“Very good,BUT!” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #1 of 51 Hotels in Cozumel
Sequim, Washington
“Very good,BUT!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

I found the experience to be very good. Our room ,conceirge level, was large, clean and bright. The view was beautiful. The staff was always friendly and helpful, as were the people of Cozumel. I thought the food was good and plentiful. I found items I didn't like but that is a subjective thing. I also found food that I loved. The kitchen staff even prepared special dishes using the fish we caught on a charter fishing trip.( the boat picked us up at the hotel's private on-site dock.) There was always someone waiting to serve us a drink when we sat down at the pool, in the lobby or in a restaurant.
Being able to snorkle without leaving the property was very cool. The water was clear and warm. My wife and son spent many hours in the water at the hotel and never lacked things to see and photograph. They took a trip to a couple of different reefs and thought the experience was better at the hotel.
I would rate the hotel as excellent except for I found that the mattress was so hard in my room that I was only able to get a couple of hours of sleep each night. I asked for a foam pad but could only get a couple of cloth mattress pads that did not offer much relief. To be fair, my wife thought the bed was fine. I am a big man and have little tolerance for hard surfaces. An upscale mattress is not too much to ask for at the price point of this hotel. Especially at the " Upgraded Concierge Level". If you are of average size and weight you will probably be OK with the beds. But if you are bigger than average try to make some arrangement for a better bed with management prior to the reservation. I liked the place well enough to return but not if they don't bring the beds up to the same level of luxury as the rest of the property.

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
2 Thank kindlefreak

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (1,266)
  • Hebrew first
Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 2, 2012

The Cozumel Palace has become a home away from home for my wife and I. Since our honeymoon there we have been back twice and could not possibly be any happier with any of our stays.

The entire, and I mean ENTIRE staff are friendly, outgoing, and welcoming to you from the moment you walk into the door.

The rooms are amazing! Large, clean and well stocked with drinks and toiletries.

The food is one of the best parts of the hotel. Mulitple resturants all offer amazing food without you even having to leave the resort.

If you are planning a honeymoon, or just want a great trip away from it all, the Cozumel Palace is THE place to go.

Tips- The resort credits are great, and aparently from reading some of the more recent reviews, and too much for some people to figure out. You get between 500 and 2000 "dollars" to use on things that the resort sets up for you. My personal reccomendations are the dolphin and stingray experiences, which are super fun, as well as the dinner on the beach (plan to be there at sunset and it is a great pic opportunity, and finally my wife reccomends the spa. (She says its great, I wouldnt know lol)

Bottom line- best resort in the world! Just go, relax and have fun. I truly believe people who post poor review can not be pleased. If you have a bad trip here, its because of you, not anything to do with the staff or hotel which bend over backwards to make your trip memorable.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
8 Thank brando09
Warwick, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

My wife and I have stayed at this hotel many times and we try to avoid the conceirge that wants to grab you as soon as you walk in.Just like at the airport! The staff is great but the music at the pool area is not condusive to this type of hotel

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with family
1 Thank greenhouse095
Kewaskum, Wisconsin
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

We stayed at the Cozumel Palace-DUMP!!It's all fine and dandy when you walk in the resort, but try to redeem your $1500 credits, everything you want to buy has tripled in price. The steak&lobster dinner on the beach(no beach 30x30 sand filled piece of land) was a giant prawn and a steak medallion cost $350. bottle of wine $125. spa service linited to $300 per room.You end up wasting your credits-The rooms were somewaht clean, just don't use the jacquizzi, seems someone lost a pube, pools had floaties everywhere, empty drink glasses, food trays in hallways.They say you get biosilk bathing products, you do the first night then you get some watered down stuff that I wouldn't give my dog a bath with. Food looks good but tastes awful.Watch out for timeshare Teddy!

• Stayed February 2012, traveled with friends
9 Thank rosalee z
colorado
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 1, 2012

First - please be advised that this is not a review of the quality of the hotel itself; rather, it is to inform you of what to expect should you need a refund from the Palace Resorts.

We had booked a week in December at Cozumel Palace through one of our friends who is a member. Unfortunately, we had to cancel our stay. They were very courteous in handling the cancellation and informed us that we would be refunded the full amount paid (we paid in full when reserving). One week later, the refund still hadn't been processed. I was told that the member sponsor needed to contact them to authorize the refund, which they did. We were then told it would take 6-8 weeks to process the refund (rather difficult to believe it would take this long given today's technology).

It has been 10 weeks since I've cancelled the reservation (8 since the members called on our behalf to authorize the cancellation), and I have yet to receive a refund. Both the members and I have called and emailed multiple times to check the status. I am sorry to say customer service has been less than helpful - they have been dismissive and have been unable to provide any information as to the status of the refund.

I am very disappointed and angry at how we have been treated by the resort. Please be careful when making a deposit or payment, as they seem very reluctant to return it should you need to cancel.

• Stayed December 2011, traveled as a couple
10 Thank psych101
Owasso
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 29, 2012

My wife and I stayed eight days at the Cozumel Palace. Nothing is usually perfect but our stay would have been perfect if not for the Concierge. You remove them from the vacation equation, as we did after the second day, and you will have a perfect stay. I travel the world and I say the hotel staff (minus the un-needed concierges) at Cozumel Palace are the best in the world. They are friendly and take very good care of the hotel guests. The food was fabulous and plentiful. There were four selection of restaurant (oriental, mexican, italian, and the poolside grill. Even with a full hotel, seats were plentiful...poolside enjoyed live shows each night. The rooms were spacious and comfortable, very clean and staff went above and beyond to keep them clean and add welcoming touches. It was just amazing how welcome the staff made us. I highly recommend Cozumel Palace for couples or families...with this caveat. Tell the conceirge to take a hike. First, they will try and hard sell you into a 90 minute presentation...selling...time shares, vacation packages...not sure. Second, they will say they are there for your needs but to me they were there just to get you to the presentation. Third, once they are past the hard sell, they are not much use...We had Jorge set up a jeep rental which arrived at a much higher price than he quoted, left us setting in the lobby waiting for the rental company to arrive for over an hour. All I can say bout the concierge is more of the same.....However, the rest of the staff more than makes up for the minute discomfort brought on by these concierge...This hotel is worth the stay.

Room Tip: I had a junior suite on the fifth floor...great view...private jacuzzi...private balconey with hammo...
  • Stayed February 2012, traveled as a couple
4 Thank RMA P
bathurst
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 27, 2012

Stayed 2 weeks. 1 at the Beach palace in cancun, and 1 at the palace in Cozumel. We arranged everything before we left, including transfers. Should have known all would not go well when we didn't get the room we reserved at the beach palace. For the transfer they dropped us at the playa car palace and pointed the way to the ferry. From there we were on our own. Finally arriving at the Cozumel palace after arranging the ferry and walking from the ferry to the hotel, we are met with no guarantee of a transfer (which was prearranged) back to cancun, unless I sign a waiver holding them not responsible in the event I miss the plane. Who ever said membership had it's privileges. I so far spent a total of 6 hrs trying to get this fixed, and today it's all new people, so we need to start again. My advice.....do not become palace members

• Stayed February 2012