Open today: 7:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Cervando, the best Divemaster!

We dove with Scuba du for 4 days with my husband and 2 of our friends. Cervando was our Divemaster... read more

Reviewed October 20, 2020
diana_jose123
El Nido, Philippines
Alfonso is the man!

My husband and I had never been scuba diving, but a friend recommended coming to el Presidente and... read more

Reviewed October 12, 2020
annavD3543SL
via mobile

Recommended experiences in and around Cozumel
from $96.42
from $46.50
from $82.06
from $60.00
More Info
All reviews el presidente dive master dive shop dive trip dive sites boat crew experienced divers been diving for years open water certification great diving the reefs great care these guys lobster sea life swim throughs victor
Selected filters
Reviewed August 23, 2013 via mobile

We have been diving with scuba du for a couple of years now and every time it's better. Great dive masters, attention and they take the best care of you. The specials trips with them are amazing. And they have lots of patience. We love them.

Date of experience: August 2013
Jorge D, Owner at Scuba Du, responded to this reviewResponded August 24, 2013

Dear clients,

Thank you for your loyalty for those many years and we really appreciate your comments on how you all can see how we keep improving all the time to provide the best service every day.

We hope to see you soon again int he near future.
Again, thank you very much for your business!

Truly yours,

Reviewed August 15, 2013

We just returned from 4 days in Cozumel diving with Scuba Du and I cannot say enough good things about them! We scheduled everything ahead of time: private boat with our dive master (Giacomo) and even a photographer (Antonio) on a few dives. They were so accommodating - one day my husband got a migraine after our second dive so we cut the last two dives and the whole crew was fine with it. The next day we asked if we could sleep in a bit and depart a bit later and it was totally fine. The diving was SPECTACULAR: some of the best we've done and I'd highly recommend getting a private boat if you can. It's very affordable through Scuba Du and you will get to do and see things you wouldn't get to do with a large group. The tunnels at Cidral were FANTASTIC and Giacomo even had us looking for sea horses on our dive at Paradise Reef.

Giacomo recommended we do a Whale Shark snorkel off of Isla Mujeres since we were going to Cancun next and it was awesome as well. Scuba Du coordinated the whole thing (even though the snorkel trip itself - and later, two cenote dives - weren't through their company). Jose helped us the whole time we were there and Giacomo, David (our boat driver), Antonio (photographer), and Oscar were all great to work with. We can't wait to plan our next dive trip with Scuba Du! HIGHLY recommended!

Date of experience: August 2013
Jorge D, Owner at Scuba Du, responded to this reviewResponded August 19, 2013

Dear friends,

Thank you very much for your reviews in all the great job done from all our staff.

I will make sure that all the ones involved in making your vacation a great one! are informed of the great job they have done.
We hope to see you back in Cozumel soon for another incredible diving vacation.
Thank you for you business and please do not hesitate to contact me personally for your next trip reservation.
Cheers,
Jorge.

Reviewed August 9, 2013

Have been diving with Scuba Du for 10 years now. Wonderful time diving with nancy. She took such great care of my daughter and me. Also took great photos with my camera. Best night dive ever.

Dear Special Diver,

Thank you for been writing and have been sharing your comments , I am very please to read your appraisal of our team services.

I certainly know my colleagues will be very please to know their efforts made your diving vacation a memorable one.

Please do not take to long to come back soon!

Kind Regards,

Jorge De La Fuente

Reviewed August 9, 2013

They are professional, personable, and accommodating. We had wonderful experience with our divemaster Liz Garcia. She was very knowledgeable in her dive briefing and guided us on a great dive. Talk about great customer service. They set up our gear for us, changed out tanks between dives, and grabbed our gear from the water so we didn't have to climb up the ladder with it on. We only had 4 divers on one of the days of diving and we got to pick the dive site. They provide plenty of water and fruit to snack on between dives. They definitely go above and beyond to make sure you have a great experience. We saw a pod of dolphins on the way home, and the captain spun the boat around so we could get a closer look. The boat we were on was spacious and clean. 2 days of the diving were sent up last minute. A couple phone calls from the shop and we were set. I recommend bringing a tip. They deserve it.

Dear Lisa,

Thank you very much indeed for your comments about your dive trips with us and the service that our team did to make the difference.

At Scuba Du we work very hard to please every customer and make over all there dive experience a one to remember forever , and we did with you all.

We always looking forward to have valuable guest like you all and meet needs and expectations and your feedback is extremely important to us. I will be sharing your great comments with our staff.

We hope to see you back in Cozumel very soon and allow us to pamper you all again!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed August 8, 2013

My wife and I are experienced divers, but our son (14) had only been diving once and our daughter (10) is not yet certified so she only snorkels. Last year we vacationed in Australia where we dove and snorkeled at Heron Island and although we had a great time in Australia, we wanted to introduce our kids to the warm waters and great reefs around Cozumel. I started my search on TripAdvisor for dive operators that took divers and snorkelers out on the same boat, and I could not find any. So, I changed tactics and looked for the best operator that offered private charters, and luckily I found Scuba Du.

At first, I contacted Jorge who said “no problem” and then introduced me to Virginia to make the arrangements. I can’t say enough about Virginia. She was very responsive to my (many) email questions and requests (thanks for the cold Jarritos on the boat!!!).
Since we were staying in Playa del Carmen, we took the ferry to Cozumel and a taxi to the Presedente where we found the Scuba Du check-in counter on the beach. There we met Virginia who assisted us in getting some rental gear and introduced us to our dive master - Sandy, and our snorkeling guide – Elizabeth. We then walked out to our private boat – El Vikingo.

We had a great day of diving and snorkeling. We started out with a short snorkel at a shallow, sandy spot called Cielo (sky). The water was warm and visibility was great. After that, my wife and daughter snorkeled Columbia while my son and I went with Sandy to dive Palancar. This was a memorable dive as I remember this site from long ago and my son was newly discovering it – tunnels, great coral, and sponges. We took a break for lunch at the Money Bar where we had some cool drinks and a burger. After that, we went for our final dive/snorkel at Paradise; also memorable.

We had an amazing time as a family with Scuba Du. The equipment we rented was in fine shape, Sandy and Elizabeth were great guides – very knowledgeable and friendly, and the captain and crewmember of El Vikingo were helpful and professional. I have three final thoughts. First, I must say that our family experience was well worth the cost of the private charter and I recommend that families consider this option (if you can swing it) as opposed to separating on different dive and snorkel boats. Second, having a female dive master like Sandy was a great experience for my young daughter who now can’t wait to get certified (thanks Sandy!!). Finally, thanks in general to the Scuba Du team for a time to remember.

Dear Stan,

Thanks for your fantastic reviews, we're delighted you were so pleased with our service and specially with our divemasters & instructors.

As you mentioned, taking a private boat will make a much better experience, never the less our service is as good a s it gets!

We work very hard every day to provide the best service to our clients and we hope to see you soon in Cozumel and allow us to take care of you all again.

We hope you and your family comes back soon and stay this time in Cozumel and allow us to serve you again.

Have a great weekend,