“We'll Never Use Anyone Else!”
Review of Blue XT Sea Diving

Blue XT Sea Diving
Ranked #15 of 324 Outdoor Activities in Cozumel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Founder, owner and Texas native Christi Courtney started Blue XT~Sea out of her island home, tooling around on a moped with a "Keep Austin Weird" sticker on the gas tank. With very little advertising and much goodwill, we grew to become one of Cozumel's best-loved dive operations. It wasn't just the famous surface-interval muffins and other snacks, it was the personal service that has set us apart from the very beginning. In October 2005, we purchased our second dive boat, Bandida II. Many of you know the story of how Wilma destroyed her before getting her launched - but we persisted and launched her in April 2006 and she operates alongside our original boat, Shamu providing greater choices and flexibility for our divers, snorkelers and guests.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed July 26, 2010

Christi, Arturo, and Miguel at Blue XT Sea Diving were the absolute best dive shop I've ever used while in Cozumel, and I'll never use anyone else. They catered to our every need, provided us the dives we wanted to go on, with no negative comments about distance or extra fees. They took care of our equipment, even to the point of driving it out to our resort the morning we departed just to make our stay more convenient.

Great attitude, great service, can't say enough good things about this group.

2  Thank jmyersfam
"always on time"
in 5 reviews
"repeat customers"

Reviewed July 21, 2010

I used to think that SCUBA was only for the young and being over 60 meant "one foot in the grave" -- but now I'm in the latter age group and Christi Courtney at Blue XT Sea Diving helped me prove to myself that even "high in-betweens" can have GREAT new experiences! She is a wonderful all-level SCUBA instructor - her skill (she has over 3000 dives and I never saw so many credentials!) and patience gave my husband and I the confidence to learn to dive so we could enjoy the vast beauty under the ocean at Cozumel, Mexico. Her shop is a "boutique" operation, where Christi, her boat captains and dive masters did all the hard work and we divers just stepped on the boat and headed for the reefs! Christi and her team provided equipment rentals, had air tanks waiting on the boat for each dive, provided fresh towels and snacks for surface intervals, and were excellent guides for diving the best locations to see beautiful fish, eels, all kinds of coral, and tons of other "wonders of the deep". With a maximum of only 6 divers to a trip, we found the personal service to be outstanding. That is something often missing in this day and time so Christi and Blue XT Sea Diving get the highest recommendation from us! I am still in awe of all that we saw and did and I know we'll be back to dive with them at every opportunity!

2  Thank hsfrisk
Reviewed July 10, 2010

Blue XT~Sea Diving is the best operator I have ever dealt with. We have gone diving with them 5 times, and there is a reason why we are repeat customers. Every single employee, from the Owner, to the Captains, Divemasters, and the Shop assistant loves their job. Everyone pays such attention to detail, especially those details which effect their customers. Christi, the owner, runs a full service operation that will set up your gear, and take it for rinsing and safe storage over night. They also have smaller, fast boats. I find that these are best because there is no rocking of the boat to give you motion sickness, and no large amounts of fumes to make you sick. They also always have tons of water for everyone on the boat, as well as fresh fruit and snacks for the surface interval, which is always enough time to off gas. They do not rush anything. You dive your computer or your air tank, there is no time limit. They are not rushing from one dive to the next to get their work day over with either, like I stated previously, they love their jobs. I cannot say enough good things about the operation and everyone involved to give enough thanks for the 60+ dives we have enjoyed with them. If you are looking for a personalized, full service operation, this is your best choice.

3  Thank Trishluvscoz
Reviewed June 8, 2010

I've been diving in Cozumel since 1992 and have tried many dive shops. The quality service from Blue XT Sea Diving has been beyond my expectations. Great dive masters who truly love their jobs, great boat captain, comfortable boats. I could go on and on. I am happy to recommend this dive shop with confidence.

3  Thank Jacobscolo
See more reviews
Reviewed May 26, 2010

Wow! This was our second trip to Cozumel and let me tell you it was like night and day! This trip we chose to dive with Blue XT~Sea after doing extensive research on many scuba forums... Christi and her crew were awesome. Small fast boats got you to the reefs very fast and they even went to reefs that some dive ops don't go to on a regular basis. Even on bad weather days, Christi got us out diving when other boats were prohibited (by the harbormaster) to leave the "calleta".

The personalized service was great, fresh fruit, snacks and water provided between dives, small six-pack boats and the ability to choose where you want to dive all added up to make the diving all that much better. We even added an extra day of diving instead of our "beach day".

Her DMs were all very professional and went out of their way to "improve" your diving skills, our personal favorite was Pedro. When asked to find us Seahorses, he told us that on our next dive he would take us to a reef where he knew there were some, but no guarantees. Well, he found us 3 in the first 20 minutes!

We hopefully are going back to Cozumel later this year and BlueXT~Sea will definitely be getting a call, no more cattle boats for us!

2  Thank EffieVee