“A Neat Find”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Special occasions, Families with children, Romantic
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed January 2, 2014

We kind of stumbled on to Le Chef Cozumel by accident but it was a fun find. They provide you with tomato bruchetta rather than table bread which is a fun change. I had the grilled lobster bacon sandwich. It is something you have to try if you go to Le Chef. It was very tasty and unlike anything I have had before. It is a small restaurant with a small staff so dinner does not get served in a hurry. If you're not in a rush, it's a great place to go and have a couple glasses of wine and an unrushed dinner.

There are newer reviews for Le Chef Cozumel

Reviewed December 31, 2013

We ate here on New Year's Eve after walking to Kontesa and finding that it was completely booked for the night. We walked a half block to Le Chef and saw people eating outside and liked the vibe.

I ordered a shrimp special and my wife ordered a tuna special and both were superb.

After finishing our meal, we sat for nearly an hour watching enjoying great people-watching. There were all kinds of amazing combinations of people and things that went by on scooters driven by local folks -- a family of four, two adults and two large dogs, etc. all crammed onto tiny scooters. The best part was that there were no annoying, tip-seeking musicians like in the more touristy water front area.

The staff was very friendly and attentive.

Reviewed December 28, 2013 via mobile

The quaint restaurant and wonderful staff and chef were the highlights. We sat outside, with a view of the local gym. Odd, but really great people watching. We had the lobster sandwich. We heard such rave reviews. It was definitely good, but the cheese and sauce were the stars and I guess we hyped it up a bit in our minds. We had it on French bread. The prices are a bit steep, but the chef is so kind and attentive and the atmosphere is lovely.

Reviewed December 28, 2013

We went to Le Chef as we'd been advised that the Lobster Bacon sandwich was awesome. It was. My wife, son & I all ordered it and all loved it. That never happens. Usually one of us doesn't like the same thing. Well worth going just for that meal although the menu did have other pasta items that I would have liked to try so we may go back. But I know if we do we'll order the same thing. The restaurant itself is tiny but well kept. From the outside you might not choose to venture in but give it a try.

Reviewed December 26, 2013 via mobile

Great little family run place with a nice touch to all their dishes. Shows a lot of care and thought was put into everything they do and all the food from the kitchen. Great place to grab a drink!