I've just returned from escorting a group to the Presidente Intercontinental Cozumel Resort and Spa, and I can say that the resort exceeds expectations on so many levels. I've traveled to many Mexican resorts, Caribbean resorts, and beach resorts within the United States. For the location, amenities, vibe, and activities, Presidente has just been bumped up to the top of my list of favorite beach resorts. Here are some of the reasons.
1) Location. Just below the azure blue waters surrounding the resort are some of the world's most spectacular reefs. From experienced scuba divers to novice snorkelers, everyone is just steps off the shore to a fantastic dive experience. The beach is wide and since this is not a sprawling resort, there are plenty of chairs and palapas to go around, so that you aren't competing for beach space. Waiters gladly take your drink orders whether you are lounging in the sun or in the magnificent open-air palapa restaurant - Carbenos. And come sunset, you've never seen a more beautiful ending to your relaxing day!
2) Amenities. Tennis courts, a work-out facility, a pool, are standard amenities at most resorts. This one adds a scuba center right on the beach, a tour desk, a car rental desk, and two restaurants. But this resort is all about relaxing and enjoying the water. If it's high energy you're looking for, hop in a cab ($10 USD) and take the short trip into Cozumel to get your bar-hopping fix. Or you can take the ferry ($14 or so) to Playa del Carmen. The ease in getting to these towns to shop or club makes it all the more appealing to head back to the resort to relax and unwind. In your room you will find Elemis toiletries, a large-head rain shower, and the most comfortable beds I've slept on in any hotel or resort!
3) Vibe. The people on Cozumel, and particularly at this resort, are some of the most genuine and lovely people you will ever find in your travels. At the Presidente, their spirit shines through, providing exceptional service and care. This resort is definitely relaxed, but not sleepy. Service was the staff's priority, making the guest feel welcome and important. I was also struck by the safety. One of my fellow travelers had left a backpack in the restaurant during breakfast. The backpack contained his wallet, identification, and a camera. Before he even noticed he'd left it, a staff member had returned it to the front desk for the guest to claim. And in my case, I was hurrying one evening to make it to an event, inadvertently leaving all of my cash and personal electronics in clear view of the turn-down staff. When I came back to my room later in the evening, all was just as I had left it....except the staff had left a towel sculpture and laid out my robe and slippers!
4) Activities. The scuba and snorkeling offerings are perfect for any level of diver. But there's more to do on Cozumel than you probably have time for! Taking a jeep tour around the island, visiting nearby Mayan ruins, jet skiing at the resort, taking a sunset sail on a catamaran and visiting a tequila factory are just some of the activities available in the area. Whether you want to stay on the move and see all there is to see in Cozumel or simply relax and unwind at the resort, the Presidente is the perfect base. And for a family gathering, corporate retreat, or destination wedding, all of your guests will find what they are looking for in a vacation.
This resort is not an all-inclusive, but with so much to do in Cozumel, you're not paying for the food you don't eat at the resort. It is also an older property, and you may be able to see a bit of wear from defying hurricanes over the years. But the Presidente stands presently as my favorite beach resort, and I will return to relax, recharge, and unwind at my first opportunity! Thanks to all of the wonderful staff who make this beautiful spot on earth the warm and welcoming place it is.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Presidente InterContinental Cozumel Resort & Spa is the perfect balance of energy and ease. Adventurers love the scuba centre and nearby Chankanaab Park. Bringing the kids? The resort s Chiqui Club will keep them busy all day. When you want a slightly slower pace, you can head for our stretch of white sand, the exotic Mandara Spa or Cozumel s shops.After a 25 million dollar investment, this resort offers upgraded facilities and a unique vacation experience for the discerning traveler. The place to discover three experiences: great Dive, unique Spa treatments and Golf. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travelocity, Booking.com, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Expedia, IHG, BookIt.com, Cheap Tickets, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA, Priceline, HotelQuickly and Hotel.de so you can book your Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Presidente Intercontinental Cozumel Resort And Spa
- Presidente Intercontinental Cozumel Hotel Cozumel
- Intercontinental Cozumel
- El Presidente Cozumel
- Cozumel Presidente