“Loved Josephina's Cooking Class!!”

Josefina's Cocina Con Alma
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: Bienvenido! to Josefina's Cocina con Alama. "Alma" the word for soul in Spanish is how authentic Mexican cooking begins. We invite you to explore and taste the many wonders of Mexcian cuisine through hands-on instruction with the wonderful cook & chef, Josefina. Join Josefina in her Cozumel home and kitchen for a day to learn how to make regional Yucatecan delights as well as other Mexican dishes. The class is designed for those that want a "taste" of Mexican culture (you will even get to visit the local market). It is set up for all ages to enjoy, yet comprehensive enough for those avid cooks looking to hone and learn new skills. Be prepared to eat as you will cook a feast suited for the Mayan gods!
Reviewed March 3, 2013

Last Thursday, I took Josephina's cooking class. There was only one other lady and me – practically like a private cooking class. Josephina is such a sweet lady and very informative. We made tacos, refried black beans, tortillas, gorditas and huaraches. She took us to the market to pick out fresh items to cook with – it was a great experience and I’m excited to have her cookbook and make some of these items at home.

1  Thank sammy17
There are newer reviews for Josefina's Cocina Con Alma

Reviewed February 23, 2013

We had a wonderful time with Josephina ! Food was excellent and we learn quit a few thig on mexicain cuisine. Wonderful human experience as well.

Definetly worth a try !

Reviewed February 22, 2013

Just got home from a wonderful and fun day at Josephina's Cooking Class in Cozumel MX..There were 6 people in the class and the day (4 hr) flew by..We visited the local Mercado bought supplies and Josephina answered everyone's questions about mystery items at mercado.. now will be able to visit on my own and understand better what to buy..Then walked back to Josephina's to begin our class..we made 11 different items.. including homemade corn tortillas, nopala salad, guacamole, and our dinner choice was chili rellanos, both cheese and pork..it was amazing..we ate as we went..killer margaritas..Worth every penny we paid and time we spent..Thank you Josephina for the best day and thanks to my classmates for making it a fun day too. Highly recommend..

2  Thank chicagodeb
Reviewed January 26, 2013

My husband and I recently enjoyed a cooking class with Josephina. Be sure to arrive hungry. We had such a feast - fish was our chosen dish, but we also made salad, refried beans, guacamole, corn tortillas and some sauces. She also served us fruit, chips and the best margarita I've ever tasted. Her english is very good and we learned a lot from her in a very fun and relaxed setting. I would do this again. Thanks Josephina!

2  Thank Sandi212
Reviewed January 21, 2013

Went with a friend that was visiting for a week. Really enjoyed everything about it. Don't be shy to ask questions - Josefina is very knowledgeable and helpful. The trip to the market was great - makes it easier for me to shop at these places now. Iced Hibiscus Tea is a regular daily drink for me now.

1  Thank sotar