“Great experience!!!”
Review of Cozumel Charters

Cozumel Charters
More attraction details
Owner description: Cozumel Charters is proud to be the #1 fishing charter in Cozumel and the Riviera Maya. We offer all-inclusive deep sea fishing, bottom fishing, and fly fishing trips in both Cozumel and Playa del Carmen, as well as private snorkeling trips to Cozumel's great coral reefs. We have a full range of boats ranging from economy budget trips to luxurious motor yachts to fit all budgets and group sizes. We welcome cruise passengers as well as hotel guests and local residents on all of our trips. Beer, snacks, lunch (on full day trips), cleaning and filleting, fishing license, all tackle and expert captain and crew are always included, free of charge. Let us show you the customer service that has made us famous during your vacation in Cozumel or the Riviera Maya.
Reviewed November 4, 2013

Our group of 5 booked through Jim a fishing trip on October, 18 2013, on the "Byte Me". Making the reservations online was a simple process and our questions were answered promptly. We got to the pier aboard the Freedom of the Seas, we followed the instructions that were given to us and the taxi took us to the marina without problem. We got there early, which we were aware of we just didn't know how long it would take from the pier to the marina. Found the boat and there was Manuel which was part of the crew, the captain, Peter got there a moment later. Manuel told us several times that we were early, to which we reply it's no problem just keep doing your job and let us know when we are leaving (we all speak Spanish and English, the crew speaks very good English). When we were ready to leave Manuel kept waiting for his "boss" which delayed us a little. His boss never showed so we don't know who he was waiting for. The day started pretty slow, no bites but we kept trying. My father and husband caught fish!!! which was awesome for them (barracuda and wahoo) and for this we have to thank the crew who never gave up and were very insistent in getting us fish; my father has been a fisherman all his life and we know is called fishing not catching. Still this was a perfect finale to the perfect vacation. That being said they are very good at their job.

Tip: For people that come on cruises be sure to keep your watch on cruise time. We talked this with Manuel since the start of the trip but he was so involved in the fishing he would forget, which ultimately left us with no time to cook our catch ( which was okay the objective was fishing). We told him several times we wanted to head back because the cruise will leave us, but he would keep to try and get more fish. My husband told Peter once we wanted to go back, and he promptly started taking us back no questions asked.

Overall it was a great experience, the boat and equipment were in excellent condition. They had refreshments and snacks.

1  Thank sandym7872013
IslandJim, Manager at Cozumel Charters, responded to this reviewResponded November 5, 2013

The thanks all belongs to you, our good client. I am pleased you enjoyed the fishing trip and the service. Taking time to know and remember the crew members by name tells me you were very much aware of what to expect and from your comments the crew gave you their best. Glad it produced catches for you fishermen.

Manny really gets into his job; he loves to fish and from your comments he demonstrated his passion for our clients to catch something during their charter time.

I will tell the crew about your review; I don't think it could be any nicer and we succeeded in in our goal of having "happy fishermen" and that's what this is all about.

Reviewed October 9, 2013

My wife and I had gone with Cozumel Charters for a fishing trip, great charter service our boat was the "Reel Music" we caught a bunch of fish and the mate suggested "The Money Bar" for a restaurant to cook the fish we had caught. We got dropped off there, they took the fish to cook and we sat down. We had to wait almost 10 minutes just to get water. We noticed that the other customers in the place were ordering alcohol and getting service, both of us don't drink alcohol. Finally we were able to get a waiter to get us water. After being on the boat for 7 hours we were thirsty. We needed refills and that was again over 10 minutes, with 5 waiters sitting right there at the bar, unbelievable. When the food finally did arrive it was excellent. They cooked our fish perfect. We paid, received change and left the place. I did not leave a tip due to the terrible service. We were across the street and the same waiter who served us came running across the street yelling, "Sir you left me no tip." I told him we had to repeatedly wait for water and that if anyone deserved a tip it was the cook and not you. He then stated that " water was free". I said, "so was the service"....incredible the nerve of this guy. The charter service is GREAT, but if they suggest "The Money Bar" to cook your fish....tell them no thank you.

Daniel and Rose Gillett

1  Thank dgillett4215
IslandJim, Owner at Cozumel Charters, responded to this reviewResponded October 10, 2013

Hello Daniel & Rose! Thank you for posting your review on Trip Advisor. These reviews do several things I think are good; they give clients a way to help advertise good service and poor service and that is helpful to readers considering a trip to Cozumel, in this case, and helps them decide on the type of activities available and the kind of service they might expect from the provider.

That said, we feel you were cheated a little in being taken to the Money Bar Restaurant. We advertise on our web site our exclusive agreement with "Margaritaville", a very popular hang-out in Cozumel and they give our clients excellent service plus a "free Calamari" as part of our agreement.

I have called the crew of your boat to do two things. I will pat them on the back for your excellent fishing review (that is what we do, so that is the most important part of your review to me), but secondly I will castigate them for suggesting they take you to the Money Bar instead of following our regimen which was well planned and for which we get good comments on the food and service - a Margaritaville legend - and that is the only place our crews are authorized to off-board our clients at the end of their charter unless the clients themselves opt to return to their hotel pier or the marina. So, for this I offer you my apologies and if you return to Cozumel, let me know in advance, I would like to give you some "Margaritaville Dollars" that you can use in their restaurant just like money for food and beverages.

Thank you for an excellent fishing charter review. And thank you for letting us know that our crew varied from policy recommending another restaurant in which you received such poor service...there is no good excuse for that.

We look forward to your return to the Mexican Caribbean. We have fishing service throughout this region, in Cozumel, The Riviera Maya, Puerto Morelos and Cancun. We hope to be your favorite fishing charter provider.

Reviewed September 6, 2013

We used Cozumel Charters while on vacationing in Cozumel, on August 21, 2013. Both Captain Raul and First Mate George were excellent! Although the fishing was not that great, they both worked extremely hard to try and get us into some fish. We managed to catch some Trigger Fish, which we brought back with us and had them cooked up at our hotel....they were delicious!! The boat and crew were superb!!! I highly recommend Cozumel Charters!!! Thanks Again! Bob Meyer

IslandJim, Owner at Cozumel Charters, responded to this reviewResponded September 7, 2013

Hey Bob,

Thank you for this very nice review of your charter experience with us. I am sorry fishing was slow, but glad you caught a few even if they were triggerfish; but those are really good eating as you point out.

I especially appreciate you had such high praise for the crew that served you on the boat Lucero; typically they get good reviews, but few visitors remember the fishing crew by name, so you must have had some nice interaction with those Cozumeleños and that makes a trip more enjoyable for everyone.

Always, Bob we are happy to take you fishing and we look forward anxiously for your return to the Mexican Caribbean...let's do it again!

Thank You!

Reviewed September 3, 2013

Traveled with 25 guests on a cruise to Cozumel. Booked a shore excursion on our own through Rosie. Her staff and her were very helpful and informative. She was a great guide for snorkeling. Stopped at three different sites along the coast. 10ft, 25ft and 85-100 feet deep. We were able to see large starfish, turtles, stingray, barracuda and many colorful fish. The snorkeling and guide were outstanding. I have traveled to many different places and snorkled, ie. eastern carribean and hawaii but this water was like no other. Unbelievably clear. We could see all the way to the bottom from our deepest points.

IslandJim, Owner at Cozumel Charters, responded to this reviewResponded September 4, 2013

We really appreciate you taking time to post a review on TripAdvisor, one of the world's leading travel forums; it will surely help some people decide on the type of tours they might enjoy while visiting Cozumel & the Riviera Maya.

A five star rating is the very best and we thank you for that; certainly we are happy you were so pleased with your service. It is always a pleasure to work with nice folks like your group. The snorkeling around Cozumel is excellent and it was our great pleasure to guide you to some of the better spots to see starfish, reef fish of all species and occassionally a big sea turtle or rays will swim by often sort of joining your snorkel group.

In the end, I am just very happy that you were so pleased with your experience in Cozumel and we hope to see you in the Mexican Caribbean again soon...real soon!

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Had a great time visiting Cozumel, we booked a tour of Chichen Itza pyramid our tour guide was very informative and he was very attentive to our needs. The facility were the bus dropped us off was rustic with allot of tourist stuff to be bought. I would recommend this tour to anybody who is interested in history and don't forget to bring your slinky!

IslandJim, Owner at Cozumel Charters, responded to this reviewResponded August 17, 2013

Hi folks! Thank you for taking time to post on Trip Advisor, one of the world's leading travel forums. Your review is sure to help future visitors to the Riviera Maya in the Mexican Caribbean decide what activities they might enjoy. There certainly is a lot of history in this region of Mexico and the Aztec/Mayan ruins that remain are fantastic. I agree these tours are great for people who have an interest in history. We are very happy you enjoyed your experience so much!