Great trip and great hotel. This is not an all inclusive but it works out for the best. Cozumel is easy to navigate and is oriented towards visitors, so you don't want to be tied to the hotel.
Short drive from airport, check in very smooth. Had an ocean view room and was not dissapointed.
Dined at bar/restaraunt, oceanfront restaraunt, & alfredo's restaraunt. Food was good, not super expensive for being on resort. Service excellent at alfredo's, good at others. Staff very friendly, spoke english well. Room service was prompt and friendly.
Had nice pools but stuck to the beach. Also had "pyramids" with iguanas which was cool. Beach is not a real beach, there are two small areas where the sand meets the water, otherwise it is mostly rocks. However this is because there is great snorkling right off the docks. Saw a small barracuda among other fish. Dive shops pick up from the hotel docks also.
Staff was accomodating with setting up restaraunts, etc. offsite. Did not in any way give us a hard sell or much sell at all on condos.
I would highly recommend renting a car to visit the other areas of the island rather than booking trips. There is a major brand car rental at the hotel. Other side of island has rolling surf and large sandy beaches which are free of tourists. The ecopark was nice, very nice beach, saw various birds and crocodiles (gators?). Beware that snorkling is very far offshore and is not enclosed by bouys. National park had good snorkling and decent beach, got pretty busy late AM. Coconuts restaraunt on other side of island has decent food, cold beer, & a cool view. Did not spend much time in the city except driving. I did feel that when getting gas I was ripped off (It is full service) since I could not see the meter, in addition to being metric and paying in pesos. I ended up paying about $11 to fill up when gauge was still touching "Full". Although I would rent a car again in a second!
Overall the hotel was excellent, somewhat pricey considering the amount of time spent off property, but certainly wonderfull to come back to!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Presidente InterContinental Cozumel Resort & Spa is the perfect balance of energy and ease. Adventurers love the scuba centre and nearby Chankanaab Park. Bringing the kids? The resort s Chiqui Club will keep them busy all day. When you want a slightly slower pace, you can head for our stretch of white sand, the exotic Mandara Spa or Cozumel s shops.After a 25 million dollar investment, this resort offers upgraded facilities and a unique vacation experience for the discerning traveler. The place to discover three experiences: great Dive, unique Spa treatments and Golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with BookIt.com, IHG, Expedia, Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Orbitz, Hotwire, Cancelon, HotelQuickly and getaroom.com so you can book your Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Presidente Intercontinental Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Presidente Intercontinental Cozumel Resort And Spa
- Intercontinental Cozumel
- El Presidente Cozumel
- Cozumel Presidente