Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa
Ranked #4 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We visit this hotel often and the staff is what makes the trip a pleasure. They were all friendly and helpful. The Concierge Staff gave us numerous helpful hints for dining (off the hotel grounds) that turned out to be some of the best experiences that we've ever had in Cozumel, along with several shopping tips that were very useful.

The on-site dive operation (Scuba Du) was great. Nice boats, great divemasters, and a "gear guy" who could amazingly have your dive gear/wetsuits clean, dry and odor-free every morning.

We will continue to make this hotel our only Cozumel destination.

Room Tip: Rooms adjacent to "adult pool" are quietest. Also ask for a room with an outdoor shower.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Henry W, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 29, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thanks a lot for your review and positive comments which I am sharing with all the team.

It is very rewarding to read comments like yours since our main goal is to exceed guests' expectations. We continue working on innovation, being authentic and original, and most important in satisfying our customers every time.

I am glad you had another memorable stay and we look forward in welcoming you back soon.

Best Regards,

There are newer reviews for Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa

Reviewed June 26, 2013

Granted, an older property, but beautifully maintained and groomed. The foliage was lush, the drive up appeal extraordinary, and the service levels impeccable. Location on the beach is beautiful with great views from my room. I envied those who were enjoying the lounge chairs under their personal Tiki hut - I was on business and couldn't indulge. Rooms are very large, and beds comfortable. It was hot an humid which is natural for low season, but the air conditioning was fabulous! Was able to see the new lobby lounge, and restaurant area that's under construction - soon to be open - and it looks amazing. I will be back to the resort in late February, and can't wait to finally hit the beach and try out the new restaurants!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Henry W, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 27, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you for have been writing and have been sharing your comments. I am very pleased to read your appraisal of our team services and facilities. I certainly know my colleagues will be equally pleased to know their efforts are making a memorable stay for you.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Cordially,

Reviewed June 25, 2013

Just came home from a week long stay. We loved it here, yes the buffet breakfast is expensive, but we opted to order from the menu instead and it was not so bad. Just ask for a menu, there are options to the buffet. This place and all the people we met there were fantastic. We were always made to feel so welcomed there. A special thanks to the groundskeeper Jose as he always had a smile on his face and a greeting for us. He always had the best smile as we saw him all week working on the grounds and always would talk to us about the beautiful grounds and flowers and even the iguanas! All of the staff were awesome! We loved the snorkeling from the beach and my son took the bubble maker class with ScubaDu and loved it, he is counting down the days until he can take a Jr. certification now, Alex at ScubaDu was excellent with him and I would highly recommend! We loved the food and everything about this place, and will definitely return!

Room Tip: Ocean rooms!

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your visit and for taking the time and share the experience you had at our Resort. I am sharing as well your kind comments about our service with Jose and our staff.

Hopefully we can have you back at your home away from home in a near future.

Reviewed June 20, 2013

The first impression of this hotel is that it is tired. The landscaping is beat down. Maybe this has to do with the last hurricane. I was expecting the masses of flowers that I associate with Mexico and there were none other than a few hibiscus. The rooms are shotgun with only the sliding door for light, no windows in bathroom at all. We stayed in a reef room and despite the glowing reviews, I found it to be nothing special. On the positive side, the service here is great, from the concierge to the waiters to the room staff. We were supplied with endless bottles of mosquito spray, which was needed, and towels. The beach is very nice and was raked everyday. The resort is clean. We are divers and the diving from here is great, very professional and convenient to the reef. There is very good diving and snorkeling right from the shore. There are also lots of boats to look out for. The best thing about this hotel is the food. I had fresh catch of the day almost daily and ceviche and everything was very good. You can eat very healthy at this hotel. However, the food is pretty expensive and the drinks can really add up. My daughter was drinking virgin strawberry daiquiris and they were around 9 dollars each. There is only one restaurant other than a beach bar that closed at 5pm. It is a beautiful pillapa roofed open air and is very nice. Unfortunately there was a roudy after wedding party on our last night and it was really obnoxious for the other diners. There was a renovation going on in the other restaurant space which is being turned into a lobby bar, I think that will be a nice addition to the hotel as it looks over the beach. Anywhere else I would give this hotel a 3 but for Mexico it was slightly better than that. The beds were not super hard like you often find. Definitely not 5 star if you are a seasoned traveler. Overall I found the experience there to be good but not great.

1  Thank blueskyannie
Henry W, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much indeed for your comments about your recent stay at the Resort. We always looking forward to have valuable guest like you and meet needs and expectations and your feedback help us very much on this matter, I am sharing your nice comments with all the staff.

Hopefully we will see you back again very soon at this “su casa” in Cozumel.

Reviewed June 15, 2013

This was our third year in a row at the El Presidente Inter-Continental. As always the staff was great, the hotel and food wonderful (albeit quite expensive), and the shore snorkeling is very convenient.

Room Tip: Some rooms (pool view) have both and indoor and outdoor shower.
1  Thank Inge D
Henry W, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 17, 2013

Best Regards,

Reviewed June 12, 2013

I was the coordinator of an event there and I don't think it could've gone any more smoothly. The staff is always helpful and they always have a smile on their face, which is incredibly refreshing. Everything is 100% clean, the food is amazing and the rooms are gorgeous. I fell in love with this hotel!!!

Room Tip: The rooms with the beach view are the best, spacious and convinently located between the restaurant...
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
Henry W, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 20, 2013

Dear Guest,

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back very soon.

Cordially,

Reviewed June 6, 2013

I think it is the best resort on the island and definitely excellent snorkeling, although most of the coral is gone. We had a bad experience where we called ahead and was told that breakfast was included but when we got there they would not include breakfast as promised. A few of the waiters in the restaurant and at the beach bar were really awesome. I am a health food junky and came home feeling really yucky because there wasn't enough healthy food to eat.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank E R
Henry W, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded June 10, 2013

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much indeed for your comments about your stay at the Resort. We always looking forward to have valuable guest like you and meet needs and expectations and your feedback help us very much on this matter, I am sharing your nice comments with all the staff.

We can wait to see you again at this “su casa” in Cozumel.