We spent 8 nights at the Coz Palace from 11/11 to 11/19. Without a doubt, we can echo the positive reviews about the food, cleanliness of the resort, excellent snorkeling, friendliness and quality service from the bar and waitstaff and room amenities. From the 'basics' of living in a new place for week, here are some additional thoughts:
- The noise in the rooms from the hallway is a real issue. I wore ear plugs and wasn't bothered but my spouse was awoken numerous times from people in the hallway at late hours and door closings. Don't know how to correct this other than sound deadening in the halls and around the doors.
- The bathroom water pressure and hot water was great, never had any problems at all and the water is potable.
- The balconies are large and usable. We spent the early mornings out there on the hammock prepping our minds for a day of relaxation.
- We split on upgrading to the conscierge. Our first room on the 4th floor was louder but had a softer bed than the room on the 5th floor. I liked the added amenities like the pillow menu and aromatherapy as well as expanded room service menu and the better view. If you don't spend a lot of time in the room, save the 380 credits.
- The bed was firm, but softer than any other room we've had in the caribbean.
- The hot tub was huge, and we enjoyed using it and the bubble bath.
On the resort itself and location
- The liquor selection was pretty good, but you have to ask if you want something you don't see!
- The 'romantic dinner' is not worth 350 credits if you have excursions you'd rather do, although it was a nice dinner.
- The store across the street was great, and we used it a number of times for personal products and ginger ale (which they didn't have for some reason).
- It's a 5 minute walk downtown to the pier shops, and probably 15 to the ferry dock.
- It's worth a walk next door and up the elevator to Prima's for a drink or piece of pie.
- There is a peso ATM in the resort.
- The resort doesn't really push it too much, but there is a time share push that goes with your 1500 resort credit orientation. Our person turned to stone and hurried us along when we said we weren't interested.
Overall, we'd return in a heartbeat.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Not too long ago, Cozumel Island was revealed to the world with all its charm. Now adventure travelers, divers and nature lovers are discovering the all-inclusive, luxurious Cozumel Palace, the stunning resort bathed by the blue waters of the Caribbean Sea. Experience the true meaning of luxury and fun. Enjoy the amenities and attention to detail from the moment you arrive. Our Cozumel Palace will take your breath away! Ideal for families, couples and adventure travelers who love diving and snorkeling. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Priceline, Expedia, TravelUp, Booking.com, BookIt.com, Travelocity, Hotwire, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Cozumel Palace reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Cozumel Palace Hotel Cozumel
- Palace Hotel Cozumel
- Plaza Las Glorias Cozumel
- Palace Cozumel
- Cozumel Palace Resort