“Fabulous as usual!”

Ranked #4 of 51 Hotels in Cozumel
dallas
“Fabulous as usual!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 9, 2011

This is my absolute favorite beach vacation spot ever! My husband and I were here in March for my birthday and I took two friends for their 40th birthday last week and they were over whelmed.. As usual, the facility was gorgeous and the staff friendly and always helpful. The weather was wonderful and the snorkeling the best in the world! You have the most beautiful fish right in front of the hotel as they have the remains if a sunken ship right there. My husband and I have come here for 20 years and it is always such a nice retreat. You may have to pay a little more but you get peace and quiet, beautiful scenery close to town and 5 star service and accomodations. It is so worth it. Some hotels offer day passes to the cruise ship guests and I hear they get so loud and obnoxious the hotel guests have to leave! Not here! You can't even enter the property without a room number. Also please note this island is so safe you never have to worry. So go see them and tell them Carol from Dallas sent you. I will be back !

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
1 Thank ctldallas
valenciaguillermo, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 12, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your continued loyalty to Presidente InterContinental Cozumel Resort and Spa and for taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor.

I am very pleased to learn that you thoroughly enjoyed your stay and that you regard our hotel to be one of the best. Thank you sincerely for commending our service team in this regard. Your kind recognition will be very well received.

We certainly look forward to welcoming you back to “su casa” in Mexico.

Guillermo Valencia

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (457)
  • Hebrew first
Saginaw, Michigan
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 8, 2011

Wonderful stay. Friendly staff, clean rooms, big comfortable beds. Located just south of town by the Caleta. Would definitely stay again.

• Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
valenciaguillermo, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 10, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your kind comments regarding your recent stay and impression of the hotel! We appreciate you taking the time to tell us what a positive experience you had!!!

We look forward to welcoming you back during your next visit to Cozumel.

Kansas
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 7, 2011

My husband and I have been to Cancun and Cozumel several times; this was our first time at El Presidente. We had an absolutely lovely experience! For our 21st wedding anniversary, I booked us an ocean front, ground floor room with a king bed. We were in 5124 to begin our stay and were so impressed with the ammenities - - the bathroom is absolutely STOCKED with incidentals - - toothpaste, toothbrush, shave cream, razor, cotton swabs, sewing kit...and on and on. Our absolute favorite part of the room was the OUTDOOR PRIVATE SHOWER. Not one single time during our stay did we shower inside! LOVED IT! After two nights in this room, we asked the front desk to move us as people who moved into the room directly above us were chain smokers and their smoke was coming through the ventilation system and smelling up our room. "No problem, senora, we will move you immediately." Then we were actually taken to a couple of different rooms and asked to choose which one we wanted. The second room we moved into, 5107, was identical to the first with a couple of issues.....first, there were ants in the bathroom and second, I think there were termites eating the wood in the outdoor shower area. However, given the tropical climate, I certainly cannot be overly critical of some ants. If we would have been staying for a longer amount of time, I would have asked to move again and am sure the response would have been NO PROBLEM. The service personnel were absolutely OUTSTANDING. The front desk was efficient and patient; housekeeping was WONDERFUL and the turn down service so special. They would turn down the bed, put lovely robes and slippers next to the bed, take any wet/dirty towels....just generally tidy up the room while we were at supper. We opted for the breakfast included plan and the buffet was FANTASTIC....my husband is an omlette fanatic and said those were the best he'd ever had. The choices were varied and everything we ate was very good. The wait staff was quite simply very, very good. They were attentive, but not bothersome. The hotel staff has really given some thought to what people may need. During our stay, it rained a brief time each day and so the hotel had giant stands of umbrellas placed strategically around the hotel....and it was no problem when we asked to take them from the hotel for some jaunts into town. The views from the restaurant were stunning and my husband and I would linger over breakfast just enjoying the view and our coffee. In a nutshell, when we return to Cozumel, we will return to this hotel. We did so NOT want to leave!!

• Stayed August 2011, traveled as a couple
valenciaguillermo, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 9, 2011
Dear Guest,

Thank you for your high praise and most generous feedback from your recent stay with us. I was delighted to learn that your recent visit exceeded your expectations and your detailed review makes us feel so proud.

Indeed, the unparalleled vistas of our Caribbean Sea seen from our Beach Front rooms, our Restaurants, are some of our best attributes as they provide a relaxing environment for our guests. However, it is the outstanding level of intuitive service that we pride ourselves on. I am glad to learn that our colleagues were successful in providing you with a truly memorable experience as it is our goal to touch the heart and soul of each and every one of our guests.

We sincerely appreciate your recognition as a fabulous resort and we look forward to welcoming you back to your home away from home in the near future.

Houston, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 5, 2011

It's a shame that the mention of Mexico strikes fear in the hearts of many travelers today. Cozumel is a wonderful destination (and a pretty safe one) and the Presidente makes the experience all that more delightful. My husband and I (both scuba divers) stayed in a 'reef room' with beach access. We enjoyed complementary coffee delivery to our terrace every morning at the time we requested without fail. The concierge (specifically Jorge Louis) attended to our every need with a smile. The food was wonderful. Dining in the open air restaurant with splendid views of the beautiful blue water was an absolute pleasure. We never had a bad meal. We loved the tortilla soup so much we had it every day. The resort is very clean. At various times during the day you see employees power washing the walkways, working on the pool, tending to the plants, etc. Often, when we returned to the room after a very brief outing we'd find that the "invisible" staff had been in for daily cleaning or turn down service. We never saw them.

The Scuba Du staff was over the top service-wise as well. Very accommodating. If you are a diver, take advantage of Victor's services. Victor will clean your gear after a dive and somehow make it smell fabulous and ready for your next dive. I don't know how he manages to keep track of it all, but he does a great job. Tip him well!! He's worth it!!

Room Tip: If you are a diver, get one of the convenient reef rooms. If you like more privacy, ask for one dire...
  • Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
valenciaguillermo, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 8, 2011
Dear Guest,

I am very happy indeed to learn that you consider you have received a spectacular service in your recent stay with us at Presidente InterContinental Cozumel Resort & Spa.

Your detailed and amazing review encourages us to do our best efforts to make your next visit an unforgettable time!

It is very pleasing to read your personal opinion about Cozumel Island as one of a safety places in México. These kinds of comments help to upcoming guests giving a right perception of this peaceful and relaxing Island.

Thank you kindly for your positive review on TripAdvisor. I do hope to have the opportunity to welcome you back in the near future

Akumal, Mexico
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 4, 2011

Without any doubt and with total confidence, I can tell you that The Presidente Intercontinental Cozumel is among the best in its class... World Class
Whether you are going on a diving vacation, sight seen or just basking in the sun, there is no better option in Cozumel and perhaps in the whole Caribbean.
The quality of everything, beginning with the personal attention you get from all levels of personal to the facilities, beach, diving, bars, recreational activities, gourmet restaurant, swimming pool to the comfort and commodity of the rooms, here you van find it all.
I spend 3 nights celebrating my birthday; friends came from France, Denmark, Mexico and the U.S. We went on a two tank dive with Scuba Du dive shop and had two wonderful dives, we then had lunch in the superb beach front restaurant and lastly we watched the sunset adorned with rainbows, bird songs and boats quietly passing by in the calm turquoise water turning and glowing red orange/red before the night fell.
Could I ask for anything else to celebrate?
Will I return? Yes, in every opportunity I have!

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Presidente InterContinental Cozumel Resort & Spa and for taking the time to post a review of your recent stay.

I am delighted to read your detailed and amazing comments about our hotel, your descriptions are absolutely perfects! I do hope we will have the opportunity to welcome your return.

Once again, thank you for your comments and for choosing to spend your time with us.

Littleton, Colorado
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 2, 2011

We have regarded Presidente Intercontinental (Cozumel) as our favorite place to run and hide from everyday toils. We began going to PI in 1997. We have sent our adult children, friends and associates. Your accomodations are suberb. Your people present themselves as those enjoying what they do with accomodading hearts. Our most recent trip was no exception, however, the cost of food and beverages seem outlandish -certainly much higher than previous trips. We have visited CABO, Hawaii and other comparable spots, but always returned to PI Cozumel for what we felt was better value for the dollars spent. We no longer feel that way.
We offer this not as a criticism of your facilities, but rather an observation that may be beneficial to you.
Richard & Christine Gove
8 Foothill Ash
Littleton, CO 80127

• Stayed July 2011, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,

We want to thank you for your comments and feedback which I have shared with my team.

I'm glad you enjoyed our facilities and the service. Regarding your comments about prices at our restaurants; we have checked our prices with restaurants of the same category and quality around the island. Their prices are almost the same, and we have not increased our menu prices for almost 3 years.

I really appreciate your personal opinion, I do believe each comment give us the opportunity to improve and will work on it.

Once again, thank you for sharing your experience. I hope you will return in the future and give us a chance to recover your confidence in our hotel.

Sincerely yours,

Lampasas, Texas
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 31, 2011

So friendly like family! We even email each other. We have been there every year for the past 10 years. In December 2010 our 3 boys, ages 11, 17, 15, were all certified in scubandiving by the most amazing woman! Very good and they loved the beach! We were certified ther right on the beach several years ago too. We really love eating lunch on the beach every day! Alfredos restaurant and the other two restaurants make it the place to be in Cozumel. The spa is amazing! We girls visit the sauna every time we go! I can't say enough about this place! We will vacation there every year for the rest of our lives and send our children there for their honeymoons. We have witnessed several beautiful weddings there. All I can say is, try it once! You won't regret it!

• Stayed June 2011, traveled as a couple
valenciaguillermo, Gerente at Presidente Inter-Continental Cozumel Resort & Spa, responded to this review, August 1, 2011
Dear Guest,

I’m pleased to learn we provided an excellent experience through the duration of your stay at Presidente InteContinental Cozumel.

I’m glad about your kind recommendation of our hotel and truly appreciate the high praise of our service, staff and accommodations.

Once again, thank you for continuing to chose to stay at Presidente Intecontinental Cozumel. We certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Best Regards,