We stayed at the Palace for two weeks from the 16th September, the weather was ok but a couple of rainy days. First of all there is the well documented issue of the palace credits. First of all they are not all a rip off. What you have to remember is that you have to pay 11% tax on the credits you use. as an example we used the credits for a days diving on a hard boat with two dives, the cost to us was six dollars, hardly a rip off. On the other hand we had a romantic meal, cost of credits $350.00, we had to pay the 11% tax only, now the meal was good, but all the meals at the palace are good, this year they did not include the lobster, so not a bargain by any means. Last year the chefs came out regularly with titbits they had prepared, not so much this year. Probably budget cuts have hit them too. Credits can also be spent on a trip to the dolphins, only a hundred yards awayalso a great deal and a visit to the stingrays and spa, also excellent value for money. So NOT a rip off!
The only real disappointment we had was on our last day the hotel was opened up to over a hundred guests from a cruise ship. They spent the day shouting, getting drunk, causing arguments and being sick. we of course complained, particularly as there was no warning, we would have taken the day out of the hotel if we had been warned. This is not what we expected from this hotel. we were offered a honeymoon dinner, however as we were all inclusive this was little comfort and we did not accept. In summary a lovely island and still a nice hotel, if you are going ask if there are any functions like this planned.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Not too long ago, Cozumel Island was revealed to the world with all its charm. Now adventure travelers, divers and nature lovers are discovering the all-inclusive, luxurious Cozumel Palace, the stunning resort bathed by the blue waters of the Caribbean Sea. Experience the true meaning of luxury and fun. Enjoy the amenities and attention to detail from the moment you arrive. Our Cozumel Palace will take your breath away! Ideal for families, couples and adventure travelers who love diving and snorkeling. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, Expedia, Booking.com, Priceline, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Cheap Tickets, TripOnline SA and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cozumel Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cozumel Palace Hotel Cozumel
- Palace Hotel Cozumel
- Plaza Las Glorias Cozumel
- Palace Cozumel
- Cozumel Palace Resort