“Personal Service And Great Diving!”
Review of Blue XT Sea Diving

Blue XT Sea Diving
Ranked #15 of 317 Outdoor Activities in Cozumel
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Founder, owner and Texas native Christi Courtney started Blue XT~Sea out of her island home, tooling around on a moped with a "Keep Austin Weird" sticker on the gas tank. With very little advertising and much goodwill, we grew to become one of Cozumel's best-loved dive operations. It wasn't just the famous surface-interval muffins and other snacks, it was the personal service that has set us apart from the very beginning. In October 2005, we purchased our second dive boat, Bandida II. Many of you know the story of how Wilma destroyed her before getting her launched - but we persisted and launched her in April 2006 and she operates alongside our original boat, Shamu providing greater choices and flexibility for our divers, snorkelers and guests.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed May 26, 2010

Wow! This was our second trip to Cozumel and let me tell you it was like night and day! This trip we chose to dive with Blue XT~Sea after doing extensive research on many scuba forums... Christi and her crew were awesome. Small fast boats got you to the reefs very fast and they even went to reefs that some dive ops don't go to on a regular basis. Even on bad weather days, Christi got us out diving when other boats were prohibited (by the harbormaster) to leave the "calleta".

The personalized service was great, fresh fruit, snacks and water provided between dives, small six-pack boats and the ability to choose where you want to dive all added up to make the diving all that much better. We even added an extra day of diving instead of our "beach day".

Her DMs were all very professional and went out of their way to "improve" your diving skills, our personal favorite was Pedro. When asked to find us Seahorses, he told us that on our next dive he would take us to a reef where he knew there were some, but no guarantees. Well, he found us 3 in the first 20 minutes!

We hopefully are going back to Cozumel later this year and BlueXT~Sea will definitely be getting a call, no more cattle boats for us!

2  Thank EffieVee
"always on time"
in 5 reviews
"repeat customers"

Reviewed May 5, 2010

I've been visiting Cozumel for the past 5 years or so with diving buddies, and for the first few visits we shopped for dive ops based on price alone. We were never quite satisfied, and a couple were downright scary. Since diving trips are so few and far between, we realized that we didn't want to be disappointed with our dive op any longer. I researched recommended ops on the internet and found that BlueXTSea came very highly recommended. We decided to give Christi and her crew a try. Since then, we've never looked elsewhere. The highest recommendation I can give BlueXTSea is handing over my family to them to teach and train to be excellent divers (12 yr. old son, 12 yr old daughter and a new daughter in law). Now, all 7 in my family are certified divers, and the last 3 had the best instruction of all, directly from BlueXTSea. Christi and her staff treat you like a valued and appreciated customer and friend, not just another body on the boat.

1  Thank jayjoans
Reviewed March 31, 2010

We came to Blue XT Sea on very short notice because of a problem with Aldora (see my Aldora review). Christi couldn't have been better in dealing with what could have been a very bad time.

My family of 4 completed our Open Water certifications and did an additional 2 dives with them. Arturo and Ramon were the DMs we dealt with and each of them was excellent. Attentive and knowledgable DMs, friendly and easily understood. Adan was an excellent captain. Fast, small boat. Attentive, safe, and helpful captain. Small, personable operation means more flexibility than other operations.

I would recommend them to anyone, feel free to send a Personal Message to me if you want more information!

1  Thank belizeeee
Reviewed October 17, 2009

This was the second time I have dove with Blue XT, 3rd trip to Cozumel and I have had a great time each time. They allow you to dive your computer and really cater to your needs. Pedro and Arturo will both give you pointers on improving your diving if you need it in a constructive way. They both have a keen eye on finding the little critters that are very difficult to spot and they know the reefs very well. They are a valet service dive shop, they will keep, clean and store your gear and have it ready for you on the boat each morning. The captains are both first rate, almost every dive I surfaced and the boat was within about 30 feet. Service intervals are at beach clubs with fresh fruit, juice and snacks. I will be diving with them again this coming May.

3  Thank zman96
See more reviews
Reviewed September 3, 2009

Cozumel is like a second home to my family. We are down there diving quite a bit, averaging 5 weeks per year or so. We dove with Blue XT Sea for a week, and while we always enjoy the trip...there are better here on the island for the buck. Nothing terribly bad to report, but nothing spectacular either.

Try the steel tank dive ops like Living Underwater and Aldora Divers for more bottom time and the aluminum tankers like Mestizo, Dive with Martin (fantastic prices) and Dive with Allison to save a few bucks.

All cozumel diving is good diving....some dive ops can actually improve it for you.

5  Thank SouthernDiver