Open today: 7:30 AM - 7:00 PM

Reviewed yesterday
AndrewHebb
Atlanta, Georgia
via mobile
These guys are top notch

Reviewed 6 days ago
Owen M
via mobile

All reviews jose luis el presidente dive master intercontinental hotel dive shop night dive dive schedule private divemaster experienced divers boat crew great dive company taking care been diving for years open water dive sites his assistant the reefs
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

This is my second time diving with Scuba Du...I stayed at a different hotel this time (they are run out of the Intercontinental) and had no problem making my arrangements and accessing the boat at the Intercontinental and once at the dock in front of my hotel (the Landmark). This is a totally professional outfit. The staff are extremely friendly and always alert to your safety. I hired a dive master (Mike) who guided me through multiple “swim throughs” and tailored the dives to my desires. The group wad also very environmentally sensitive, providing water bottles to be used throughout your time with them and were very sensitive to issues concerning the integrity of the reefs. The boats were all in excellent shape and fully equipped for your needs. Special diving requests (e.g. “Devil’s Throat”) were readily considered, and we would have gone if the port was not closed. My only remotely negative comment has to do with the rental fins. They are “old school” slip ons which can irritate your feet after several days of diving...bring socks...

Reviewed 6 days ago via mobile

Scuba Du are an excellent dive centre who look after everything from start to finish. Their equipment and boats are top class and their professional team are second to none! I would highly recommend them

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Scuba du is a great dive company , the dive masters are top notch. They explain the dive and dive site well , they are very attentive and they help with your equipment.
Victor takes your gear after each dive and rinses and dries each piece for a comfortable dive the next day. Then the last day he soaps, cleans and dries the suits to take home. No other dive shop has done that for us.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

WOW What a top notch dive center! During one of our boat orientations one of the dive master’s said that “lazy diving” is practiced here. They take care of everything. Once we dropped off our gear the day we arrived, all we were responsible for was to check in each morning to pick up our marine park bracelet. This operation is run like a well oiled machine. The best advice is to just let these pros do their job. They have a system and it is very efficient. The water was very warm and visibility was easily 60+ feet daily. There is a variety of dive locations that are posted on the website so you can educate yourself as to what you might be viewing. This is drift diving but the currents were very manageable. On average there is one dive master for every 6 divers. It has been one of the most enjoyable scuba trips we have taken. Muchas Gracias

Reviewed 1 week ago

Scuba Du has an onsite presence at the Intercontinental Presidente Resort and Spa in Cozumel. We dove with them for 4 days / nine dives. They accommodated our large group (~40) divers of varying skills very well arranging the dive boats and times to fit our particular scheduling needs. The dive masters were knowledgeable and virtually psychic with regard to keeping track of everyone's equipment. Every dive was well planned and the sea life and conditions were spectacular

Reviewed 1 week ago

I have just finished a 5 day dive trip to Cozumel and went on seven dives with ScubaDu. The staff are just outstanding, quickly understanding your personal strengths and weaknesses in diving and helping you with whatever is necessary. The dive sites were beautiful: Palencar Cave, Palencar Gardens and Columbia were just great! We also went on a night dive at a site called Paradise which was a memorable experience! The dive masters and boat operators were very careful with our gear including expensive cameras. All of the staff were friendly and accommodating, offering fruit between dives and fresh water as needed. A great experience and I highly recommend them. I'm 60 and have made about 1,000 dives over 24 years of scuba diving. ScubaDu is definitely better than most and might be one of the best.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

My wife and I, along with close fiends (couple) dove with Cervando Ramirez in April 2018. We dove 6 days, two dive a day and had by far the best vacation experience. As a result, we came back (27 Oct - 03 Nov) and dove again with Cervando (by request). Again Scuba du and Cervando gave us a an experience/vacation of a life time. Thanks Cervando for the amazing dive experiences for all of us. Notable mentions, the staff, Carlos took amazing care of our equipment, and thanks to Anna for taking care of accommodations and us!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

I was a new diver and the Scuba Du staff took care of us from start to finish. Ana was in contact with us about all the details and was so great at getting back to me with questions that I had. Jose Luis was our dive master, he and the whole boat crew took such great care of my daughter and me. The dives were BEAUTIFUL! We will definitely be back!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We dove with Mario and Miguel. Despite having our regulators serviced before the trip, we had two malfunctions. Both times, Mario repaired them on the spot. It was concierge service-like diving. Highly recommend!

Jorge D, Owner at Scuba Du, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Hola James,

Thank you very much for your feedback, its very important for you to hear from our costumers so we can improve to become better every day and keep providing the best service.

Mario and Miguel are amazing and very safe dive masters. I hope you can come back again to our great Island!
Kind regards,
Jorge De La Fuente.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Being located at the Intercontinental Presidente I would expect some of the best dive boats and while they have 3-4 boats only one was rear entry step dismount normal size, the other 3 were small boats (like snorkel boats at the cruiseline docks) I don't think they had a bathroom or adequate shade and were narrow and very cramped with side, back entry. Sends a bit of a mixed message on the boats being used - cheaper boats versus a more premium experience. I saw one person hurt with ice on their leg coming off a dive boat on the day we left so not sure if that was a boat related accident or an underwater issue but was concerning. Of the several days of diving we had some very good dives and a few very mediocre dives. Many of the dives seemed a bit rushed and second dives were not as good spots so not sure how effective dive planning was at times. The staff overall was very good, helpful and safe. Also on nitrox if offered it makes more sense for me to stick with 32s then to keep have a wider range of tanks on the boat and a guessing game as to what you were getting on any given day for mixes. If I was staying on the hotel again I might continue to use their services or try another outfit or charter a private dive charter possibly.

Jorge D, Owner at Scuba Du, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Dear Musicman,

I am a bit shock about your comments about our boats?? We do not have 3-4 boats, we have 5, also 3 of them have large platforms for entry/exit. Which you can look at them on our web site scubadu.com. I am so sorry your experience was not a top noch. On the nitrox choices, the % is determinate on the different depths divers will go.
We hope you come back again and see why we are rated one of the top dive stores.
Cheers,