“Ok place to visit” 4 of 5 bubbles

El Cid Ceiba Resort Day Pass
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Ok place to visit”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

The staff was ok but the margarita was strong! The staff for snorkeling equipment was reluctantly courteous. The bar staff was friendly and accomodating. The water was beautiful.

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Lynn F

Swansea, Illinois
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 96 helpful votes
“No beach. Would not stay here.”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 19, 2014 via mobile

Went here on a day pass as part of our Fly High zip line tour. We were let on to believe this place had a beach. It has a small sand lot with beach chairs overlooking a cliff that drops into the ocean. The ocean view was blocked by several cruise ships. The facilities were older. The pool was ok and there was a jacuzzi with swim up bar. Food and drinks were kind of high priced. There were a few hammocks. Mostly I was upset about the no beach. You had to walk down steps to some giant boulders in the water and just jump in. Deep water. No walking into it. Snorkeled a bit. Saw several fish which was the highlight. I would not stay here any longer than we did.

Visited January 2014
2 Thank Fairviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Never again”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 16, 2013

We did the pass for a day to this beach resort . Lets just say the photos online look amazing! Not so much in person. Food was great that's it!!! Very little choices as far as drinks go that where included in package! Advertised top shelve not even close. Some staff was very pushy with wanting you to buy things and pay extra for upgraded drinks ect. Oh we'll live and learn ! For the cost go to another beach club that is a true beach club!

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Fire73
Winona, Missouri
4 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 7 helpful votes
“Rude Resort, No beach”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 30, 2013

This was part of an excursion we booked through our cruise. Once finished with the Fly High zip line we were taken by taxi to this resort. We were rushed through the door by a man, not shown were anything other than the restaurant was. I walked over to find the snorkel/towel rental building was. I ask and a man was rude and pointed to an area. I got there and my husband ask for his snorkel equipment. I ask about a locker and the guy behind the counter said I needed to go to the other counter (same building, same room, just around a corner). So I did. I stood, I waited, and waited and waited. Finally the man who had told me to go over there ask if he could help me! I told him I was still waiting on a locker. He tossed me a key and said OH!

They advertise a "beach". This gives a person the idea there is a beach going into water, not the case. They have a sand lot with lounge chairs. Then if you want in the water you walk down a set of stairs to a rock drop off and can enter the water there. We were never shown where anything was, the staff was very rude and I would not go back to this place!

Visited July 2013