My partner and I stayed 3 nights at the Hostel and did two 2-tank dives with Adolfo. The room and house was clean, spacious, and bright. We were given as much space, time, and help as we needed. Tina helped us settle in with useful information about the island, and managed to locate a rental car for us when literally every other (automatic) car on the island was unavailable. Wi-fi was excellent - even better than a lot of the 4,5 star hotels on the island, thanks to Adolfo's rig. Oh - and a private beach with lovely calm water 2 minutes away? Amazing!
Also, I cannot commend the diving any more. Adolfo and crew were attentive, humourous, easy-going, and everything was personalized. If you don't like diving with big companies and groups, come right here. My partner and I managed to have the lovely boat by ourselves with the crew both days! If you head to the marina with Adolfo, you'll get to ride his bad@ss jeep!
If you're staying here, it would be highly recommended/necessary to:
1) Have some mode of vehicular transportation arranged - be it bicycle, moped, car or otherwise, as indeed it is about 10 minutes from the city (by car).
2) Bring your groceries; it is only residential nearby.
3) Bring your own towel if you're fussy about the quality of them - I had A LOT of tiny lint balls all over my hair, face, and body whenever I used the towels there.
4) Have good tolerance of heat/humidity as there is no a/c. It really wasn't an issue for us with 2 fans going and windows open, but we can see it being one for others. It's a 'hostel' after all, albeit an excellent one!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Great place to relax, away from the city in a quiet country club environment just steps away from a private beach. It a house, home - very friendly atmosphere and easy to meet other travelers. Cooking facilities - great kitchen to work in - free coffee, purified water / we recommend bring some food with you for breakfast etc. We provide excelled food delivery service for a good price, if you don't wanna cook. There is 2 restaurants which provides breakfast/lunch/dinner, open from 9am to 5 pm, 12 min. Beach walk from us. Private pool, free beach towels,wi/fi, Free island map, tour/dive/kite surf information and more - everything you need is here - Location - we are 3 miles north of Cozumel downtown and a few steps from the best white sand beaches (note: there are no beaches in down town Cozumel, you must travel. Look at the maps.) We recommend to rent a scooter or car in Cozumel. We can help you with that. We get always the best deal for you, just ask. 4 rooms - spacious - each with own bathroom - (no a/c) ceiling fans throughout and fully insect screened, hot water. Services - excellent scuba instructor adolfo - learn how to dive with us Best kite surf conditions on our beach (nov-april). We know all the experts. The Beachouse can organize all activities, like diving, fishing, kite, paddle board, horse back riding and more. Lastly....we make this place awesome for anyone who is coming to cozumel! Cu soon. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Orbitz, Travelocity, TripOnline SA, Booking.com, Priceline, HostelWorld and Agoda so you can book your Beachouse Dive Hostel Cozumel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Beachouse Hostel Cozumel Hotel Cozumel