Open today: 7:30 AM - 7:00 PM
Review Highlights
Sandra and Scuba Du made for an incredible trip

The highlight of our stay at the Presidente was with Sandra, the onsite Scuba Du instructor. We... read more

Reviewed yesterday
michaeltN5907AB
Full Concierge, Safety-focused, Professional Dive Shop at the Presidente Hotel

Very professional and service oriented dive shop located at the Presidente Intercontinental Hotel... read more

Reviewed 3 weeks ago
ssxrcdavis
Peoria, Illinois

Recommended experiences in and around Cozumel
from $96.42
from $49.90
from $82.06
from $60.00
More Info
All reviews el presidente dive master dive shop dive trip boat crew dive sites experienced divers private boat been diving for years open water certification great diving the reefs each morning great care these guys lobster sea life
Selected filters
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Have been diving with Scuba Du for 10 years now. Wonderful time diving with nancy. She took such great care of my daughter and me. Also took great photos with my camera. Best night dive ever.

Dear Special Diver,

Thank you for been writing and have been sharing your comments , I am very please to read your appraisal of our team services.

I certainly know my colleagues will be very please to know their efforts made your diving vacation a memorable one.

Please do not take to long to come back soon!

Kind Regards,

Jorge De La Fuente

Reviewed August 9, 2013

They are professional, personable, and accommodating. We had wonderful experience with our divemaster Liz Garcia. She was very knowledgeable in her dive briefing and guided us on a great dive. Talk about great customer service. They set up our gear for us, changed out tanks between dives, and grabbed our gear from the water so we didn't have to climb up the ladder with it on. We only had 4 divers on one of the days of diving and we got to pick the dive site. They provide plenty of water and fruit to snack on between dives. They definitely go above and beyond to make sure you have a great experience. We saw a pod of dolphins on the way home, and the captain spun the boat around so we could get a closer look. The boat we were on was spacious and clean. 2 days of the diving were sent up last minute. A couple phone calls from the shop and we were set. I recommend bringing a tip. They deserve it.

Dear Lisa,

Thank you very much indeed for your comments about your dive trips with us and the service that our team did to make the difference.

At Scuba Du we work very hard to please every customer and make over all there dive experience a one to remember forever , and we did with you all.

We always looking forward to have valuable guest like you all and meet needs and expectations and your feedback is extremely important to us. I will be sharing your great comments with our staff.

We hope to see you back in Cozumel very soon and allow us to pamper you all again!

Warmest regards,

Reviewed August 8, 2013

My wife and I are experienced divers, but our son (14) had only been diving once and our daughter (10) is not yet certified so she only snorkels. Last year we vacationed in Australia where we dove and snorkeled at Heron Island and although we had a great time in Australia, we wanted to introduce our kids to the warm waters and great reefs around Cozumel. I started my search on TripAdvisor for dive operators that took divers and snorkelers out on the same boat, and I could not find any. So, I changed tactics and looked for the best operator that offered private charters, and luckily I found Scuba Du.

At first, I contacted Jorge who said “no problem” and then introduced me to Virginia to make the arrangements. I can’t say enough about Virginia. She was very responsive to my (many) email questions and requests (thanks for the cold Jarritos on the boat!!!).
Since we were staying in Playa del Carmen, we took the ferry to Cozumel and a taxi to the Presedente where we found the Scuba Du check-in counter on the beach. There we met Virginia who assisted us in getting some rental gear and introduced us to our dive master - Sandy, and our snorkeling guide – Elizabeth. We then walked out to our private boat – El Vikingo.

We had a great day of diving and snorkeling. We started out with a short snorkel at a shallow, sandy spot called Cielo (sky). The water was warm and visibility was great. After that, my wife and daughter snorkeled Columbia while my son and I went with Sandy to dive Palancar. This was a memorable dive as I remember this site from long ago and my son was newly discovering it – tunnels, great coral, and sponges. We took a break for lunch at the Money Bar where we had some cool drinks and a burger. After that, we went for our final dive/snorkel at Paradise; also memorable.

We had an amazing time as a family with Scuba Du. The equipment we rented was in fine shape, Sandy and Elizabeth were great guides – very knowledgeable and friendly, and the captain and crewmember of El Vikingo were helpful and professional. I have three final thoughts. First, I must say that our family experience was well worth the cost of the private charter and I recommend that families consider this option (if you can swing it) as opposed to separating on different dive and snorkel boats. Second, having a female dive master like Sandy was a great experience for my young daughter who now can’t wait to get certified (thanks Sandy!!). Finally, thanks in general to the Scuba Du team for a time to remember.

Dear Stan,

Thanks for your fantastic reviews, we're delighted you were so pleased with our service and specially with our divemasters & instructors.

As you mentioned, taking a private boat will make a much better experience, never the less our service is as good a s it gets!

We work very hard every day to provide the best service to our clients and we hope to see you soon in Cozumel and allow us to take care of you all again.

We hope you and your family comes back soon and stay this time in Cozumel and allow us to serve you again.

Have a great weekend,

Cordially,

Reviewed July 25, 2013

This was a perfect first dive opportunity for our two teenage sons who had recently become PADI-certified. They, as well as my husband, enjoyed it immensely. (I'm not a diver but went along on the boat just to watch.) The rental gear was in great shape and Scuba Du's team did a wonderful job of making sure it was clean, in good working order and set up prior to each trip/dive.

We were especially impressed with their dive masters. Since our sons were new divers and my husband was a bit "rusty", we requested a private dive master for the three divers in our family. Liz met our family prior to the first dive and got a feel for our experience. Once in the water she assessed their comfort and then started showing them around. Although she was also a good "tour guide", it was always obvious that safety was her primary concern. We were also impressed with the coordination of the multiple dive masters and the boat crew. They worked like a well-oiled machine. Overall, this was an excellent experience.

I would also like to add how much we enjoyed our all-day fishing trip, with Jorge and Ruben. They were wonderful. And we were thrilled to catch a large Mahi Mahi … which made for a delicious dinner later that evening! The crew fileted the fish for us and our hotel restaurant grilled it. I've never tasted fish that fresh. It was perfect!!

Date of experience: June 2013
Jorge D, Owner at Scuba Du, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Dear Guest,

We very much appreciate the time you spent writing your experience with us.

All our staff work and we make sure they all improve every day to provide the service that you all deserve and make every service we provide, safe and fun!

I will be happy to deliver to all the staff involved in your service that great job they did.

We hope to see you back soon and continue diving and fishing for another great fresh dinner!

Please do not hesitate to contact me personally for your next trip and again thank you for your feed back!

Cheers,

Reviewed July 24, 2013

I have more than 20 years taking groups for scuba diving to cozumel and scuba du dive shop is the best service in cozumel island.
I have made more than 80 diving trips with scuba du, and always excelent!!!
rango extendido, luis sanchez

1  Thank Luis S
Jorge D, Owner at Scuba Du, responded to this reviewResponded July 26, 2013

Mi querido Compadre ! and business partner,

Yes indeed it has been around 20 years of business together and we are happy that our relationship continuos to grow!

I would like to express to you my most sincere appreciation for you a s a friend and also the thrust that you have put on Scuba Du for so many years with all your very special clientele!

We hope you see you soon and wish you the best!

Te mando un fuerte abrazo
Tu amigo,