“Wonderful and YES I am going back!!!”
Review of Spa del Sol

Spa del Sol
Ranked #3 of 29 Spas & Wellness in Cozumel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Spa del Sol is a Spa with a holistic approach that offers a wide spectrum of the most successful treatments developed by different cultures of the earth, in order to maintain the harmony and beauty that the creation has given to the human being.Our therapists have being trained in both, professional and traditional techniques in several parts of the world. Spain, Mexico, United States, Thailand are some of them. Some of our therapists are instructors that teach and train other therapists in order to officially certificate them.We have an 18 years experience on the area of therapeutic and relaxing massages.We also cover the area of alternative medicine with Acupuncture, Biomagnetism, Magnetotherapy, Flower Therapy, Traditional Chiropractic and Kinesiology. On the branch of Energy Therapies we practice Reiki, Polarity, Healing Tao techniques, Cristal Healing, etc. For the Beauty we do facials with both, natural methods and innovative aparatology, cellulite treatments, and more.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities
Reviewed July 12, 2012

My husband and I were staying at the Presidente in Cozumel and I planned to spend my time at the spa. Unfortunately the resort's spa, in my opinion, is over priced and not very good. A friend of mine ran across the web site for Spa Del Sol and recommended it. I was more than pleased with my service!!! Baula was one of the best therapist I have ever had (and I have had many massages)! She was very flexible with my appointments and even adjusted my services based on my body's needs. I am going back in September and I plan on using her again!!

1  Thank Kimberly G
SpadelSolCozumel, Guest Relations Manager at Spa del Sol, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Kimberly,
Thanks for your feedback. Our goal is to give a personalized type of service to our customers, specially when they come several days. In this way we can address better they issues with different techniques like deep tissue massage, hot stones and reiki like in your case. Hope your visit gave a boost to return to your everyday life with a different perspective. Paula.

There are newer reviews for Spa del Sol

Reviewed July 9, 2012

My husband and I were staying on the island of Cozumel for two weeks and we both went in for a massage. When we arrived, we were greeting professionally by a woman fluent in English who told us that they have two massage rooms and could accomodate each of us one after another or if we could come back in the afternoon, they could do massages on both of us at the same time. We opted to come back after some shopping in the downtown area. When we returned, we were offered cool Cristal bottled water as we waited for them to finish with the previous clients. I had Paula as my massage therapist and we had a wonderful discussion of travel, religion, and politics. My husband actually prefers to rest when he has a massage, so he did not dialogue with his therapist. There are two rooms, so they can only manage two clients in an hour's time, so that may required booking in advance or returning a hour or so later. I paid for an hour massage, but I can assure you they worked well over an hour on each of us. There was no time clock ticking. This was a wonderful experience and we were offered a discount if we wished to return later on our vacation. I will definitely return to this location again and you can rest assured that you are in the hands of well-trained massage therapists.

1  Thank DocTalk55
Reviewed June 4, 2012

This can be a tourist trap.

I read the reviews here and I see why they are good: The people who had good experiences never tried to make an advanced appointment with Spa Del Sol.

We did, and here's what happened:
We were asked to send a $20 deposit via Paypal for each one hour appointment we requested to "secure our appointments" only to be told AFTER they took our $40 that the times we requested were not available and they were keeping the money.

Their policy is that you must cancel at least 24 hours before to get your deposit back, but Spa del Sol waited until less than 24 hours before the appointments to tell us that the appointments were not available. They also apologized for the delay on their side in getting back to us (it took five days) but there was no delay at all in accepting our payment.

I would say: walk-ins are safe, but as in every other tourist driven economy where they aren't governed by the same rules as here in the U.S: don't pay money before you know what you're getting.

That was our mistake (on our honeymoon) and I didn't want it to be yours.

Has anyone else had this happen to them?

6  Thank EchoViolet
Reviewed June 2, 2012

Maria at Spa del Sol is the greatest. I've been diving in Cosumel for the past five years. I always make an appointment with Maria. She has the gift of being in in tune with exactly what your body needs. She can deslove the stress and pain in one session, leaving you in a state of total relaxation.

2  Thank Michael H
Reviewed May 24, 2012

First time in beautiful Cozumel, love the island very peaceful place. Looking for a Spa ended up at Spa del Sol in downtown Cozumel. The service was excellent, people were very kind, I had a wonderful package including facial, foot massage and full body massage. It was so relaxing I felt asleep on the table.

Lilly