“WHAT A SURPRISE!!”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Families with children, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

As a former cruise ship singer I have literally been to Cozumel 127 times. I thought I'd done it all. But I chose to actually take a two week vacation to the island and I started researching and found this restaurant. It's a little off the main road.. A couple blocks. But WHAT A FIND!! As I was looking thru the menu I saw a lobster and bacon sandwhich. It just stood out because I would have never have thought to put those two things together. I thought that it had to be good because no one would put that on a menu unless it was truly excellent. I was right. This was easily one of the best meals I have had in my entire life! I'm a texture freak when it comes to food and I couldn't have asked for anything more PERFECT! The staff were so pleasing and genuine. I can't speak highly enough of this place. I've eatin at numerous places in Cozumel and being from NYC it takes a lot to impress me when it comes to the quality of food. But the food here would rival some of NYC's best.
If there's any restaurant that should be on your "to-eat" list. It's Le Chef!!
It makes me want to book my next vacation here just so I can have that bacon and lobster sandwich again!

There are newer reviews for Le Chef Cozumel

Reviewed February 5, 2013

Good location several blocks south of the square. We ate outside.

I had the special, which was a seafood pasta. Plenty of seafood – shrimp, crab claw, squid, mussles. This was very good. The light sauce on the pasta had just a hint of spicyness.

Hubby had the infamous lobster sandwich and it was also good. The pictures on TA showed much more lobster than what was on his sandwich though.

We shared the carrot cake that came with a scoop of coconut ice cream. Excellent coconut ice cream.

Price was $556 pesos + tip, which included 1 soda and 1 beer.

I think we would return here. As I noted above, the food was very good. I would say the service here was just OK. Our waiter seemed indifferent that we were there.

Reviewed January 30, 2013

Le Chef reminds me of a French cafe bistro - it's open for breakfast, lunch and dinner. We spent two months in Cozumel, Le Chef offers the best gourmet food on the Island. The lobster and bacon sandwich is to die for, it is rich so it's a good idea to share. My personal favorite is the smoked salmon baguette, a delightful combination of cheese, smoked salmon, lettuce, black olives, pickles, mayo - the best smoked salmon sandwich I've ever had in my life! My hubby had a fantastic tuna saltimbocca last night. The shrimp and sundried tomato pizza was super tasty but a little bit oily. Their tortilla soup is the best Cozumel has to offer. Honestly, I don't think you can go wrong with anything you order. The service is always very good. It's not the cheapest place, but it's got a great atmosphere, it's the kind of place where you aren't in a hurry, you'll just want to just sit around, relax and eat amazing food!

Reviewed January 27, 2013

Popped into le chef for a quick lunch (burger and a pizza) and it was fine. The wife enjoyed the margherita pizza (had a lovely garlic & olive oil flavour) and I had a cheeseburger. It was pretty empty and we got to listen to the gym blasting tunes across the street (which was also pretty empty). Nothing bad to say about them. Maybe a bit pricey for what we ordered, but we've come to expect it. Read a lot of reviews about how great the food was, maybe if we went for dinner it would have been different.

Reviewed January 25, 2013 via mobile

Go there everytime we go to Cozumel. Great food as always and well worth the walk to find it, only thing is the gym opposite but it provided me and fiancé interesting viewing whilst chilling eating our food.

Will always return to le chef.