“Mostly the best! There have been changes!”
Review of Cozumel Palace

Cozumel Palace
Ranked #2 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
Reviewed October 8, 2012

We stayed at the Palace for two weeks from the 16th September, the weather was ok but a couple of rainy days. First of all there is the well documented issue of the palace credits. First of all they are not all a rip off. What you have to remember is that you have to pay 11% tax on the credits you use. as an example we used the credits for a days diving on a hard boat with two dives, the cost to us was six dollars, hardly a rip off. On the other hand we had a romantic meal, cost of credits $350.00, we had to pay the 11% tax only, now the meal was good, but all the meals at the palace are good, this year they did not include the lobster, so not a bargain by any means. Last year the chefs came out regularly with titbits they had prepared, not so much this year. Probably budget cuts have hit them too. Credits can also be spent on a trip to the dolphins, only a hundred yards awayalso a great deal and a visit to the stingrays and spa, also excellent value for money. So NOT a rip off!
The only real disappointment we had was on our last day the hotel was opened up to over a hundred guests from a cruise ship. They spent the day shouting, getting drunk, causing arguments and being sick. we of course complained, particularly as there was no warning, we would have taken the day out of the hotel if we had been warned. This is not what we expected from this hotel. we were offered a honeymoon dinner, however as we were all inclusive this was little comfort and we did not accept. In summary a lovely island and still a nice hotel, if you are going ask if there are any functions like this planned.

Room Tip: Have your first free dive at the hotel then use Dive paradise, turn left out of the hotel and walk a...
3  Thank DaveTurner

Reviewed October 7, 2012

My fiance and I went here in April for vacation. Upon arrival we were greeted with a nice cold drink and used the credits to upgrade our room. The upgrade was great except they put you on the first floor near all the stores and salon. To me that room location doesn't really feel like I'm secluded or staying in a hotel. With that said the rooms were clean and nice.

Now to the part of the trip that wasn't so pleasant. On the 2nd to last night we were there, my fiance and I ate at the Italian Restaurant. Once we were seated we noticed how hot it was in the dining room. Well he ordered a chicken pesto meal with pasta and I ordered a pasta meal with chicken. Before coming I read some reviews to be aware of the meat so as I'm always paranoid I wouldn't eat my chicken. My fiance ended up eating his and lets just say three hours later he was sicker then a dog. I don't think I have ever seen someone so miserable. I mentioned this to the front desk and no one seemed to care. I feel that after seeing the food preparation and the way meat just sits around and is discolored when taken out of refrigerator, that I will never go back to this resort. I know that food poisoning can happen anywhere but if you saw the way the meat looked I wouldn't eat it if I were you. So the last two days were miserable and all we wished was that we could go home.

Otherwise the pool was nice but if you are looking for any beach I wouldn't go to Cozumel. Lets just say we will never return to any part of Mexico again, as we were disappointed when we went to Cancun a few years back. Having been to Aruba, St. Thomas, Bahamas, Hawaii, and St. Martin I wouldn't waste my money in Mexico.

• Stayed: April 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank moshiekm
Reviewed October 5, 2012

Good drinks, good food, great service! After a disappointing stay at the El Cozumeleño, my husband and I switched hotels for the last two days at our trip. What we missed at "El Coz" we got at the Cozumel palace...plus some. If you are looking to relax and be comfortable, this is the place to stay. Everything we ate and drank was great, even lunch by the pool. And to top it off they upgraded our room free of charge. I would definitely go back! We've stayed at many all inclusive resorts in Quintana Roo and this was definitely one of the best.

Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank MigedyMigedyMAK
Reviewed October 5, 2012

We needed a get away and we found the perfect place. The staff was very good to my wife and I. From the cool wash cloth to the last handshake before getting in a taxi for the trip home.
The staff went above and beyond to make our trip easy. Off season and we had a great time without crowds. Ocean view rooms are great ,breakfeast on the balcony. 24/7 Room service menu has something for everyone. Just get on a plane and relax and let the Cozumel Palace take you away.

• Stayed: September 2012
2  Thank 6969Shawn
Reviewed October 3, 2012 via mobile

My husband and I really had a great stay here. Our first trip to Mexico. The service was the Best we have ever Had!! I have travelled to 18 countries since 2004. You could snorkel and see great things right off the pier at the hotel. My husband scuba dives and had a great experience with their dive shop with small trips and great service and safety awareness. The romantic dinner on the beach is a must!! Excellent food and beverages. They had some good entertainers in the evenings as well. The staff is very attentive and helpful. My husband is a chef and we were both impressed by the quality of the food. We give this resort 5 thumbs up Linda Freudenberger ,

• Stayed: September 2012
Reviewed October 2, 2012

The day of check in was a very good experience.
-Check in process was both in Spanish & English - very impressive
-went over all the inclusive package deal & amenities
-went over our hotel credits that was given to us during booking
-this resort is family owned & pays for English classes for their employees - all staff spoke English

Room:
-upgraded
-pool view w/ hammock & ocean view
-great size
-hot tub
-best bar ever!
-security box included
-a bottle of wine
-bubble bath

Services:
-phenomenal
-hardly had to go to the bar
-concierge was great helped us book all our activities
-everyone was polite, energetic & very welcoming
-very clean resort
-activities everyday
-very engaging place
-safe

Overall this was a awesome resort. Right by downtown, great view, great services, good food, room services! the best all inclusive package I have invested in so far. The island itself was great with a Mexican caribbean feel to it. It is a very beautiful place! Not too congested or crazy like Cancun, very relaxing! Love it, and would def. come back again. Recommend this resort to everyone.

Room Tip: If you have credit within your all inclusive package deal, upgrade the room its worth it!
2  Thank Kathryn D
Reviewed October 2, 2012

love love love the staff, they make you feel like family and will go out of their way to make sure your stay is as good as it can possibly be. Clean modern hotel, spacious clean rooms with fantastic food and a beautiful view. You can't go wrong choosing a Palace hotel in Mexico.

2  Thank JBGramz