“First time diving”
Review of Blue XT Sea Diving

Blue XT Sea Diving
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: Founder, owner and Texas native Christi Courtney started Blue XT~Sea out of her island home, tooling around on a moped with a "Keep Austin Weird" sticker on the gas tank. With very little advertising and much goodwill, we grew to become one of Cozumel's best-loved dive operations. It wasn't just the famous surface-interval muffins and other snacks, it was the personal service that has set us apart from the very beginning. In October 2005, we purchased our second dive boat, Bandida II. Many of you know the story of how Wilma destroyed her before getting her launched - but we persisted and launched her in April 2006 and she operates alongside our original boat, Shamu providing greater choices and flexibility for our divers, snorkelers and guests.
Useful Information: Activities for older children
Reviewed April 15, 2012

Juan was great. It was my first time diving outside of a lake and he was partnered with me for all 4 dives. He was very helpful and instructive. The boat could use a little work, but would definitely would dive with them if I ever returned to Cozumel.

1  Thank Paul C

Reviewed March 20, 2012

We spent 10 days in Cozumel diving with Blue XT~Sea. We did16 tanks including a night dive and our first Nitrox dives. We are big fans. The Dive Masters Pedro and Miguel were very attentive and careful. We enjoyed long bottom times and saw spectacular scenery. We did most of our dives with Pedro. He went out of his way to be helpful to us in the preparation and set up of our equipment, pre-dive briefing, and in pointing out fish, animal life and reef formations underwater. He insisted that we test our air mix with him. We felt safe and very well cared for. Pedro and Miguel did not just go through the motions; they seemed genuinely concerned with ensuring that we enjoyed ourselves. Captain Luis was somewhat more reluctant at times and needed repeated prodding by Pedro to help out on entry or exit from the water. We were concerned that we did not meet or hear much from Christi during our stay or for a couple of weeks after. However, we had a subsequent chat with her in which she provided information that cleared up our concerns to our satisfaction. We are big fans of diving with Pedro and Miguel. We had some of our best dives ever with them. We look forward to diving with them again.

1  Thank TomTheTouristGuy
Reviewed December 28, 2011

We had an amazing four days of diving with Blue XT-Sea!

We were referred by locals who dive regularly with Christi and her team, and we were not disappointed. Christi was great at handling our reservation/answering questions via her website and email before our arrival, and once there, she was in contact with us to discuss the final details of our dives.

We decided to do a refresher dive first, as it had been over a year since we'd been certified (and had our last dives). The refresher course was conducted in relatively shallow water (maybe 20 feet) right off a pier - a great way to get our feet wet.

We had made reservations for 3 days of diving, but ended up adding a 4th (we would have added more had we not needed to take a day off before flying out!). We dove with Pedro and Miguel for two days each, and they were both absolutely wonderful, as were our captains Luis and Hector. Our The guides took the time to get to know us and the other divers, and were very good at gauging the comfort and ability level of group members and providing additional support to those who might need it (like me on our first "real" dive). They did a great job pointing out the various things to see under the water, and offered pointers/coaching to help us become better divers along the way. I also appreciated the fact that they asked us what we wanted to see/what type of dive we wanted, and tried to find sites that catered to that.

The service provided by Blue XT-Sea is excellent as well - very accommodating in helping us create the dive experience we wanted (e.g. scheduling a night dive for my husband, adding a fourth day with very little notice). The groups are small - we never had more than 5 in our group.

We will definitely dive with Blue XT-Sea again when we return to Cozumel.

1  Thank psych101
Reviewed November 26, 2011

We are newly certified PADI open water divers, but I felt we needed some extra instruction when going into the open ocean for the first time. I felt completely safe and comfortable with the private dive master my husband and I shared for our first few dives. Blue XT Sea Diving was exactly what we needed as new divers - a small boat combined with individual attention. We shared each trip with experienced divers who had returned trip after trip because they loved the boutique feel of Christi's boats along with the experience and knowledge of her boat captains and diver masters. With each dive we received the necessary fine tuning on our technique so that by the end of the week both of us felt amazingly more relaxed in the water. We plan on making a yearly trip to Cozumel, and Blue XT will always be there with us. Andrei and Miguel could not have been better dive masters and Louis, the boat captain, was always there to help us get on and off the boat. Then there were the brownies…and our gear magically showing up the next day all rinsed and ready to go...Thanks, Blue XT!!!!

1  Thank Mary W
Reviewed October 5, 2011

I was a long-time user of another dive op in Cozumel, and because of several of my friends reviews at our local dive club, I thought I would try Blue XT~Sea Divers.

In my 4 short years of diving I have about 400 dives from Australia to Red Sea and just about everywhere around the Caribbean. I dove from the shore in Bonaire, and on Aggressor/Peter Hughes live-aboards so I've had an array of experiences to base my judgement on and I have NEVER use a better dive operation than Blue XT~Sea Divers.

First, their divemasters are amazing at leading the dives, and invaluable to photographers at helping you locate subjects, especially when drifting along at a quick pace.

The style of diving is pretty much as long as you can safely stay down on an aluminum 80 you can stay. I averaged 74 minutes on my dives through 19 dives, and had a 95 minute dive on Columbia Shallows, and an 84 minute on Paradise Reef. This was a welcome change from the 45 minutes and you must surface type of operator.

The next advantage was flexibility. Late September is slow season, and so getting afternoon dives can be difficult, it's just the nature of the island. But, Blue XT~Sea Divers were awesome at letting you get in 3-tank trips if you had at least 3 people on the boat.

With 3 tanks and the LONG dive times, I was starting out at 8AM on the pier and returning around 3:30, so it was still a very long day of diving. If you do a 66, 74, and 85 minute dive you are logging some bottom time even if only 3 tanks. So that worked perfectly.

Even on two tank days we were getting back around 1:30. So you fill your mornings and then some on two.

Service, can't be beat. They set your gear up, they even take it at night and give everything a good rinsing, and the next day your gear is on the right boat and ready to go. This makes it great going back to the hotel with just your dry bag and sunglasses.

Their prices are competitive without the extra features, but when you factor in the crew, the dive times, and the services they are an extreme bargain.

I will use Blue XT~Sea Divers over and over for years to come.

2  Thank Charles A