“A great restaurant but terrible when full”
Review of Abuelo Gerardo

Abuelo Gerardo
Ranked #59 of 374 Restaurants in Cozumel
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Sayulita, Mexico
“A great restaurant but terrible when full”
Reviewed March 5, 2013

This Restaurant serves a very good guacamole and chickenfajitas.Portions is huge and for a good reasonable price.
The problem is when the cruise passengers invade the place at 12am.It seems like the staff and kitchen cant handle big groups or a full restaurant.
Orders took forever and some things came a little burned or cold.So i recommend to go there for dinner around 20Pm.Its only by this hour when the restaurant comes to its grace. When there are a few guest´s the quality is quite high.

• Visited January 2013

Indiana
“Authentic Mexican local food”
Reviewed March 3, 2013

To eat where the locals eats, this is the place to go. Clean, good food & variety. It is authentic so don't expect salsa like you get in the states.

Visited February 2013
1 Thank DonnaRN
New Braunfels, Texas
“Fantastic Fish and Guacamole”
Reviewed February 28, 2013

Was staying on a week-long diving trip in Cozumel and just happened to walk by the restaurant and decided to have lunch. Was glad I did. My daughter and I had the fried mozzarella sticks and guacamole for appetizers. Both were fantastic, perhaps the best guacamole on the island. The cheese sticks were definitely freshly made, not the typical fried frozen stuff – just melts in your mouth. For my lunch I had the fish, it was cooked to perfection and tasted great. My daughter had the chicken enchiladas and was very pleased.
The restaurant has free Wi-Fi and the service was great. Just a couple of blocks off the main avenue; well worth the short walk for those of you who do not stray from the main shopping strip. Prices were reasonable and much better than the tourist restaurants on the main avenue. I will definitely add this restaurant to my must eat list on my next trip to Cozumel.

• Visited February 2013
1 Thank AggieDiver86
Ottawa, Canada
“excellent mexican restaurant, close to the plaza”
Reviewed February 11, 2013

A great restaurant located just a block back from the downtown plaza. Excellent food at great prices. We started using this as our breakfast spot ; great American or Mexican breakfasts with ample coffee refills. The staff are tremendous. They always provided a menu to us when we were strolling by, and if they didn’t have what we wanted, they made recommendations to other eateries. We finally came back for a Mexican-style beef dinner and it was excellent and served very promptly.

• Visited February 2013
“Always a great meal!”
Reviewed November 24, 2012

I can no longer tell you how many times we have visited this restaurant. We go every time we cruise and are never disappointed. I am ashamed to say that we have yet to try the fish, but we will on another trip to Cozumel in January. The food is always great and the service superb. We have always had the same waiter, and he remembers us every time we go. You can tell it is becoming a popular spot, as it's always busy when we visit. I can personally vouch for the fajitas and margaritas. This is our favorite place to eat in Cozumel!! We even have t-shirts!!