“Beautiful resort”

Ranked #4 of 52 Hotels in Cozumel
Niwot
“Beautiful resort”
Reviewed May 7, 2013

Wonderful hotel, the staff, grounds, restaurants are superior. We have been to this hotel six times over the past 10 years and it is nice to see familiar faces. It is a beautiful resort and the snorkeling is great right off the shore. I especially love the personal touches of the cleaning staff, everyday we had an animal made out of towels with fresh flowers for eyes, very creative...the kids loved it. First class amenities. Love it!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank julieNiwot
Henry W, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 8, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for your visit and for taking the time and share the experience you had at our Resort. I am sharing as well your kind comments about our service with all the team.

Hopefully we can have you back at your home away from home in a near future.

Henry Walther

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (478)
  • Hebrew first
Tel Aviv, Israel
Reviewed May 5, 2013 via mobile

Wow!!! Simply great, me and my wife enjoyed here every momment!!!
That's a true 5 stars hotel:
- great rooms
- very nice breakfast , with plenty option
- amazing staff
- one of the best snorkeling area you"ll have the chance to see in your life is on the hotel!!! (barracuda, plenty fish, and I also have the chance to see a stingray!!! )
- perfect diving shop, if you are a diver and you can afford the price you must go there! I dived here twice, you pay maybe 20$ more than on the city but you are with professional, you leave and you come back on the hotel pier!!! They have each day a morning dive leaving the hotel at 08:00 and coming back until 12:30 , your wife can enjoy the nice pool when you explored one of the best reef in the world!
I went to palancar caves and Santa rosa shallow and it was my best diving experience ( I have more than 40 dives) . On the second dive, the instructor give me his octopus to dive with him 5 min more when I was almost out of air ...

Room tip: if you can afford that you must upgrade to the beachfront suite: you are just few meters from the beach and snorkeling area, what a view!!! And you got also a very nice outside shower :)

The only cons if I really have to find one is the expensive restaurant at night, don't get me wrong it was good but I eat better in Mexico for that same target price, anyway it's still 5 stars for me and my wife! highly recommended, if you are in Cozumel and can afford that go for it, that's for sure the best hotel in the island!!!

• Stayed May 2013
1 Thank Henri E
Henry W, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 7, 2013
Dear Guest,

Hopefully we can have you back at your home away from home in a near future.

Kalispell
Reviewed May 5, 2013

We returned to the Presidente after staying at hotels north of town for the past few years and were so glad to have returned. The service and the rooms were all that we could have asked for and the bed and linens were incomparable. For some reason the resort bookings were low during our stay, the last week in April, so the beach was pretty much ours and the beach service from both Eduardo and Ivan was the best . . friendly, prompt, courteous as was the encounter with every other staff member we encountered. The concierge, Jhonny, went to great lengths to help us scout out a potential full family visit next year. To continue the same excellence for more than a decade speaks of excellent management. Congratulations!!!

Room Tip: We paid a little more for the ocean view room and enjoyed the swaying palms outside our lanai as wel...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank B M
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much indeed for your comments about your stay at the Resort. We always looking forward to have valuable guest like you and meet needs and expectations and your feedback help us very much on this matter, I am sharing your nice comments with Jhonni and all the staff.

We can wait to see you again at this “su casa” in Cozumel.

San Antonio, Texas
Reviewed May 4, 2013

Just returned from our trip April 26. Overall our experience was perfect. We stayed in the reef room suite, expensive but if your idea of the perfect beach getaway is being as close to the beach as possible, this is the best I have found. Our balcony was literally 10 feet from the sand. Of course, Cozumel is an island with much reef exposure, so don't expect long sandy beaches. Go to Cancun if that is what you are looking for. If you want a quite experience, this is the place. The snorkeling in front of the hotel was amazing, some of the best I have ever found. The staff was always overly happy and helpful. Special thanks to Jorge. I do have 2 recommendations for the hotel. The overall quality of the food at the restaurants was average. Not special at all. Additionally, the hotel needs some sprucing up here and there. Neither of those issues will prevent us from returning to this hotel. It was a terrific experience, quiet, great snorkeling and great place to chill.

Room Tip: If you can afford it, get a reef room. The reef suite is large and can accommodate a rollaway for a...
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank rexmankitten
Dear Guest,

Thank you, we appreciate your comments about your recent stay in our resort, It was a pleasure to serve you.

We are pleased that you enjoyed your room, the hotel beach and the friendliness of our staff.

We hope you visit us once again in the near future.

New York City, New York
Reviewed April 30, 2013 via mobile

My parents used to bring me El Presidente almost 25 years ago for almost 6 consecutive years onward and I had such fond memories of spring and summer in Cozumel. It was a joy to bring my love here and share new memories of my favorite Mexican destination at such a classy resort.

The staff are all amazing with warm, genuine smiles and great attitudes. I'm a service junkie, and not one person at el presidente left me with anything other than a smile on my face. Everyone remembered our names, had drinks ready for us on the beach when we got off the dive boat, and lets usput small to go plates together onthe mornings before diving.

Need recommendations for food? They not only will make them, they will have your reservations made anytime, anywhere.

Only downside: we tried to rent a movie one night and screen simply stayed black, then the same happened with tv channels. The front desk did say we wouldn't be charged for the movie and we weren't.

There is wifi all over the resort which makes staying in touch easy from a room to the beach.

When I return to Cozumel, it will be at El Presidente.

• Stayed April 2013
Henry W, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, May 1, 2013
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much indeed for your comments about your stay at the Resort. We always looking forward to have valuable guest like you and meet needs and expectations and your feedback help us very much on this matter, I am sharing your nice comments with all the staff.

We can wait to see you again at this “su casa” in Cozumel.

Dallas
Reviewed April 22, 2013

Our most recent trip was 4/17-4/21 and this was, at least, our 5th or 6th stay at Presidente. This hotel continues to be one of our favorites on the planet and compares favorably to several others we've visited in Mexico (Ritz-Cancun, One and Only-Palmilla, 4 Seasons-Punta Mita). Presidente grounds and rooms are, perhaps, not at the level of those three, however the staff and wonderful, laid back atmosphere are way ahead.

It's so nice to return to a place year after year and find that the same excellent staff are there. The staff at the Presidente are genuinely warm, engaging, friendly people. They seem like old friends after a few visits. The staff sets the Presidente apart.

The food is excellent and the dining experience in the huge palapa is fantastic. Enjoying the spectacular view and ocean breeze during breakfast, lunch and dinner cannot be beat. The italian restaurant is also quite good and worth going for the food and excellent guitar player (who has been there for several years).

The rooms are spacious and housekeeping does a wonderful job each day. The rooms are spotless. Beds are very comfortable and there is no noise from adjacent rooms. Highly recommend the reef rooms that open directly onto the beach.

So, why a 4 and not a 5 rating? It's getting to be time to spend some real money on the resort - it's a little tired in spite of the, obviously, careful upkeep and daily maintenance. The resorts I listed above are all superior in condition. Update the exterior, address the poor lighting in the bathrooms, liven up the landscaping and it's an easy 5.

I will not end this review of this excellent hotel (again, one of our favorites) on a downer. Give me a choice between a staff of old friends versus a stunning facade and I'll take the friends every time - that's the Presidente!

Room Tip: Reef rooms are fantastic.
  • Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank mullenski
Henry W, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, April 24, 2013

Thank you !

We certainly appreciate your comments about your recent stay in our resort, It was a real pleasure served you.

Hopefully we can see you once again very soon.

Reviewed April 22, 2013 via mobile

The resort was very nice. The staff was very attentive and friendly. It was not crowded at all. The beach is nice. We never went to the pool although it was busier than beach. The food and drinks are expensive but we took a taxi to town and bought extra water and drinks. I enjoyed reading on a quiet beautiful beach while my husband went diving. He booked his dives and left directly from the hotel. I also enjoyed watching the boats go to and from the harbor right next to us. The snorkeling in front of the hotel was great. The rooms were large and the beds very comfortable. The spa was closed and I was disappointed. I did have a massage but it was just in a hotel room where they had set up massage tables. I think the massage was overpriced without the spa atmosphere. However, the massage was fabulous. Biggest advise: Use the safe! My husband insists on hiding some money in an additional place than just the safe. We both separately had a feeling our stuff had been touched and it was confirmed when we were missing cash that was hidden.....in a bag, in a bag, in a bag zipped up. Upon more investigation, we noticed backpackers all unzipped, things moved, etc. We chose not to report it as it was our last night at the resort and we didn't want a hassle. Upon checkout we reported it but we're told we should have reported it, etc. but, a manager was not contacted and all we got was a "oh sorry you should have reported it!". Of course, this can happen anywhere, but don't leave any money or valuables even hidden because all our stuff was handled by someone in our room. We had an ocean view room and was worth the extra money! We were on the second story and our balcony was very private and the view was wonderful. There are rooms on the bottom floor with glass doors that open directly to the beach. If mobility is an issue, these would be great and convenient. A taxi it town was 90 pesos so we always gave the driver $10. We ate dinner in town very night based on trip advisor reviews and were not disappointed. The cost even with the taxi ride was less than a meal at the resort. For example, lunch for two club sandwiches and two beers was $50. The breakfast buffet was good with a lot of variety. The resort was just beautiful and we had a great trip.

Stayed April 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much indeed for your comments about your recent stay at the Resort. We always looking forward to have valuable guest like you and meet needs and expectations and your feedback help us very much on this matter, I am sharing your nice comments with all the staff.

Hopefully we will see you back again very soon at this “su casa” in Cozumel.