“Amazing Snorkeling!!”

Ranked #4 of 51 Hotels in Cozumel
Norwalk, Ohio
“Amazing Snorkeling!!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 25, 2014

My SO and I just returned from this resort a few weeks ago! Overall our trip to the presidente was wonderful! We stayed there for 7 days! We never had to leave the resort for food because we found a large variety of food to choose from that was very good and had decent prices! We paid when we booked to have the breakfast buffet included daily and I was very happy with that decision! They had a large buffet for breakfast and it was open until 11a.m so you were able to go eat late and not be hungry again until supper! Every day we went to the bar by the pool for happy hour that was from 5p to 7p, the bartenders were great and made us strong drinks! We also enjoyed the chips and guacamole while drinking at happy hour! Every night for supper we went to the restaurant where the breakfast buffet was and they had a great menu to pick from! Just a warning their portion sizes are pretty big and the appetizers are the size of a meal so do not order too many things, we learned the hard way that they give you a lot of food, which was great after we figured out only to order one dish for each of us! We did get room service one night for dinner which was wonderful, they brought us our food with in 20 mins and set up our table nice for us like we were out to dinner! The fitness room was pretty decent, they kept it well stocked with water and very cool in there! My SO bought me a 50 minute massage from the spa and all though it was very expensive I will tell you that I have had many massages back home and on other vacations and this is the best one by far that I have ever had! Well worth the money! They did keep the towels by the pool very well stocked and it was such a relief to be able to grab towels when ever you wanted to instead of worrying about a towel card or exchanging them with someone daily! We had a beach front room, the room size and lay out was not the best I have been in but pretty good! I will say that being able to walk right out the back door to the ocean and to snorkel was awesome! We bought snorkel gear from the gift shop for 30 dollars and then rented fins from the dive shop for 6 dollars a day which was not too bad and very easy to do! The staff that we encountered were great and we were never bothered by anyone for time shares or anything else which is always great! We had an amazing trip and we are already talking about going back soon!!

1 Thank Jennifer B
Henry W, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 26, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We are glad to hear about your excellent stay. We work hard to maintain our facilities and ensure service that will exceed our guest’s expectations and we are delighted you had the chance experience them. As you wrote, our food is delicious in all our restaurants, and the snorkeling on the turquoise waters are amazing!

We look forward to seeing you again on your next visit. Thank you again for your review and hope you return to our hotel soon.

Cordially,

Henry Walther

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
  • Hebrew first
North Royalton, Ohio
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 23, 2014

We stayed for 4 nights and absolutely felt the service was TOP NOTCH! The people are extremely accommodating and always put the customer first with a smile. The resort is big but walking through is easy because of it's beauty and upkeep. We stayed in room 3124 which the back side faces the adult only pool and the boat entry to their docks. It has easy access to the far end of the beach through a walk way. The service was excellent on the beach, by the time you put your flag up the staff was there within minutes. The drink and food at the resort is costly so we tried the restaurant in town only to find most of the food bland. Our last night and morning we ate at Alfredos in the resort and it was the best meal and service we had. We then had breakfast before leaving and it too was excellent. The rooms were spacious and clean with minor issues that can be overlooked because of the service. The bed (king) wasn't that bad but I only sleep on a tempur pedic so I'm not sure my review is fair. Overall, I would return in a hearty beat. We love snorkeling and was a little disappointed because the ocean was always rough due to boats but was still beautiful with limited snorkel sites. Our stay was excellent and the staff is one of the best. GREAT JOB Presidente!
We rented a Jeep from Ernesto's, (275.00) pretty beat up but served it's purpose. All you have to do to get a cab from the airport is walk by the annoying sales people about two hundred yards from the airport and cabs will take you to this resort for $17.00 I strongly suggest you do this instead of the government travel!

Room Tip: We loved our location, not oceanfront but perfect for the quiet beach. Room 3124.
1 Thank JS474
Henry W, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 24, 2014
Dear Guest,

We would like to thank you for taking your time and share your comments, believe me your feedback is really appreciated, we have taken notes of your pleasant recommendations.

Thank you again for remark our service, we are glad that you enjoy the facilities of our property.

We are going to be ready as soon as you decide to come back, hopefully in a near future.

Mexico City, Distrito Federal, Mexico
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 21, 2014 via mobile

Check-in was a breeze, we got the room we reserved an hour before the official check-in time.
The Hotel is expansive so expect to walk a fair bit.
The room was clean and nice but as for much as this resort, is starting to show its age.
Staff is extremely kind and most of them seem to have a genuine smile when they greet you.

The food in general is perfectly decent but it does not correspond to its prices. Expect to pay at the very least a hundred dollars for every meal (two persons).

Both times we had breakfast, room service forgot at least one item of both breakfasts.

The beach is AMAZING! At the very end of the hotel property, there is a mini bay and they have a hammock on top of the water, basically, the sea rocks you! You could not believe that both times we were there, nobody was using it!

All in all, probably the best hotel in Cozumel but the quality-price relation of the food soured the experience a little bit, so we recommend dining out.

Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Henry W, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 23, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your visit and for taking the time to sharing your experience you had. I am sharing your nice comments about our service with my team. Also your recomendations help us to provide the best services for our guests.

We are happy that you enjoy our new hammock, as you mentioned you are almost on the reef!

Washington, D.C.
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2014

This is not a normal vacation for me, relaxing at one hotel for a number of days...but after the wonderful time at Presidente I might have to change. First, the basics. Our room was comfortable and spacious and clean. My son totally enjoyed the seat hammock on our deck and the hammock on the beach. The hotel was pretty full but we never felt rushed or that you had to rush to find a spot for the day. There were options to hang out in your day everywhere...the three sand beach areas or by the pool. The food at the restaurants was also very good. There were many options so if you didn't feel like going into town you could eat there multiple nights and still have quite a lot of variety. The hotel was 4 miles from town so was wonderfully quiet and only $7 to get into town if you wanted. Snorkeling right at hotel was great and Scubadu right at the hotel can outfit you with anything you need for snorkeling or scuba. But what really made the experience at the hotel was the service and extra touches of all the staff -- from Marco who made sure our afternoon margaritas on the beach were fabulous to Jose, the bellman who surprised me with a towel and cold water when he spotted me coming back from a run.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with family
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your visit and for taking the time and share the experience you had at our Resort. I am sharing as well your kind comments about our service with all the team. As you wrote, our private beach has one of the best views of the mexican caribbean and the facilities make's a better stay.

Hopefully we can have you back at your home away from home in a near future.

Norwalk, Ohio
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 15, 2014

I just returned from 7 days at the Presidente in Cozumel. We had a great time and were very happy with everything. We stayed at the resort for all our dining. We felt the food was good in terms of price, quantity, taste and selection. We had the breakfast buffet daily and enjoyed it. We also enjoyed the very laid back Happy hours daily. The drinks were top shelf and strong, bartenders were attentive. The dinner menu had enough variety and we learned after the first couple days the portions of the "starters" were more in line with entries than appetizers.
The rooms were nice enough. The grounds could use a little renovating but the bed was comfortable. Showers were warm sometimes suddenly very warm and water pressure was OK. We didn't use the in room mini bar. In room coffee maker was kept well stocked. Coffee was typical of most in room coffee machines found in hotels. WIFI was good overall but didn't work in the fitness center. The fitness center was ok. There was a few life fitness machines, dumbbells to 50lbs, and a few treadmills and bikes. It was clean and bottled water was stocked at regular intervals. The Snorkling was very good right of the beach. The pool area was well kept and towels were huge and plentiful. The weather was fantastic. It was nice not being bothered by peddlers on the very private beach area. Nobody tried to sell me a time share..a fantastic first also.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Dan B
Henry W, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 17, 2014
Dear Guest,

We really apreciated every single word you wrote on your comments, as you said our staff is a great team always providing the best services, and our facilities like the towels make easier the guest experience.

Thank you very much again and hopefully, we can have you back very soon.

To this, "su casa" in Cozumel island.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 14, 2014

Had a wonderful time at the Presidente - InterContinental in Cozumel. The service was impeccable. The resort views breathtaking. Great activities on site, especially the snorkeling.
Back in June for more.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled as a couple
Henry W, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much indeed for your comments about your stay at the Resort. We always looking forward to have valuable guest like you and meet needs and expectations and your feedback help us very much on this matter, I am sharing your nice comments with all the staff.

We can wait to see you again at this “su casa” in Cozumel.

Raleigh, North Carolina, United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 13, 2014

I had been going to Presidente Inter-Continental in Cozumel since the early 90's. It was my favorite place on earth, but sadly it is not what it used to be. It is listed as a 5 star hotel, but probably now only 3 1/2 or 4 at best. The hotel needs a lot of repairs and updating. When we got to our room, the screws on the security door latch were pulled out. I had to call twice to get it repaired and it was repaired with a chain door latch, not like the normal hotel latch. New screw holes were made and the old ones were still there and the door did not line up so there was quite a large space of light pouring thru around the door. I swam at the adult pool thru the week and there were many missing and loose tiles which was being repaired while we were there. We had to call to request the key to the mini bar. When we got there we were told that we were upgraded to an ocean view room, but the palms trees blocked any view of the ocean, so we had an ocean view room with no view. On the day were packing to leave they started trimming the palm trees outside our window, so by the time we went to check out we had a great view of the ocean for 5 minutes. There were no robes in the room as promised on the web site. The biggest issue is the price of food and drinks which I suppose makes it a 5 star hotel if that is your criteria. Plan to spend a minimum of $100 to $150 a day per person for food and a few drinks. We tried to economize by sharing one lunch sandwich with fries for $30 on several days. We normally got food and drinks from the beach bar or Caribena, but the last nite we where there we went to Alfredo's, big mistake. We spent well over $100 for 2 entrees and 2 glasses of wine. The food was terrible and tasteless. I ordered a dish that was fetuccine with chunks of lobster. The lobster was rubbery and over cooked and it was covered in some red sauce and tomato pieces and had no flavor at all. The part I don't understand is having 2 upscale restaurants on the property (Alfredo's and Napa Grill) and they are mostly empty every nite. I think the 2 other causual food venues are subsidizing the 2 upscale money loosing restaturants, hence the ridiculously high prices. The sad thing is the that the staff and all the service people working at the Presidente are really wonderful and helpful for the most part. I think the problem is with upper management decisions. As I said before I have been there many times and always couldn't wait to go back, but after this last visit, I may have to find a new Cozumel hotel. If you don't mind spending a fortune on food and drink, by all means go, but I would stick to the causual dining. And the beach is still wonderful and the snorkeling is making a comeback after the destruction of hurricane Wilma. I guess, sadly, all good things come to an end at some point,

Room Tip: If budgeting for food and drinks, stick to the casual venues, eat downtown, stop at Mega grocery sto...
3 Thank Fran M
Henry W, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Warm Greetings from Presidente InterContinental Cozumel Resort & Spa!

We would like to thank you for taking your time and post your comments on TripAdvisor; believe me your feedback is really appreciated, we have taken notes of your pleasant recommendations.

We are really sorry for not meeting your expectations; although we never want to read that a guest has had a not a good experience, comments such as yours allow us to take an honest look at our operations and make necessary improvements.

We are pleased if you will allow us the opportunity to regain your confidence in the future and show you that we can improve our services.

Cordially,