff members remembered us from a year ago...some even by name. My son goes to dive...my 92 year old mother goes for "fun"! The attention is wonderful. My husband and I walked to town one day, leaving my mother by the pool knowing she would be well looked after! There were tears in our eyes and a few of the staff as we said our good-byes. Fili, Rroger, Ricardo, Daniel, Gabriel, Camila just to name a few. We can't wait go back next year!!

Room Tip: I believe it was coincidental that we got the same room we had last year...a corner room on the 4th...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed March 2, 2013

Excellent service and facilities, they made us feel welcome almost family like. The food was top notch and readily available. The location was great in relation to the town and airport. The only negative was the lack of beach area but hat was easily overcome with the many choices of activities.

6  Thank Douglas B
Reviewed March 2, 2013

If you want a first class all-inclusive resort, then this is for you. The staff cannot do enough for you. They truly are very sincere and want your stay to be perfect. My husband and I enjoyed the nightly entertainment. The fire show and break dancing are a must see. The food was very good and we really liked the oriental and Italian the best. The morning buffet breakfast had a huge selection and after filling your plate one of the waters would bring the plate to your. We ordered coffee to the room each morning and each morning they were very prompt and so courteous. Though I do not drink much, they offered any drink you wanted using brand named liquor. From the hotel we were able to see the cruise ships go by to the docking port. The location for us was great. We were able to walk to down easily within a slow 10 minute stroll. We took a taxi for $10.00 for 4 to visit Paradise Beach which was so clean and beautiful. Paradise beach had lots of water sports on the beachfront as well as snorkeling. They also had a beautiful pool bar that was sparkling clean overlooking the beach. We will definitely be headed back again.

Room Tip: Take advantage of the hotel credits they give you as a promotion to upgrade to a waterfront suite. G...
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Grabo59
Reviewed March 1, 2013 via mobile

Normally we don't stay at all inclusive resorts since we like being off the beaten path and away from the crowd, but this resort changed our minds. The resort is smaller and more intimate than your typical all inclusive, and that is what stands out. We would like to extend a thank you to Gabriel Chan for your wonderful hospitality and local dining tips. We will come back again.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank 42FlyGirl
Reviewed February 27, 2013

My husband and I just spent a week at Cozumel Palace. The staff is unbelievable. They are so attentive, friendly and genuinely concerned about the guests' happiness. I tried to keep track of the names of the most perfect employees, but the list was endless. I can only hope that the resort adequately compensates their employees, because they make the resort what it is.
The setting is beautiful. The location is perfect. The building itself is beautiful. I had read some reviews stating that it could have been cleaner. Not true. It's not a new building, but it is very clean. Every surface of the resort is cleaned every day. Floors bleached, etc. The food is excellent. The snorkling at the resort was as good as the snorkling we did on excursions. After check-out, as we were waiting for our taxi to take us to the airport, the housekeeper in our room, called the front desk because she had found my earrings. She brought them down to me, and I tried to tip her for being so honest and literally running them downstairs. She refused the tip, and gave me a hug. To the owners of Cozumel Palace......Please pay those employees well. They are the best !!!!!!

Room Tip: 5th floor, south side-very quiet.
3  Thank DiDonatos
Reviewed February 26, 2013

Laugh due to happiness that is- My partner and I just returned from our perfect stay at Cozumel Palace. We vacationed from 2/12-2/18 to celebrate my birthday. I researched endlessly on which resort would fit our desperate need to relax and party. We were more than impressed. I don't want to be long winded (I will), but really want other prospective Cozumel Palace visitors to get why we loved it. We have vacationed at other all-inclusives (Punta Cana, Cancun) and cruised quite a bit. In Sept we traveled to, and thought, Iberostar Bavaro in Punta Cana was perfect. Boy, did we not know what "perfect" was. We ordered airport transport w/ "thisiscozumel" which was a breeze.
Upon arrival we used some resort credits to upgrade to an ocean view room. It was gorgeous! Now we don't usually participate in resort activities (though the vacationers who witnessed our ridiculousness may be think otherwise), but with the kind guests, fantastic crew and fun daily/nightly events, we couldn't help ourselves. We did everything! Danced, played loteria and lost many competitions but had a riot. Special thanks to Carlos & Hugo our greet/credit spending guides, Elvira, Philip and David in the restaurant, Jesus our "pink swirl" beverage maker and most of all.... the ones who let us embarrass ourselves the most, Silvia and Danny.
Food here is great, drinks are a plenty, room service/housekeeping are awesome, the entertainment was so fun!! Jump in and play the games, it's worth the giggles later. We used our resort credits for Stingray Beach,which was better than it looks (Stingray Island in the Caymans made us slightly snotty lol). Pedro was awesome, took initiative to take my waterproof camera down to the bottom to get some great shots! Thanks Pedro! We also went snorkeling and were blessed to witness an eagle ray, giant parrot fish and barracuda passing by. We upgraded the wine, but found we liked the house better. Lastly we had massages (after a 2hr heinous atv ride) they were delicious. Wi-fi is free if you have a honey who must work/or kids to check in on.The jacuzzi tub is a bonus. I literally have nothing bad to say. Please go, you won't regret it. Venture through Cozumel, it's quaint and everyone's so friendly. Tip,tip and tip it's always appreciated though not required. We can't wait to return!

Room Tip: We stayed in 216 which was convenient to the lobby and pool. We didn't here any outside traffic...
7  Thank Jessica S